Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
From what Hiller said it seemed to be aggressive, perhaps leaning towards high aggressive in how they intend to do it. He’s obviously not going to go into great detail at this point as it’d show his hand.

I expect how aggressive it is will depend on how well they execute as a group. It’s also something they can tweak fairly easily depending on opposition.

I think that last point is the biggest deal to me. The 1-3-1 is just so passive and rigid there’s really not a whole lot of adjustment you can make without the whole thing breaking down. You COULD run modifications of a 1-2-2 full time and the look can change a lot—but there are more decisions and reads to be make. However I think that’s basically what the squad on the ice is perfect for characteristic wise. It blows my mind that this isn’t what we were running before. It’s a quick/agile team full of two way players who thrive on creating turnovers. The 1-1-3 is always stupid but particularly so with our personnel.

Love seeing the clips of Jeannot....I already liked him on others teams so will be great to see him on the Kings this season. Will suck when he becomes a UFA and we cant resign him and watch him sign on with the Ducks/Sharks/Vegas.

It’s gonna be fun watching Kings Ducks games this year I think…lot of gritty dudes on both squads right now that don’t particularly like each other (unlike say Carter and Perry) and eager to see Jeannot and Gudas be near each other haha.

Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
When it rains it pours for Kaliyev. The kid is going to be stewing in the deepest darkest pit. He just hasn't had the durability and all-around ability hoped for. Everything is gonna ride on recovery this year now. :/

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
helenius is young, big, fights, and a center. Which plug is taking the 4th line center position on the Kings again?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
helenius is young, big, fights, and a center. Which plug is taking the 4th line center position on the Kings again?
If he can make it that would be good for the Kings. It seems Thomas has the inside track right now but he looked good on the wing last year and doesnt have to be a center. Kopitar Byfield and Helenius would be huge bodies down the middle for other teams to handle. Danault is smaller but his iq allows him to cover a lot of ground and he is chippy.
It would really be an ideal scenario for the Kings to be that big down the middle.

Dog as Man

Mostly sniffing around.
Feb 27, 2002
Napa
Big and rambuncious will buy the skill guys more room and everyone on the ice more time. 1-2-2 is an upgrade. Things could go very right or very wrong. At least when we lose I won't feel like I got beat up. Looking forward the season. We'll get to talk about how teams match up against the Kings as opposed to who plays with who.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
When it rains it pours for Kaliyev. The kid is going to be stewing in the deepest darkest pit. He just hasn't had the durability and all-around ability hoped for. Everything is gonna ride on recovery this year now. :/
At least he won't be on the 4th line to start the season...

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Listening to players talking about camp being competitive is great. They are clearly enjoying it and it doesn’t reflect well on TMac even though I recognise it was very different personnel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad