Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Probably bummed about being the incubator with Kempe for a new egg after hatching and losing a nice one in QB.

The reporters asked some good questions but were also a little awkward.

Kopitar should have been given an A and DD the C from Brown.

Nothing wrong with Kopi its just his laid back personality.

DD has more fire and an intense and demanding demeanor.

I really think it was a big mistake that has haunted the Kings.

Kopi does his job on the ice , and I love the guy, so don't misunderstand my candor.
I have a French bulldog that thinks he’s tough, yaps real loud, and gets excited and runs around the house like a bat out of hell as well. I’m not ready to name him head of household.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I like the beard on Arty. Maybe that look of a grizzled veteran will help him stick.

Obviously Kaliyev is gonna say what he has to say at the start of camp. He's got no other choice. Problem is he isn't getting a fresh start from the coaches. He needs to be put on a scoring line and kept on a scoring line. Don't set him up to fail, again.
Hiller claims it is, but I agree that a fresh start would include putting him in a better position to succeed.

“I’ll just first say this and I talked to Arthur about this, it was a really, really difficult second half, we all know that, but from a personal level, it’s really, really difficult and we empathize with that for him,” Hiller said. “That was a hard summer for him, it really is, and he was up in the air, was he going to come back, wasn’t he? I think the great part of our team is he’s back, he’s a king again, we’ll move what happened in the past from our perspective and he’s had a summer to kind of flush that too, and now he just goes back to the same standard as every other player. Nothing really changes, Arthur’s with us now. He’s had some great games, he’s had some great stretches of time, it’s been a level of consistency for him, a level of detail for him, he knows these aren’t things that he doesn’t know, but it is for every player. Arthur’s got a special skill set, we understand that. He starts a clean slate, but he doesn’t start with doesn’t start up here, he’s like these other guys, who are trying to see, where do I fit.”

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Jeannot could easily be seen as a poor fit for Danault's line. Turcotte, Thomas, Fagemo and Kaliyev should all be taking some serious stock in themselves and realizing that there is finally a legitimate chance for them to reach out and grab an impact spot in the NHL.

Lizotte and Arvidsson had important roles here, and losing Roy in favor of Clarke changes a lot of situations. There will be less safety-first hockey here and it's going to be a great opportunity for somebody to make a name for themselves.
If i were running the team, I would 100% put Turcotte on the wing with either Danault or Kopi. Sit him there for 25-40 games until he either gets hurt, fails miserably or turns into the permanent very useful top6 piece that some of us still believe he can be.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Lewis is solid 4th line role player on a team that is contending - reliable in the post season for forecheck, hustle, finishing hits. But all he has done for this team is block development of younger guys... so ya, id love for him to be gone
He was a solid fourth liner when the Kings won the cup. He’s no where near that player anymore. on a normal team Lewis would not be playing. He has zero utility anymore.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I agree on the PLD question for sure. Might as well of asked ? Wanna talk shit on anyone not here anymore?
Well lol to be fair either we get stupid questions about PLD for Kopitar to dunk on him, or we get the usual La Kings media question “So Anze, what did your dog Gustl think about Bark Madness this year?”

I’d rather have the dumb media than the glazing media lol

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If i were running the team, I would 100% put Turcotte on the wing with either Danault or Kopi. Sit him there for 25-40 games until he either gets hurt, fails miserably or turns into the permanent very useful top6 piece that some of us still believe he can be.
Danault, sure. Kopitar, no. Turcotte has to play with a level of speed and intensity to maximize his ability and that kind of game has never suited Anze. He has lost a step and needs wingers who can play along the wall and in close proximity so his safety-first approach isn't hampered by somebody creating defensive gaps while playing at a different speed. Asking Turcotte to slow down is a complete waste of his best skill sets.

Laferriere is a terrific fit for that role.

Reactions: Schrute farms

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Well lol to be fair either we get stupid questions about PLD for Kopitar to dunk on him, or we get the usual La Kings media question “So Anze, what did your dog Gustl think about Bark Madness this year?”

I’d rather have the dumb media than the glazing media lol
Agreed I feel like it’s all about timing and direction. I would have followed up with Phil instead of Kopitar on that issue since he talked about it. Maybe even asked Doughty your not getting a not canned answer from Anze.

You gotta grace the players a bit. You don’t go heavy first thing wait a couple days. It’s like dating just don’t shove it in you gotta set the mood. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
"We aren't playing the 1-3-1."
The rest of the quote was probably "we are playing the neutral zone trap."
1000016298.jpg

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Turcotte-Danault-Moore has the potential to be a f***ing nightmare to play against, while I think Jeannot is a pretty obvious miscast on that line.

Certainly screams opportunity for one of the kids on that line, if the coaching staff can be confident enough to make the necessary changes there.

It’s a big “if”

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Turcotte didn't score enough in the NCAA or AHL to be seen as a prospect with top 6 upside IMO.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, but I'm fine with him on the 4th line getting less TOI and just focusing on staying healthy and getting used to the NHL game.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Turcotte didn't score enough in the NCAA or AHL to be seen as a prospect with top 6 upside IMO.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, but I'm fine with him on the 4th line getting less TOI and just focusing on staying healthy and getting used to the NHL game.

Trevor Moore's AHL stats are similar and was outscored by Danton Heinen and Dylan Gambrell in college.

It takes a team giving him a chance higher up the lineup, like Trevor Moore didn't get in TO but did here. Otherwise you just get a good little checker. You don't draft a guy at #5 to not give him a chance...unless you're the Kings I guess.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Turcotte-Danault-Moore has the potential to be a f***ing nightmare to play against, while I think Jeannot is a pretty obvious miscast on that line.

Certainly screams opportunity for one of the kids on that line, if the coaching staff can be confident enough to make the necessary changes there.

It’s a big “if”
Nightmare? Turcotte and Moore are one hard hit away from the ER.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Trevor Moore's AHL stats are similar and was outscored by Danton Heinen and Dylan Gambrell in college.

It takes a team giving him a chance higher up the lineup, like Trevor Moore didn't get in TO but did here. Otherwise you just get a good little checker. You don't draft a guy at #5 to not give him a chance...unless you're the Kings I guess.
Kempe also didn't produce much in the AHL.

But these are exceptions.

And Turcotte's situation is a bit unique because of the injuries. I'm terrified of him getting another concussion. I'm fine with him getting 4th line minutes for now. He's a player who can work in that role. It's not a Kaliyev situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad