Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They are not the opening night lines though, it’s a start for camp.. We know there are guys competing for spots so putting them on similar level lines with each other makes for a more even comparison. If you were to put Thomas alongside Kopitar for example that potentially gives him a leg up heading into camp. Thats IF you really want to read anything into it.

I don’t think it is much other than indicating seniority and where the competition in training camp lies. Knowing Hiller it’ll be in the mixer by the middle of the day anyway. Hey, it may well work out how you describe but we will see. I’m certainly not bothered at this point as it is pretty much what I’d expect. If we’re the last preseason game I’d feel differently.

Here are the lines they opened last trianing camp with

Quinton Byfield – Anze Kopitar – Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore – Phillip Danault – Viktor Arvidsson
Kevin Fiala – Pierre-Luc Dubois – Arthur Kaliyev
Carl Grundstrom – Blake Lizotte – Trevor Lewis
Jaret Anderson-Dolan – Alex Turcotte – Samuel Fagemo – Jacob Doty

Mikey Anderson – Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov – Matt Roy
Andreas Englund – Jordan Spence
Tobias Bjornfot – Jacob Moverare

I don't know what Kings team you've been watching for the last 7 years but I appreciate your wishful thinking.

This is the org showing us exactly what theythink.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean if I'm Kaliyev and I see them putting Tanner Jeannot--who outside of one season has goal totals of 5, 5, 7, and 1--on the 2nd line, I immediately wipe my ass with that contract and go back to the press box. Never mind Fagemo, Turcotte, Thomas, etc.

This is exactly what c***b***ck talent looks like.

But whatever, it'll be a bottom tier NHL offense and get Blake fired so I guess I should get behind it.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Swap Jeannot and Kaliyev and that's a pretty sensible lineup. Three second lines and a good fourth line.
If they can motivate Kaliyev to play well by promising a trade if so, I believe it would be a good idea. I just think the dude is so far on the outside of management and his teammates - would be hard to get breaks from the staff he messes up at all.. therefore hard to gel w his linemates

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For what they're trying to achieve, I still think I'd go:
Foegele - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Fiala - Byfield - Jeannot
Turcotte - Thomas - Lewis

Though if developing players into specific roles or style of play was a priority, I'd go:
Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Turcotte - Kopitar - Foegele
Thomas - Danault - Moore
Jeannot - Lewis - Laferriere

Byfield plays with appropriate skill.

Turcotte, who plays like Iafallo, would mesh with Kopitar.

Thomas is fast and explosive like Moore, and his utility would mesh with the line.

Laferriere plays on an energy/checking line that is tenacious on the forecheck.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Here are the lines they opened last trianing camp with

Quinton Byfield – Anze Kopitar – Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore – Phillip Danault – Viktor Arvidsson
Kevin Fiala – Pierre-Luc Dubois – Arthur Kaliyev
Carl Grundstrom – Blake Lizotte – Trevor Lewis
Jaret Anderson-Dolan – Alex Turcotte – Samuel Fagemo – Jacob Doty

Mikey Anderson – Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov – Matt Roy
Andreas Englund – Jordan Spence
Tobias Bjornfot – Jacob Moverare

I don't know what Kings team you've been watching for the last 7 years but I appreciate your wishful thinking.

This is the org showing us exactly what theythink.
Different coach.

Reactions: King'sPawn

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
For what they're trying to achieve, I still think I'd go:
Foegele - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Fiala - Byfield - Jeannot
Turcotte - Thomas - Lewis

Though if developing players into specific roles or style of play was a priority, I'd go:
Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Turcotte - Kopitar - Foegele
Thomas - Danault - Moore
Jeannot - Lewis - Laferriere

Byfield plays with appropriate skill.

Turcotte, who plays like Iafallo, would mesh with Kopitar.

Thomas is fast and explosive like Moore, and his utility would mesh with the line.

Laferriere plays on an energy/checking line that is tenacious on the forecheck.
Nice job. That is the rubiks cube being solved (the 2nd one)

Reactions: Schrute farms

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Don't care. At this point I care more about them showing change not telling me about it.
I completely agree 100%.

I do think in general Hiller has a different approach to TMac. So I’m not going to assume things will follow those patterns, because I don’t think they will.

I do think the lines show where the training competition will be and I hope is that it is done purely on merit. Thats both for who is on the roster and where they start in the lineup.

So I’ll stay optimistic until they disappoint me… I just wish I’d be very surprised if that happens.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
No one is under any delusion that the lines with 2-3 regular NHLers on them are going to be superseded in any way by lines with not even one regular NHLer on them.
Turcotte on a line with Malott and Fagemo
Kaliyev on a line with Thomas and Lewis

it's possible three of those players are on the opening night roster.
It's possible four of them are on the opening night roster.
It's possible five of them are on the opening night roster.

I was really calling out a twitter account for listing Turcotte and Fagemo as 13th and 14th forwards when that is NOT what happened today.

In fact... I am anticipating 8 defensemen on the roster to start the season barring any unforeseen injuries and I'm not alone in that expectation.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Pretty sure Jim had some input when Todd picked the lines last year. If he goes in a new direction that’ll be a first. Same expectations as last year when he took over. Make the playoffs.

Now he gets up to 82 games to make that happen. Supposedly that’s the difference, and according to the team hacks, provides room to make changes.

We all know what will happen the second the shit gets within a couple of inches from the fan. It’ll be batten down the hatches and make sure you stay a number 6-8 seed.

It’s sad to see so many good hearted fans get down on their knees and worship at the alter of mediocrity. We all may as well root for some team in a city that doesn’t have half the resources and fan support this franchise does.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Turcotte – Kopitar- Moore
Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Foegele/Laf– Danault – Kaliyev
Jeannot/Laf-Thomas - Lewis

I liked this better but what do I know.

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
My concern with this line is that both Fiala and Kempe can be difficult linemates at times. They're both prone to making frustrating and stupid decisions with the puck.
Kempe had 47 🍎s last year.. he went from one of those guys that gets more goals than assists into a play maker... so i think our view of him as Kupari level play maker needs to be amended.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
xxxxxx-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegle-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Jeannot
Lewis

Kaliyev? Fagemo?

That forward lineup really needs another impact winger IMO if it's going to be good. You hope it can be Kaliyev, but the Kings won't be able to give him the time.

That's why I think they might trade for a scoring winger at the TDL. You can say goodbye to our 1st round pick.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
xxxxxx-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegle-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Jeannot
Lewis

Kaliyev? Fagemo?

That forward lineup really needs another impact winger IMO if it's going to be good. You hope it can be Kaliyev, but the Kings won't be able to give him the time.

That's why I think they might trade for a scoring winger at the TDL. You can say goodbye to our 1st round pick.

This is otherwise Blake's last hurrah, you can kiss our 1st and 2nds this year and next goodbye, as well as Kaliyev and Turcotte and any other prospects younger than them.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Llsting the lines without listing ALL the lines from all three groups is... a choice.

Can you show all the lines if you jotted them down?

If not , no big.

I wanted to see different combos.

Maybe in the games?

Kopi and Kempe can play with anyone so put Jeannot up there with more minutes to bang , open up space and hopefully regain scoring touch.

Laffy with Dault and Mo, or Kali if he has it together.

K Fi - QB - Foegs
Jeannot - Kopi - Kempe
Kaliyev - Dault - Mo
Turcotte - Lewis - Laffy

Lol, do you guys drink n the morning because the piss and vinegar smell is strong?

With the transition and turnover and some younger players , making the playoffs is a success.

They lost to Edmo , the current West Champ.

Who expects them to make a run with younger and newer guys?

Oh, you do, because they owe you something, lol

I hope Hiller is not pulling a TMAC with lines already decided but they did well out of the gate last year.

The crucial part of the season where the Kings falter is in the new year.

They need to be ready to avoid that if they are rolling early.

Don't break up Kempe and Kopi or Dault and Mo.

K Fi and QB gotta work and Foegs is the vet to help that transition.

I think they have overdone it with Laffy by burning his waiver exemption. I would prefer Kaliyev top 6 if he can start a new.

BUT ITS EARLY

Thanks for the laughs guys outside of Jessie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad