Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
i have to say, im more excited for this season than i've been in 5+ years...even with Doughty out for a while
I’m excited because doughty isn’t playing tbh because he is a waste of space at this point regardless of how good he still is

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Kind of late to the game with the Ziemmer discussion, but this guy was drawing a good amount of hype as a mid 3rd round pick during last years camp. He has already put up pretty strong statistical numbers in the WHL in his age 17, 18 and 19 seasons, so it seems a bit off that he returns to major-junior to play a fourth season, as an overager.

I realize he is a post 9/15 b-day and thus a little bit younger than most oa players, but its a bit disappointing to return a pretty high draft pick for an overage year competing against 16-19 year olds. There have certainly been some exceptions (Sean Durzi is one notable recent one), but historically, drafted players playing major junior in their age 20 seasons have not produced strong long-term results at the NHL level, and why many teams don't go down that route with their prospects.

Looking at Ontario's likely roster, it seems like there should have been no issue fitting a 20 year old player taken in the middle of the 3rd onto that roster.

Last edited:

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Kind of late to the game with the Ziemmer discussion, but this guy was drawing a good amount of hype as a mid 3rd round pick during last years camp. He has already put up pretty strong statistical numbers in the WHL in his age 17, 18 and 19 seasons, so it seems a bit off that he returns to major-junior to play a fourth season, as an overager.

I realize he is a post 9/15 b-day and thus a little bit younger than most oa players, but its a bit disappointing to return a pretty high draft pick for an overage year competing against 16-19 year olds. There have certainly been some exceptions (Sean Durzi is one notable recent one), but historically, drafted players playing major junior in their age 20 seasons have not produced strong long-term results at the NHL level, and why many teams don't go down that route with their prospects.

Looking at Ontario's likely roster, it seems like there should have been no issue fitting a 20 year old player taken in the middle of the 3rd onto that roster.
100% Agree.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Except the fact that he only played 24 games during his age 19 year, still is 19 doesn't turn 20 to December etc, not sure if the AHL is where you want him finding his game back.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Re ziemmer it seems more like it’s about injury and recovery than anything else

At least that’s the optimist in me

But I'm with @King'sPawn about the handling, it's reminiscent of Clarke, just so goofy 4D chess. I have zero problem with him actually going down, but the jerking around is so weird. But yeah, Koehn wants to play like a dick, so go get healthy and stronger rather than coming off an ankle injury vs. men who want to take your lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad