Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
OK. So high scoring in AHL/lower levels, low scoring in NHL. What if we shift this analysis to Alex Turcotte (32 NHL games so far, 4 points)? I guess Turcotte skates real hard? or Alex Laferriere (first 24 NHL games 4 points)? Laferriere just looks like a big leaguer? Is that a redeeming quality?

You make it sound so easy.

Turcotte can't shoot the puck into the ocean but provides much more to an NHL team beyond offense than Fagemo does. You stick him on the 4th line and he can play that role very effectively. Laf is also way more well rounded than Fagemo, although I think his offensive ceiling is a bit higher than Turcotte's.

Fagemo has to be a scorer at the NHL level to provide any kind of value to an NHL team, and it just doesn't seem like he's ever going to get to that level. No shame in that, there are plenty of former 2nd round picks who just don't have quite enough and end up being scorers in the AHL and then the KHL (once they want to cash in financially). I think that is what ends up happening with Fagemo.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Crazy to hear about Nick Nickson on his way out, but it really isn't when you think about him starting with the Kings in 1981 and being with the team for over 40 years. He is in his 70's and deserves to enjoy his retirement. He should have been the clear answer to Bob retiring though. Hopefully, they can put together a season worth calling on his way out.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
NHL > AHL > College > Major Junior

In terms of speed and how fast you have to think the game, any time spent at a level higher than he is used to, is better.
So why not put Ziemmer in a conditioning assignment to get more time playing and trainimg with the pros? They did it with Clarke (after having him not play in the NHL for a few weeks).

If AHL exposure is 100% better in every way, and if he was that close to making it, why not use a rule to extend his time in a superior environment? If the object was to give him superior visibility in a superior league, why not keep him up there? If they were worried about him not getting playing time, why not send him down with other junior players?

I question the rationale. Especially as the injury DID affect his fitness, you'd think they would want more time to work with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad