Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Laferriere is the new Iafallo, worth a shot trying him there, could uncover some untapped scoring potential in him.

Foegele is quite fast and can pop in 20+ goals, and has also been working out with Byfield over the summer, and you add Fiala's creativity with them, they could make for a potent offensive trio.

If Jeannot can be a banger and at least contribute 15 goals in a checking role, then I'd consider him a successful acquisition.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Think the only thing I'm somewhat surprised at is seeing Jeannot with Danault and Moore. Not really a similar player to Arvidsson or Fiala whom those guys spent a majority of time with last year.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Laferriere is the new Iafallo, worth a shot trying him there, could uncover some untapped scoring potential in him.

Foegele is quite fast and can pop in 20+ goals, and has also been working out with Byfield over the summer, and you add Fiala's creativity with them, they could make for a potent offensive trio.

If Jeannot can be a banger and at least contribute 15 goals in a checking role, then I'd consider him a successful acquisition.
I always liked Foegele's game I think he will do fine. But Jeannot? Since his outlier 24 goals season, he had 13 goals in his next 131 games.. that is .1 GPG.. which tracks to 8 goals. Playing up higher in the lineup should help improve that. But, I think 15 would be miraculous.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It's pretty crazy how went from Vilardi in the top 9 to Jeannot and Foegele.

This era of Kings man, the Kopitar regime has been nothing but a black eye for this organization. This team fully died when Brown retired. Even to the most optimistic Kings fans.. there's legit no improvement on this roster. If I could point on one improvement it'd be the Kings now have some more bite physically. But the talent.. where is it lol

Think the only thing I'm somewhat surprised at is seeing Jeannot with Danault and Moore. Not really a similar player to Arvidsson or Fiala whom those guys spent a majority of time with last year.
Im not surprised. The way Moore was shitting his pants vs the Oilers I am sure they added Jeannot to give the little twerp some extra gusto when the waters become rough.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Can Lewis please be waived?

I would love a Kayilev-Thomas-Turcotte or Fagemo.
Lewis is solid 4th line role player on a team that is contending - reliable in the post season for forecheck, hustle, finishing hits. But all he has done for this team is block development of younger guys... so ya, id love for him to be gone

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It's pretty crazy how went from Vilardi in the top 9 to Jeannot and Foegele.

This era of Kings man, the Kopitar regime has been nothing but a black eye for this organization. This team fully died when Brown retired. Even to the most optimistic Kings fans.. there's legit no improvement on this roster. If I could point on one improvement it'd be the Kings now have some more bite physically. But the talent.. where is it lol
Its arguably the worst top 6 offensively in the league as it stands... you have 2 guys (Laf, Jan) that will struggle to break 30 points.

Reactions: Schrute farms

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Under Sutter the Kings used to start one way and then there was usually a “moving day” where things slotted in to what opening night would look like. Under McLellan, yeah, there wasn’t a ton of competition the last 2 years. (I think the only change last year was when Kaliyev got suspended.) That made it frustrating when he’d spend all camp playing Fiala & PLD together exclusively and then break them up after 7 games because it meant that no one had gotten any reps with unfamiliar players during camp so they’d have to figure it out during the season.

Also, I look at Jeannot playing with Danault as a good thing because it means there’s a chance that Byfield might actually play top six minutes.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

It’s actually more than one summer of him training with QB so hopefully it comes together quickly.

My guess is that they all like to go to the net and work well on the cycle. Jeanot scored a lot from those types of positions, but I am personally not convinced it’s the right mix

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Seems like the lakingsinsider ssl certificate has expired… or the server time has been changed.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Lewis is solid 4th line role player on a team that is contending - reliable in the post season for forecheck, hustle, finishing hits. But all he has done for this team is block development of younger guys... so ya, id love for him to be gone
What 4th line role player has he blocked?

You aren't suggesting yet another miscast offensive kid, right?

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
What 4th line role player has he blocked?

You aren't suggesting yet another miscast offensive kid, right?
Thomas, Turcotte, Kaliyev .. Kaliyev agree that he doesnt belong on the 4th.. but rather have him skating with the club and not doodling in the press box. Its general statement of filling a roster spot with a player that has no future so why not use it for development.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Carrying 8 defensemen is the wisest choice here, and Burroughs should be safe.
I've thought about this as well, and I agree there's a good chance Englund gets claimed.

It makes even more sense when you consider Hiller likes to run the 11/7.

But a few forward injuries and we could be in a tough spot. Not sure who the waivers exempt callup would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad