Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I still can’t believe we kept Lewis. He’s “good” at PK. Really? I wonder how good the oilers thought he was when they made him their bitch.
What? You mean the current Trevor Lewis isn't this version of Trevor Lewis? You need to get in the spirit in this thing and hang your 2012 calendar back on the wall.

• Love
Reactions: The Butcher

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I like Lewis. I think he works well as a 13th forward, but you know that's not how they're going to use him.

He's one of the those players where coaches just can't help themselves. He's going to be in the lineup.
Trevor Lewis is a positive influence on this team both on and off ice.

You NEED role players. You NEED penalty killers and safety first players who know how to mitigate momentum. Having offensive players forced into those roles only hurts your team AND the player you are trying to develop. Lewis has been nothing but a positive throughout both stages of his career in Los Angeles.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You NEED role players. You NEED penalty killers and safety first players who know how to mitigate momentum. Having offensive players forced into those roles only hurts your team AND the player you are trying to develop. Lewis has been nothing but a positive throughout both stages of his career in Los Angeles.
I really have nothing against Trevor Lewis. He can fill a role on this team better, if it was a team without Kopitar and Doughty.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

I don't care about winning NOW.

Lewis turns 38 this season. He's not the same player, and shouldn't be playing 82 games.

He should be a 13th forward who can occasionally sub in.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I don't care about winning NOW.

Lewis turns 38 this season. He's not the same player, and shouldn't be playing 82 games.

He should be a 13th forward who can occasionally sub in.
he should be a coach/staff member and not playing at all, he's just....too slow. and i LOVE mr. stone hands

Reactions: ibleedkings

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
You can't rely on Turcotte and Thomas to stay healthy.

If Kaliyev is still here, he'll get some opportunities I think. He'll need to outplay Fagemo.

It seems like he's pissed off. I kind of like that.

Gonna suck seeing Lewis in the lineup over him.
Thomas’ health issues were specific. Two shoulder surgeries and one needed a second operation. I don’t think it’d be fair to therefore call him injury prone and he’d played through the shoulder issues for some time before the surgeries were done. I take the point though and the extra depth is only a good thing.

Reactions: King'sPawn

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Thomas’ health issues were specific. Two shoulder surgeries and one needed a second operation. I don’t think it’d be fair to therefore call him injury prone and he’d played through the shoulder issues for some time before the surgeries were done. I take the point though and the extra depth is only a good thing.
You ever had shoulder problems before?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 907430

It's mind boggling how far they went in "reimagining" these jerseys. In 2019, they did this "Heritage Era" throwback jersey, a literal picture perfect blueprint in the vault.

All they had to do was create a black version.

View attachment 907432
If I was a billionaire I would've outbid Mercury Insurance for the ad patch and made it say "Fire Luc"

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
We have random shit like neurolink and some random ass shit about colonizing Mars but we can’t repair shoulders and do knee surgeries correctly. Weep for humanity.

Reactions: tbrown33

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Now where would Kaliyev slot in?

Laferriere-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegele-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Jeannot
Turcotte-Thomas-Lewis
Kaliyev

Having a signed Kaliyev possibly makes it more accommodating to move him, though would be nicer if he actually was utilized, produced, and they got max value in return for him. But for him to produce, he needs to play with skaters who are a bit more skilled than Trevor Lewis.

Try him up and down the lines.

Soon as A Ko and A Ke play in pre season, I would try Kaliyev there to start.

I would like to see as many possible combinations in pre season as possible.

After trying these I would have a default guy in mind for each pair to start the season.

Anyone who excelled with a pair would go up against the default guy for that wing.

Seems like pre season got a game or 3 shorter so you are gonna have to really throw lines together and they will have to show some promise in the first game.

Seems like the Kings are gonna need goals looking at the roster overall.

It's the reset taking QB and putting him at C.

It's exciting to have established pairs and a new promising one and just needed to slot a young guy or one of the acquisitions.

Game one the vets might not suit up.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
I still can’t believe we kept Lewis. He’s “good” at PK. Really? I wonder how good the oilers thought he was when they made him their bitch.
Of course they kept Lewis, it's more important to say and have Lewis play his 1000th game as a King than giving a legit shot or even risk losing a young player to waivers.

Reactions: tbrown33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad