Annual Binky Poll

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hopeful "Prospect Forward" Binky - pick 3?

• Lysell

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Merkulov

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Poitras

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • Kuntar

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Farinacci

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • McLaughlin

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Letteri

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Duran

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Your favourite pacifier (binky) prospect forward to make the roster. Favourite can be anything from "the player has paid their dues" to "hopeful success" to "to good to be in Providence" to "cool name". Whatever you want it to be.

I know Poitras will be a great player (so don't mind seeing him start in Providence). I want to see what Merk can bring to the NHL before he flees to mother Russia / becomes undesired trade asset.

My recent failed Binkys (I'm sure everyone here can name them lol):
Cehlarik
Hall
Toporowski

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Your favourite pacifier (binky) prospect forward to make the roster. Favourite can be anything from "the player has paid their dues" to "hopeful success" to "to good to be in Providence" to "cool name". Whatever you want it to be.

I know Poitras will be a great player (so don't mind seeing him start in Providence). I want to see what Merk can bring to the NHL before he flees to mother Russia / becomes undesired trade asset.

My recent failed Binkys (I'm sure everyone here can name them lol):
Cehlarik
Hall
Toporowski
Don't forget Spooner and Khokolachev

Poitras, Kuntar, Viel.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Go back further, Cameron Mann.
That was mine, I still blame Pat Burns for derailing his career. Wes Walz was another one I thought would be a star, Greg Hawgood. I had my Binky's who fell flat as well.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
That was mine, I still blame Pat Burns for derailing his career. Wes Walz was another one I thought would be a star, Greg Hawgood. I had my Binky's who fell flat as well.
I think a lot of people had a lot of hope for Mann.
Don't know what happened but he flamed out.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I thought Landon Wilson would be good for 20 goals and 70 pim for a solid 8 years here.

Anyway -- I'm pulling for Poitras to become something in the Krejci realm.

(Not saying he'll give us Krejci level production --- but their games are similar)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Poitras and Lysell for me.

Lysell can be electric, one of those players the puck follows around in the offensive zone so he could be a real treat.

Gotta be honest though, Tyler Johnson has a Mark Recchi feel.

Reactions: Over the volcano

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Merkulov is my prospect forward that I am looking forward too....

Stat of the day, the Bruins have only had one Russian forward that has played a total of 6 games that is Khokhlachev since the 2006-2007 season. 0 points and -4 are his totals.

The last player to score a point as a Russian forward on the Bruins is Chistov in 05-06.. . . .

Pushing 20 years is absolutely amazing . . . . .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
lol come on man. Recchi is 15th all time for points in the NHL. Not in the same universe.
Recchi was coming off a 14 goal season where he cleared waivers. Everyone said he was washed up. The Bruins picked him up for his veteran presence and two-time Cup winning experience, not because they thought they were getting a 100 point player.

Tyler Johnson is in a similar boat. Former offensive player that everyone says is washed up, but he's got 12 years in the league and two Stanley Cups... Feels like he could play a similar role, IF he can find his game.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
To me it's already a given that Poitras will be an NHL player, it simply depends how good a one he turns out to be.

My 'hopeful' is Kuntar. He's always seemed to have a little something about him. Probably didn't set the world on fire in his first year in Providence, as far as I can tell from a distance, but he's got some skills. Doubt he's making the opening roster, but earning a trial with the Big Bs at some point in the season is possible.

The most important one though to me is Lysell. Boston have so little genuine talent in our pool, for obvious reasons, that we really need to get a win when the opportunity does present. And it seems to me that Fabian has the potential, but he's not a lock. So going to really interesting to see how he pans out.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Poitras- I loved how he came seemingly out of nowhere to win a spot on the team.

McLaughlin- I liked him a few seasons ago when he was on the big team. I don't know what happened to him that he hasn't made it back.

Other: Justin Brazzeau. I love this guy. Never gave up on his dream & has a real chance of making it come true. I love his hockey IQ, soft hands and willingness to go to the net & stay there.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Poitras- I loved how he came seemingly out of nowhere to win a spot on the team.

McLaughlin- I liked him a few seasons ago when he was on the big team. I don't know what happened to him that he hasn't made it back.

Other: Justin Brazzeau. I love this guy. Never gave up on his dream & has a real chance of making it come true. I love his hockey IQ, soft hands and willingness to go to the net & stay there.
McLaughlin must be frustrated. He came in the NHL poised for a full time position. Perhaps he s a guy that plays better with NHL players vs AHL. He is one of my picks. Always in the mix development camp. He's due.

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Stat of the day, the Bruins have only had one Russian forward that has played a total of 6 games that is Khokhlachev since the 2006-2007 season. 0 points and -4 are his totals.

The last player to score a point as a Russian forward on the Bruins is Chistov in 05-06.. . . .

The curse of Don Cherry.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

That’s a hell of a stat. 34 years old and the last Russian forward to score for the Bruins did it during my senior year of high school.

Edit: some of you will love this. After coming back to this post, I realized that I’m actually 35.

…yup been a while since a Russian scored alright

Last edited:

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I'm hoping for the best for McLaughlin. But if i'm being honest, I don't really see what he brings to the table that someone else in the B's ocean of bottom 6'ers doesn't do better.

Reactions: Blowfish and BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wanna say “Trevor you son of a bitch” and do the predator handshake with Trevor Kuntar next year when he gets a 10 min misconduct. He is my prospect binky.

Speaking of Chistov he’s a popular immaculate grid play of mine when a bruin is needed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad