Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Petersen got waived by the Flyers. Honestly Blake is such a dumb ass lol. Petersen and PLD. He should be sending Beckerman flowers every day for keeping him in the organization. What a joke Gm

Giving up 4 goals on 12 shots will do that. Rob thought he was the smartest guy in the room giving him that deal [ DL, cough cough]. 3 years x 2-3 and it's workable, but the extra 2 mil ...oof. At least he got out of it, which ain't saying much.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
So do we all assume Studnicka, Lee & Jones are getting waived? Or are the Kings going to galaxy brain themselves into sending Turcotte down?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So do we all assume Studnicka, Lee & Jones are getting waived? Or are the Kings going to galaxy brain themselves into sending Turcotte down?

1727961587858.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lt Dan

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Lee is waiver exempt.

Based on performance so far Fagemo is like waived whilst Lee and Studnicka stay up. I expect Lee goes down though as playing is the best thing for him. Fagemo is the 14th forward if he stays up.

Assuming we go with 7 D Englund is waived IMO. Essentially depending on if they go 13/8 or 14/7 will determine if Englund or Fagemo are waived. Jones and Studnicka have so far earned spots.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I have a hard time believing any of Jones, Studnicka, Fagemo and Englund get picked up by a team if waived. Maybe a team desperate for D/size due to TC injuries would pick up Englund for a bit. Possibly a bad team with no talent tries Fagemo for a bit. I think not though.
I'll likely be wrong.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Lee>>>>>>>Lewis

Sucks that Lee might not make the line up over some bum like Lewis.

I was really impressed by Lee’s ability to be open in the offensive zone. I know he didn’t really produce but he was making the most of his chances and finding the soft spot of the ice.

I had no idea he read the game offensively that well. Lewis wouldn’t ever be dangerous even if you lit him up on fire with spikes from head to toe.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I love Lewis and all he's done for the team but its definitely time for some young blood to replace him. Thomas should definitely be on the starting roster this year.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Lee>>>>>>>Lewis

Sucks that Lee might not make the line up over some bum like Lewis.

I was really impressed by Lee’s ability to be open in the offensive zone. I know he didn’t really produce but he was making the most of his chances and finding the soft spot of the ice.

I had no idea he read the game offensively that well. Lewis wouldn’t ever be dangerous even if you lit him up on fire with spikes from head to toe.
I’m not excited by Lewis being on the team by any means BUT he’s not there to be dangerous. He has a role to be defensively responsible (+PK) and to mentor the young guys alongside him, presumably Thomas and Turcotte. Hopefully he sits some games along the way to give 13/14 some looks.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I’m not excited by Lewis being on the team by any means BUT he’s not there to be dangerous. He has a role to be defensively responsible (+PK) and to mentor the young guys alongside him, presumably Thomas and Turcotte. Hopefully he sits some games along the way to give 13/14 some looks.
I really think Lewis’ pk ability is grossly overblown. I hate to bring this up but if Kings again play the oilers then that’s just wasted roster spot.

Lewis was destroyed by the oilers consistently. It’s just limited returns at this point. Would I have someone who might be a bit worse at PK while at least having some value with the puck? Yeah. Kings identity shouldn’t be losing to the oilers.

Reactions: tbrown33

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I have a hard time believing any of Jones, Studnicka, Fagemo and Englund get picked up by a team if waived. Maybe a team desperate for D/size due to TC injuries would pick up Englund for a bit. Possibly a bad team with no talent tries Fagemo for a bit. I think not though.
I'll likely be wrong.
Jones played 25 regular season and 3 PO last season and 73 games the year before. On a non play-off team he can do a job if anyone has injury issues. Studnicka doesn’t quite have the same resume but would be a solid 13th forward to plug in when needed, that said I doubt anyone claims him as most teams have someone with that profile and/or prospects to do a job. Both are nice pieces to sit in the press box most nights rather than have prospects do that job.

Englund and Fagemo I think are unlikely to get picked up. As you said, maybe Englund.

I really think Lewis’ pk ability is grossly overblown. I hate to bring this up but if Kings again play the oilers then that’s just wasted roster spot.

Lewis was destroyed by the oilers consistently. It’s just limited returns at this point. Would I have someone who might be a bit worse at PK while at least having some value with the puck? Yeah. Kings identity shouldn’t be losing to the oilers.
I don’t disagree, just pointing out why he is there. Hopefully Kaliyev comes back and pushes him out, maybe Lee does, who knows. I think his spot shouldn’t be guaranteed, that’s for sure.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Jones played 25 regular season and 3 PO last season and 73 games the year before. On a non play-off team he can do a job if anyone has injury issues. Studnicka doesn’t quite have the same resume but would be a solid 13th forward to plug in when needed, that said I doubt anyone claims him as most teams have someone with that profile and/or prospects to do a job. Both are nice pieces to sit in the press box most nights rather than have prospects do that job.

Englund and Fagemo I think are unlikely to get picked up. As you said, maybe Englund.

I don’t disagree, just pointing out why he is there. Hopefully Kaliyev comes back and pushes him out, maybe Lee does, who knows. I think his spot shouldn’t be guaranteed, that’s for sure.
My stances on vets and character have changed. Where I used to think that shit was over blown I realize it has good value. I’m open to vets with character and even limited ability to take a spot if they’re great in the locker room for
Other players. But my contingency is “limited ability”, Lewis doesn’t even have limited ability.

If Thomas or Turcotte isn’t playing opening night then it’s criminal honestly. And Lee really impressed me and I think he deserves a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad