Value of: Anton Khudobin needs a new home

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars are carrying 3 goalies now and Khudobin sadly has been really bad and has gotten scratched 2 games in a row now and was backup to Oettinger before Holtby came back from injury . Oettinger has been really good and Holtby has been at least ok-ish enough to keep as backup over Khudobin

What would it cost for the Stars to move him and who would take him ? Stars can probably also retain some of his contract if needed.

He's not that expensive at $3,3m Caphit ( he is paid more than his caphit this and next year at $3,75M ).

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
If Carolina is interested in Klingberg a 3 way between the Stars, Canes and Coyotes could be a move. Gostisbehere has looked good watching some Coyotes games lately.

edit - Stars are on a hot streak so I don’t see them moving Klingberg anytime soon as he’s just starting to get going.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
The give would have to be from be from the Canes to get Klingberg.

So in a deal the Stars get Gostisbehere + and move Khudobin but lose Klingberg. The Coyotes continue to stock up but not sure exactly what the Canes move all in all to get Klingberg.

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Think khudobin would be good on a contender who rides a starter hard but has an average back up.

In those situations where Khudobin would play 15 to 20 games, he would be great value and deliver strongly.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Think khudobin would be good on a contender who rides a starter hard but has an average back up.

In those situations where Khudobin would play 15 to 20 games, he would be great value and deliver strongly.

I disagree . I think he would be best on a bad team where he gets peppered with shots. Thats when he allways was at his best. When he has to only make the supposed easy saves it can still become an adventure.

Reactions: Elysian

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
But with the rest of this season and another year on his contract why would a team take him. We would have to give to move him unless it was a deal moving a player another team wanted to make it work; cap as well.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
But with the rest of this season and another year on his contract why would a team take him. We would have to give to move him unless it was a deal moving a player another team wanted to make it work; cap as well.

Dunno to hit the cap floor next year and help tank ? If he play well he might even get the team some assets back next year when his contract expires.

I still think he can play well or at least better in the right situation. He feeds on getting peppered but gives up softies with his chaotic style.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Every GM knows they (Coyotes) have to hit a cap and most will give more than Nill. Holtby will be off our cap at the end of the season and Nill will just bite Khudobins last contract year rather than pay to move it unless it’s involved in a bigger move.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
This is a complete cap dump.

I'd assume under normal circumstances it'd cost a 1st or two 2nds, but I don't know how many teams are willing (or even can) take on a cap dump right now.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Buffalo might be interested with the right compensation. You wouldn’t even need
To retain

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I doubt Khudobin’s .873 save percentage will have teams lining up for his services.

If Stars dump Anton it would probably be associated with a pick.

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
This is a complete cap dump.

I'd assume under normal circumstances it'd cost a 1st or two 2nds, but I don't know how many teams are willing (or even can) take on a cap dump right now.
I don't know when cap dumps became so expensive. That's a ridiculous ask. He's a serviceable backup at a cap hit that's a bit higher than he's worth

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't know when cap dumps became so expensive. That's a ridiculous ask. He's a serviceable backup at a cap hit that's a bit higher than he's worth

It's actually not a ridiculous ask... why would someone take a problem/dump off your hands for cheap?

Look around the league. There are only a limited number of teams that can even take on his cap dump, and then you have to eliminate the teams that have a owner that currently isn't willing to pay for cap dumps.

Which leaves you with only a select few suitors which means you have little negotiating power. Nobody is going to do you any favors.

Reactions: Altimus

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If this type of deal was on the table i'm sure a deal would already be done. Also Khudobin has i think a 3 or 4 team NTC . Not sure whats on that. Sabres could be.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If this type of deal was on the table i'm sure a deal would already be done. Also Khudobin has i think a 3 or 4 team NTC . Not sure whats on that. Sabres could be.

It could be. Dallas could say accept it or we send you to the minors though. At least in Buffalo he’d be playing for an AHL team that has a chartered plane.

Reactions: Team Cozens

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It could be. Dallas could say accept it or we send you to the minors though. At least in Buffalo he’d be playing for an AHL team that has a chartered plane.

Well Texas Stars also have to fly to every game because they have no other AHL team left anywhere near them and they're also owned by the same owner .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad