Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It’s interesting to observe the fan reaction to rookie camp. From what I can tell, the fan experience is poor because the organization wasn’t prepared for the demand.

Being able to watch in person was restricted and streaming was limited to the LA market till today. So the collective space for fans was not finalized up until the last minute practically.

It shows you that for all the bluster about how hard their jobs are, the people at the wheel are not bringing their best. In a year where the team spends to the cap and is counting on a bunch of kids to take the next step, it’s not surprising that the mom and pop operation continues to stumble along as par for the course.

These guys knew they had a rookie tournament coming for years. They knew that Crypto wasn’t available and El Segundo can’t accommodate the demand. So they decide to sell tickets for more money than a first round playoff seat and then trot out the employees to claim their is no way to accommodate all the team employees and regular fans.

It’s a joke how these clowns operate. It’s a toxic combination of arrogance, incompetence, nepotism, and cynicism.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
His career high in NHL games before last year was 47.

A lot of Avs fans liked his game. And we liked his game for awhile too.

He's not trash. I just think he just needs a reduced role.

He's not going to be in the AHL.

He can't be taken on waivers.

Blake may need time to sort out the defenders, even forwards and make moves before the deadline.

If he needs a little more work on D it could be a good move.

it could go either way.

Are you the locker room janitor or something?

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Bluc after we miss playoffs:
We were right there for getting in; SC is close because you get in and anything can happen.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
He did ok, but he absolutely was not a nitrous oxide boost

This is dating me but love this game back in the late 80's arcade.

the-growing-nostalgia-for-classic-racing-games-1476934622827.jpg
the-growing-nostalgia-for-classic-racing-games-1476934622846.jpg

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
It’s interesting to observe the fan reaction to rookie camp. From what I can tell, the fan experience is poor because the organization wasn’t prepared for the demand.

Being able to watch in person was restricted and streaming was limited to the LA market till today. So the collective space for fans was not finalized up until the last minute practically.

It shows you that for all the bluster about how hard their jobs are, the people at the wheel are not bringing their best. In a year where the team spends to the cap and is counting on a bunch of kids to take the next step, it’s not surprising that the mom and pop operation continues to stumble along as par for the course.

These guys knew they had a rookie tournament coming for years. They knew that Crypto wasn’t available and El Segundo can’t accommodate the demand. So they decide to sell tickets for more money than a first round playoff seat and then trot out the employees to claim their is no way to accommodate all the team employees and regular fans.

It’s a joke how these clowns operate. It’s a toxic combination of arrogance, incompetence, nepotism, and cynicism.

You are really reaching here bud.

Likely the announcements were held til close to the start.

They gave season ticket holders etc., first crack.

It's common knowledge there is a lot of staff and many scouts from all over NHL.

Your warehouse of sour grapes could make a lot of wine.

Usually you are semi reasonable but you have gone way off the reservation here, Tonto!

Get a grip on your continual meltdown!

It’s a hard league. Imagine how much worse it would be for management if the fans didn’t give the team the third most revenue in the league.

That's a lot of satisfied or at least hopeful fans!

See why the Debbie downers here are laughed at and ignored!

Reactions: Johnny Utah

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He can't be taken on waivers.

Blake may need time to sort out the defenders, even forwards and make moves before the deadline.

If he needs a little more work on D it could be a good move.

it could go either way.

Are you the locker room janitor or something?
Barring something drastic, like an injury, Clarke isn't going to be in the AHL.

I told you guys a few months ago the Kings let me talk to someone in management. It was literally Luc Robitaille. Talked at length about Edmundson and Clarke.

The entire reason Edmundson was signed was to be Clarke's D partner (IN THE NHL). Clarke is a shit talker. They're worried about teams going after him. They wanted him playing with someone big and tough who was an upgrade over Englund.

They're so set on Clarke being in the NHL that they literally signed a D partner specifically for him.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Thanks. He was with the Avs before and since the Avs are thrifty, could see the Avs pursuing him as a cheaper big body option before deciding what to do at the TDL.

It should be mentioned that one of the'8 redundant players' the Kings now have, includes signing Caleb Jones....I know he was with the Avs last year and some games with the Eagles...I live in Loveland and went to many of the Eagles games....errr....only the ones in which they played the Reign. I hated Englund, as I was at the game he concussed Turcotte. I was surprised the Kings signed him...as stated, Englund was decent the first half and fell off, after January. He was a capable middle weight fighter and held his own and won some fights...so, the fact the Kings have signed Edmundson, Burrough and Jones...PLUS dealt for Jeannot...all but says that Englund is being replaced in all ways.

How did Jones do? I don't recall seeing him last year. I go to some AVS games, but spent 4 months in Thailand Feb-June and only caught King games at 9 AM 'live' in Bangkok and Phuket on NHL Centre Ice. (good deal when abroad)

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I told you guys a few months ago the Kings let me talk to someone in management. It was literally Luc Robitaille. Talked at length about Edmundson and Clarke.

The entire reason Edmundson was signed was to be Clarke's D partner (IN THE NHL). Clarke is a shit talker. They're worried about teams going after him. They wanted him playing with someone big and tough who was an upgrade over Englund.

They're so set on Clarke being in the NHL that they literally signed a D partner specifically for him.

At this point Rob Blake could make a public video to me directly saying "hey Raccoon Jesus f*** YOU and also Brandt Clarke is in the NHL this year and here's why" and i still won't believe it until I see it on the ice

also I hope he does

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
His career high in NHL games before last year was 47.

A lot of Avs fans liked his game. And we liked his game for awhile too.

He's not trash. I just think he just needs a reduced role.

He's not going to be in the AHL.

I'm just curious what made his game fall apart seemingly overnight at the turn of the year

He went from "God I hate this guy more than Randy Jones"
to "whoa, good depth value signing"
to "whoa this is a GREAT signing for his role, ideal bottom pairing guy"
to "God I hate this guy more than Randy Jones"

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Edmundson Last 5 Years

23/24 53GP
22/23 61GP
21/22 24GP
*20/21 55GP
*19/20 68GP

*Covid shortened season.

He's 31 years old. Never played 70 regular season games in his career. I have a feeling he never will.

It's like we're trying to Voltron one capable bottom pairing LHD with the parts of three barely capable bottom pairing LHD

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
It's like we're trying to Voltron one capable bottom pairing LHD with the parts of three barely capable bottom pairing LHD
This is why it’s imperative Kirsanov has a big year in the Khl and signs with the Kings. Oh wait. Edmundson will be blocking him 3 years. Or I suppose he can replace Gavy, if he’s a total stud . But there goes his Russian mentor, for that matter. lol. The Kings have a way of making sure nothing meshes.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
At this point Rob Blake could make a public video to me directly saying "hey Raccoon Jesus f*** YOU and also Brandt Clarke is in the NHL this year and here's why" and i still won't believe it until I see it on the ice

also I hope he does
It was probably Blake that called Kingstalk to call you out. Either him or Smurf Nutz.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It should be mentioned that one of the'8 redundant players' the Kings now have, includes signing Caleb Jones....I know he was with the Avs last year and some games with the Eagles...I live in Loveland and went to many of the Eagles games....errr....only the ones in which they played the Reign. I hated Englund, as I was at the game he concussed Turcotte. I was surprised the Kings signed him...as stated, Englund was decent the first half and fell off, after January. He was a capable middle weight fighter and held his own and won some fights...so, the fact the Kings have signed Edmundson, Burrough and Jones...PLUS dealt for Jeannot...all but says that Englund is being replaced in all ways.

How did Jones do? I don't recall seeing him last year. I go to some AVS games, but spent 4 months in Thailand Feb-June and only caught King games at 9 AM 'live' in Bangkok and Phuket on NHL Centre Ice. (good deal when abroad)

I thought Jones was ok the times I saw him especially for what he’s paid. His role was somewhat limited being behind Toews and Girard and there were flashes where you wonder if he might step in if they were to trade Girard but sample size and limited role are real reasons to not get too carried away. I would’ve have been ok keeping him. But now the Avs have Kylington.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I thought Jones was ok the times I saw him especially for what he’s paid. His role was somewhat limited being behind Toews and Girard and there were flashes where you wonder if he might step in if they were to trade Girard but sample size and limited role are real reasons to not get too carried away. I would’ve have been ok keeping him. But now the Avs have Kylington.

1726190562282.png

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

also I hope he does
He talked about Clarke as if it was a forgone conclusion he'd be in the NHL.

I'm just curious what made his game fall apart seemingly overnight at the turn of the year
It's a tough job. How many guys are their teams' main enforcer, play a full schedule, and are actually good at hockey?

The fights don't look like much to us, but I think they take a lot out of you.

Lemieux was awesome and fell off a cliff too.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hoven had an interview with Clarke today and a link should be available soon (though if you subscribe to the podcast, it should be available to listen now).

Among other questions, I figured some of you would be interested in what happened with Mark Stone last year, and I asked Hoven to get Clarke's response. The question starts around the 23-minute mark.

A few bits of the response:
- they laughed about it later
- it was blown out of proportion and he was a little upset he couldn't address it sooner (he also mentioned that he knows his face was caught at an unfortunate time)
- wires were crossed that started the scrum
- his biggest concern is he was returning from shoulder surgery. So he wanted to show he was able to play but also wasn't sure if he was supposed to be fighting so soon.

The interview itself starts at about the 10-minute mark.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Edmundson Last 5 Years

23/24 53GP
22/23 61GP
21/22 24GP
*20/21 55GP
*19/20 68GP

*Covid shortened season.

He's 31 years old. Never played 70 regular season games in his career. I have a feeling he never will.
We are getting late-career Matt Greene, without the locker room presence.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Ya I got the trade but I didn't know they were that for sure on him being up.

Did they tell Clarke to tone down that talk?

And if you know, if not why?

Pretty cool , thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad