Pre-Game Talk: Annual - How will the Penguins fare this season.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where will the Penguins finish in the EASTERN CONFERENCE.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 7.1%

Votes: 5 11.9%

Votes: 6 14.3%

Votes: 4 9.5%

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Bottom Six

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I said this team would comfortably make the playoffs last season. Won't be that foolish again.

So my answer the the posited question is gonna be "pretty f***in' bad, bubs."

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hmmm this is tough.
They finished 10th last year.
Potential teams they can pass this time: Caps and Isles
Teams who have reasonable odds of passing them this time: Devils, Sens, Sabres

I think they'll pass 1, but get passed by 2.

11th. Their health luck will run out with the core 4, and Sullivan's still here.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Hmmm this is tough.
They finished 10th last year.
Potential teams they can pass this time: Caps and Isles
Teams who have reasonable odds of passing them this time: Devils, Sens, Sabres

I think they'll pass 1, but get passed by 2.

11th. Their health luck will run out with the core 4, and Sullivan's still here.
I think the Devils are going to be one of the top teams in the league for sure. They were devasted by injuries last year. If they are mostly healthy this year, they are closer to the team 2 years ago that got 100+ points, except Hughes and Hirschier are a couple years better now.

I agree with you saying 11th. I just don't see how this team gets a lot better, aging sucks with regard to skill level when you are an NHL player over 30.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I’m going bottom six again. We’ve been sliding toward the cliff’s edge the past couple years. This will be the year the bottom falls out.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wanted to go bottom six but I picked 10th again…I don’t see any higher than 8th and definitely could be bottom six..

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Feels like they're gonna mean revert a bit and make the playoffs. Sullivan will get all the credit and will win the Adams

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I didn't vote in the last two of these or comment in the threads but yeah bottom 10 - I base this on the assumption Sullivan won't be fired. If he's fired during the season and Quinn isn't the coach either I'd say they finish 7-8 in the East.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Bottom six

We’ve been plummeting for years. Gotta hit rock bottom sooner or later.

Plus I’m sure it’ll be another season of an utterly clueless Sullivan getting hilariously outcoached. All while pathetically continuing to throw any shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Bottom six

We’ve been plummeting for years. Gotta hit rock bottom sooner or later.

Plus I’m sure it’ll be another season of an utterly clueless Sullivan getting hilariously outcoached. All while pathetically continuing to throw any shit at the wall to see what sticks.
I really don't know how anyone can say otherwise either.

If you look at the roster in 2022-23 and then in 2023-24 and compare it to this season's potential roster with the added disaster of a Sullivan clone replacing Reirden, there is no way this team is a playoff team even for the most nonsensical Penguins fan.

There's just so much shit that needs to be fixed and it starts with coaching, because from the last 2 seasons, to have the healthy players Sullivan had and to do absolutely jack shit with it in 2022-23 and then coached the team so poorly that Jake himself didn't even really want to stick around and Dubas had to move him because the team was still ass, I don't get how anyone thinks this team is better than the previous two seasons - Especially with Sullivan still there and now someone that is about as clueless as he is, running the D - something he's gotten credit for somehow when others were doing it for him in the NHL.

At this stage, all anyone should hope for is the veteran players playing well enough to garner interest in March, so all the hate for Eller, Acciari, Jarry, etc should be turned into cheers because their success means picks, prospects, and a future that doesn't suck and hopefully a dipshit like Sullivan gets fired a lot sooner along the way.

Regarding Quinn, I'll never not laugh at the comment by a Redditor that I had saved for laughs. Because it's literally a Mike Sullivan classic move.
The biggest thing to me with Quinn is that for a guy that was supposed to be a "development coach" he very clearly has bias for established/older players. The best example is when Kakko had 2 points in a game, took an offensive zone penalty near the end of the 2nd and didn't get a single shift in the 3rd. I think Larry David went off about that game

Said video from Larry David

Imagine if we had celeb fans for the Penguins that aren't there because of a movie being filmed in Pittsburgh, like an actual die hard that called out shit Sullivan did, maybe others would finally figure out what the rest of us have to suffer through.

This was also hilarious...
When you looked at his college record the “development coach” idea of as unwarranted.

He had a few notable NHLers who played for him for a year or two post draft, but it’s not like they needed much development. He had very few other players make the NHL.

Meanwhile his predecessor at BU sent more players to the NHL who started out lower rated and then developed under him.

This is the same hype Sullivan was living on, now he's coasting because of the 2 cups 8yrs ago and doing jack all since. Somehow we're supposed to believe team is going to make the playoffs after losing a 40 goal scorer and replacing him with a bunch of blokes that won't even do half of what he does? Eller putting up another 30pt season is definitely not happening either, I'd be shocked if it does.

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If everything goes right and multiple young guys are actually impact players, they could slip into 6-8th. More likely though, is they continue to decline and finish 10-12th.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
If everything goes right and multiple young guys are actually impact players, they could slip into 6-8th. More likely though, is they continue to decline and finish 10-12th.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad