Confirmed Signing with Link: Anthony DeAngelo signs one-year deal with SKA (KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Dude I don’t care. I’ve judged him as a shitty person. I don’t need your lesson as to my choice of wording and how it’s indicative of “what’s wrong with society”.

I’ll swap “admitted” for “outward”. Does that satisfy you?
The only good and noble people are the ones judging you as a shitty person for judging the racist and all round ass hat even outside the racist part (he's earned this rep back in the OHL, and he's done nothing to make it stop following him; the opposite in fact):sarcasm:...but the racists on this board get really upset when their point of view is attacked by-proxy via people criticizing their bestest friend in the whole world, Tony Deangelo.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Non-hockey business aside...

Tony has NHL skill, but the year in Philadelphia seems to have done his confidence in, and the fact that he didn't play with Slavin. His first year here playing with Slavin he set the franchise record for points for a defenseman. Granted, he was poor defensively, but he was legit contributor on our top pairing. The next year, Burns came in and played a lot better defensively and scored even more points. Last year, he started on a pairing with Dmitry Orlov and it was a total, unmitigated disaster. Holy shit it was like watching 2010s Canes defense before Slavin/Pesce came over. They finally separated them and realized that Orlov played much better without TDA. TDA saw some time later in the season due to injuries and looked somewhat competent next to Brady Skjei. However, the offense wasn't there this year. If you need to be babysat by an elite partner, and you aren't proving at least 0.5 PPG offensively, you no longer belong in the bigs.

I hope he has a good year in the KHL and can make it back to the NHL. He has legit talent and makes amazing seam passes on the powerplay when he is on.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I find it fascinating how many people let Tony DeAngelo, of all people, live rent-free in their heads.

The amount of hate some of you are willing to harbor against someone you don't know, is sad to me. I was thankfully able to dismiss TDA long ago.

Mar 12, 2009
I wouldn't want to be making business decisions based on that assessment.

I wouldn't be making any business decisions either. And now I see that Chris Tierney has blown a tire and signed in Minsk.

What is wrong with these players and agents?
They want to make more money in their window for a career, and agents the same because they get more when they get their client more. It's purely financial, whether ethical or not.

It's also just a 1 year deal, if it were a long term contract you might have more of a point here.

Reactions: Cas

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I am hoping to go to Russia this spring for a vacation. Parts are very beautiful. But then again I am not brainwashed by the media
GXsCVVjX0AA75SW.jpg

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
And just like that, it took one post to move from "an admitted racist" to "social media history/numerous issues". This is the kind of lack of nuance. You said he is an "admitted racist", yet provide no evidence that he is "admitted racist [noun]" and in fact the very evidence is an unequivocal denial. Just own that you made a misstatement and don't try and say what you meant was his social media history, because that's not what you said originally.
Imagine nitpicking like this to justify defending a known racist. Pretty damn sad.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Because people like you keep spouting BS when all there is to it is that he's a D-Man who can't play proper D. Calling him all the isms in the world is what people are defending.
Fortunately, people like us weren't born yesterday like you were. There's literally a ton of evidence that he's racist and what other ism are people calling him?

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Not surprised he’s gone.

However, if someone who many consider to be an asshole also doesn’t have much of a grasp of hygiene and someone calls them a “reeking, unwashed asshole,” it amazes me how some people would fall ass over teakettle to defend the right to stink, clutching pearls over a few adjectives that aren’t even errant.

I’d say that I hope he likes borscht & blin, but he’s a racist wanker - can’t say I care much for the quality of his comfort level as much as I’d be entertained by it being low.

Last edited:

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
Fortunately, people like us weren't born yesterday like you were. There's literally a ton of evidence that he's racist and what other ism are people calling him?
Can you provide all this evidence? Haven’t followed any of it would like to read all the evidence for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad