Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Luc has got to go. The luck has run out years ago.
Any positive feelings that I once had for Luc the player have been erased by Luc the "executive"

I used to have this poster in my room in my teens
1729697983793.png

Now, I want him to fall for a Nigerian e-mail scam

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After the first road trip, more or less exactly where we expected them to be

3-2-2, last wild card in the west
23rd ranked PP, 26th ranked PK
5th overall in shot attempt percentages, 3rd overall in xGF%, 8th in scoring chances for %
27th in all situations goaltending
20th in all situations shooting %
And aside from Anaheim, lose to all teams above 16th, beat all teams below 16th--continuation of last years

Observations:
-Generally solid at 5v5--but stats don't capture catastrophic breakdowns. This team is the Muzzin-Martinez pairing of teams--98% of the time they're solid systematically but the breakdowns are huge and don't get sorted out. They're also not getting bailed out by goalies.
-TERRIBLE special teams;
-Goaltending is awful--but like above, getting no help. The volume of chances trends the Kings' way, but the support for chances against is nonexistent;
-shooting skill is awful. Big guns need to get going. Kempe, Fiala in particular have been trash; Byfield hasn't been right since the injury (getting kind of sick of saying that though); Kopitar is old.
-Some players haven't even started the season yet. If anyone sees Trevor Moore doing anything but getting blown up and Phil Danault doing anything but tie his skates let me know.
-Bless the d-men, they're all slotted wrong by at least one position. But will ANYONE step up? Not one above-the-head performance from the bunch.
-The 'tough to play against' 'uncomfortable' stuff was bullshit. It's like Jeannot neutered himself after the Zub hit; the tough guys are trying to play hockey and sucking at everything instead of just hockey.
-Play Akil. There's no shortage of guys who could use a night off to watch, especially with all the travel and strange start times.
-Glad to see Turcotte-Laf-Foegele having some success. Not just for Turcotte's sake, but those guys are all basically prototypical 3rd liners and watching them cruise night after night through hard has been an early pleasure and should be a good example for others (ie they aren't just FIala having some success dangling two guys).

in summary--I don't hate Hiller. he's trying to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. The play vs. results is just a team that's not good enough to break thru on either end--they're not going to win with a "B" game with the lack of scoring talent and lack of net talent on the D side. They can generate and suppress chances at a top tier rate, but they can't pop one in or keep one out. That's a talent/construction issue, not a coaching issue.

edit: lol goalies pls

1729699366155.png

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
im glad i have nhl center ice tv so i have a choice whether or not to watch the boys. in watching and comparing other teams play against what the kings are doing the difference is striking. even at this early point in the season.
just cant wait for the la bergevins to be unveiled.
oh yeah, im told we move ahead through tradition. that is the dumbest f***ing marketing slogan or really one of the dumbest f***ing english language statements ever. what does "we move ahead through tradition" even mean?
i dont think the adults in the room at aeg are paying attention to this idiocy that passes as mgmt of a modern nhl franchise.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The Danault line called in with a severe case of apathy last night.

Byfield looks like he thought he was ready to come in and explode but forgot just how hard it is.

Kopitar has made some terrific individual plays, but his shift by shift influence on a game has faded badly over the past two years.

Clarke has to get the growing pains out of the way. Shame they couldn't have done this last year.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

killermiller

Kings Fan
Feb 7, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After the first road trip, more or less exactly where we expected them to be

3-2-2, last wild card in the west
23rd ranked PP, 26th ranked PK
5th overall in shot attempt percentages, 3rd overall in xGF%, 8th in scoring chances for %
27th in all situations goaltending
20th in all situations shooting %
And aside from Anaheim, lose to all teams above 16th, beat all teams below 16th--continuation of last years

Observations:
-Generally solid at 5v5--but stats don't capture catastrophic breakdowns. This team is the Muzzin-Martinez pairing of teams--98% of the time they're solid systematically but the breakdowns are huge and don't get sorted out. They're also not getting bailed out by goalies.
-TERRIBLE special teams;
-Goaltending is awful--but like above, getting no help. The volume of chances trends the Kings' way, but the support for chances against is nonexistent;
-shooting skill is awful. Big guns need to get going. Kempe, Fiala in particular have been trash; Byfield hasn't been right since the injury (getting kind of sick of saying that though); Kopitar is old.
-Some players haven't even started the season yet. If anyone sees Trevor Moore doing anything but getting blown up and Phil Danault doing anything but tie his skates let me know.
-Bless the d-men, they're all slotted wrong by at least one position. But will ANYONE step up? Not one above-the-head performance from the bunch.
-The 'tough to play against' 'uncomfortable' stuff was bullshit. It's like Jeannot neutered himself after the Zub hit; the tough guys are trying to play hockey and sucking at everything instead of just hockey.
-Play Akil. There's no shortage of guys who could use a night off to watch, especially with all the travel and strange start times.
-Glad to see Turcotte-Laf-Foegele having some success. Not just for Turcotte's sake, but those guys are all basically prototypical 3rd liners and watching them cruise night after night through hard has been an early pleasure and should be a good example for others (ie they aren't just FIala having some success dangling two guys).

in summary--I don't hate Hiller. he's trying to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. The play vs. results is just a team that's not good enough to break thru on either end--they're not going to win with a "B" game with the lack of scoring talent and lack of net talent on the D side. They can generate and suppress chances at a top tier rate, but they can't pop one in or keep one out. That's a talent/construction issue, not a coaching issue.

edit: lol goalies pls

View attachment 920518
Agreed with most of the points, one thing I will put out there is that Kuemper looked good in his first two games and then the Ottawa game was a blowout that he should have been pulled after the 4th or 5th goal. I'm thinking it's not a coincidence that he went on IR right after that one, was probably playing a good chunk of that game through an injury, cause he didn't look anywhere near as sharp or fast as the first two games.

Rittich has looked okay to shaky, but I have no faith in Copley to be any better.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad