Player Discussion Anthony Duclair

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I like the idea of using him on the PK. With his speed, he'll be a threat, taking away time and making the point men nervous.

Reactions: Cosmix

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
I think he likes having francophones on the team, like Chabot, and he is close to home. I would prefer him play with White
He mentioned something like this in an interview and you can see how happy he is chatting with Pageau or Chabot. I also think DJ's move to have him kill penalties was smart.

Reactions: NB613

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A tough game for him where defensively he made some terrible, dangerous passes. I hope that isn’t the old Duclair and also that he gets back to being better defensively

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
A tough game for him where defensively he made some terrible, dangerous passes. I hope that isn’t the old Duclair and also that he gets back to being better defensively

What.

Are you sure you watched the sens game?

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I don’t think they will sign him long term. He showed in the past that he is very inconsistent. He is really good this year but the year that follow a good year he’s usually terrible so I don’t know about a long term contract with him.

Reactions: derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don’t think they will sign him long term. He showed in the past that he is very inconsistent. He is really good this year but the year that follow a good year he’s usually terrible so I don’t know about a long term contract with him.
Pts wise he's been

his last 3 years

It looks like he's trending to break 40 . A 2-3 year deal would be ideal .. He'd be 27-28 , Still young enough for another pay day and its not a long term commitment from the Sens. The Sens could always up him later or move him if the price tag becomes too high. Duclair will likely want more term

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I wonder if his friends call him "Tony".

Sign him to a minimum 3 year deal and go as high as 5. You would hate to give him another small 1-2 year deal and have him continue to improve his game and then demand an even bigger contract by then. The way he is playing, I do not see it as a big risk to sign him to a 5x5 deal.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not sure what they will do with Duclair, he's been playing well enough to warrant a new contract but is he in their long term plans? That ... I'm not so sure about given the prospects that are coming & whether he takes a spot that they may want for a prospect like Davidsson as an example. If Duclair is re-signed I don't expect it to be more than two yrs or look to trade him for a good return.

??? - L. Brown - Batherson - LW likely filled next draft
Tkachuck - White - ??? - RW likely filled by C. Brown
Formenton - Norris - ??? - RW filled by Pinto/Davidsson
Paul - Kastelic - ??? - RW filled next draft

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A player who is inconsistent is likely to remain inconsistent. A 2 or 3 year deal is fine, but I wouldn't go beyond it.

And if it turns out Duclair finally get it and wants a payday at the end of that 3-year deal, we can always move him at the deadline for a decent price if he wants more than we can afford.

Reactions: derriko

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What.

Are you sure you watched the sens game?

two off the top of my head - the one right in front of Nilsson , and the drop pass that created a 3 on 1. If I go through the film I will find more. Just because I point out horrific plays does not mean I do not like him. But it certainly follows the pattern of his previous 5 teams or whatever the amount is

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
I like him alot, and imo it looks like he is expanding his game with DJ at the helm. This year (so far) it's his first time in the NHL with more starts in the d-zone than o-zone in his career and it looks like he's actually trying to rounding out his game. Still early to say if this will continue but it I'd have no problem commiting 2-3 years to him even now considering he's only 24 (same as Paul) and its not like we have a plethora of wingers with his speed and shot coming up, Formenton and Davidsson looks promising though.

Anthony Duclair Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wonder if his friends call him "Tony".

Sign him to a minimum 3 year deal and go as high as 5. You would hate to give him another small 1-2 year deal and have him continue to improve his game and then demand an even bigger contract by then. The way he is playing, I do not see it as a big risk to sign him to a 5x5 deal.

If you were talking a chess piece kind of thing I agree the data suggests 5 by 5 which might even be a team friendly deal. But these guys get reps and it's hard for them to shed the reps. Even with a 22/23/45 type season, which he may well exceed, he might top 50, hisxrep will cost him dollars and term. I hope we sign him to a new deal. 3 years for 12 seems good. He's still young and can get a big pay day but if the bad habits return it's not an albatross deal.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If you were talking a chess piece kind of thing I agree the data suggests 5 by 5 which might even be a team friendly deal. But these guys get reps and it's hard for them to shed the reps. Even with a 22/23/45 type season, which he may well exceed, he might top 50, hisxrep will cost him dollars and term. I hope we sign him to a new deal. 3 years for 12 seems good. He's still young and can get a big pay day but if the bad habits return it's not an albatross deal.

As well as he has been playing he also has to keep his spot in the lineup - probably as a top 4 winger. We could easily have Batherson, a 2020 1RD pick, White, and Duc all competing for top 2RW positions between 2020-2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad