Value of: Anton Khudobin needs a new home

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Khudobin for Evander Kane @50% retained. Salaries match as Dallas is tight against the cap. I have no idea what SJs cap is.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Think khudobin would be good on a contender who rides a starter hard but has an average back up.

In those situations where Khudobin would play 15 to 20 games, he would be great value and deliver strongly.

Ya but that type of backup shouldn't cost 3 mill. That's more of a barely 1.5 mill type.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Hate to say it, but Dobby is done. If the Stars can get out of that contract, it would be a big win.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Khudobin for Evander Kane @50% retained. Salaries match as Dallas is tight against the cap. I have no idea what SJs cap is.

jim-carrey-puke.gif

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Stars shopping goalie Khudobin — The Fourth Period

During Saturday night’s “32 Thoughts” segment on Hockey Night in Canada, Sportsnet’s Jeff Marek reported Khudobin’s availability and indicated the Stars have already engaged in trade discussions about a potential deal.
“They have started to test the market and see what they can get for Anton Khudobin,” Marek said. “I know they spoke to at least one team last week and that team is the Buffalo Sabres.”
The Sabres, New York Rangers and Arizona Coyotes are among the teams interested in adding another goaltender, though Buffalo added Malcolm Subban from the Chicago Blackhawks this week.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

During Saturday night’s “32 Thoughts” segment on Hockey Night in Canada, Sportsnet’s Jeff Marek reported Khudobin’s availability and indicated the Stars have already engaged in trade discussions about a potential deal.
“They have started to test the market and see what they can get for Anton Khudobin,” Marek said. “I know they spoke to at least one team last week and that team is the Buffalo Sabres.”
The Sabres, New York Rangers and Arizona Coyotes are among the teams interested in adding another goaltender, though Buffalo added Malcolm Subban from the Chicago Blackhawks this week.

And it appears Subban is already injured.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

How about kessel for khudobin +? Kessel will need some retaining. Dallas likes old players.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
How about kessel for khudobin +? Kessel will need some retaining. Dallas likes old players.

What is the plus though? I don't see much plus Dallas will want to add that balances the cap hits.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I would need something added to Khudobin to add him to Buffalo.
-He isn't going to be a huge upgrade over all the sacrificial lambs we keep putting in net.
- Dallas could benefit from the cap space and an open contract/roster spot
- He is signed for next year as well

I don't need a marquee prospect or a first attached but something of value.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I would need something added to Khudobin to add him to Buffalo.
-He isn't going to be a huge upgrade over all the sacrificial lambs we keep putting in net.
- Dallas could benefit from the cap space and an open contract/roster spot
- He is signed for next year as well

I don't need a marquee prospect or a first attached but something of value.
I could see that. It does benefit Dallas to move his contract especially if no money comes back. Khudobin is streaky so with that I would not compare him to the lambs being put out in Buffalo for teams to feast on. Goalie won’t solve the problem there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad