Andrew Shaw?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IndianCommitted

Hello, Duncan Keef
Aug 2, 2010
Denver
Absolutely love this kid. He's rapidly gaining more and more love every day from Chicago fans. 5 goals in 8 games, and the most games played by a draft pick that late (5th rnd) in the same year ever in the NHL.

With Hayes (7 pts in 10 gms) and Shaw (6 pts in 8 gms) playing extremely well, by the time Sharp is healthy, I absolutely guarantee Bickell will be in Rockford.

RomersWorld*

Should have had 3 more points tonight but a good goal got called off(B.S.) Did get a goal and assist though.

But wow this kid and Jimmy Hayes continue excite me every game. Hayes is a little spark plug who goes to the dirty areas. He always finds a way to get the puck on his stick.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Absolutely love this kid. He's rapidly gaining more and more love every day from Chicago fans. 5 goals in 8 games, and the most games played by a draft pick that late (5th rnd) in the same year ever in the NHL.

With Hayes (7 pts in 10 gms) and Shaw (6 pts in 8 gms) playing extremely well, by the time Sharp is healthy, I absolutely guarantee Bickell will be in Rockford.

Right now, I can't forsee a scenerio where Hayes/Shaw don't stay in the line-up once Sharp comes back, but knowing Quenneville.. there will be one and Bickell will be back in the line-up to float, play lazy and take ******** wristshots.

BiBoFro*

Right now, I can't forsee a scenerio where Hayes/Shaw don't stay in the line-up once Sharp comes back, but knowing Quenneville.. there will be one and Bickell will be back in the line-up to float, play lazy and take ******** wristshots.

It really is horse **** isn't it?

Maybe we really can get a team to take Bickell so these kids who are working hard for their spots, keep their spots.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
I think he's here to stay, both him and Hayes. Quenneville has to see now that both of them are more valuable than Bickell... Right?

I think he'd be a perfect staple on the 3rd line with Bolland and Frolik/Brunette.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I can't tell if this is serious or not.. Didn't you proclaim Smith was going to score 20 goals in the NHL, this year?

I did, I was wrong. Reasonable people change their minds when they are wrong. Smith scores a few goals in this season, maybe I'll change my mind about this, too. Right now I like Bickell better.

Hawkimus

Dec 2, 2011
Hawk Headquarters
Sharp comes back

Bickell is waived/traded , Smith should stay up as extra/rotation skater

25-19-88
10-16-81
65-36-39
15-22-67
(28)

Loving that line up, but bickell/smith could be interchangeable, should make sure bickell is out for the last few games of the seasons, because he always plays like he should when he comes back..aka playoffs.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think they are different types of players but noticed that MIKE HALMO the over-ager captain of OWEN SOUND this year--leads the OHL in scoring --Halmo weighs more than Shaw (Halmo listed at 192lbs and nearly the same height --he's 5'11 to Shaw's 6'0) --but the undrafted Halmo ALSO--like SHAW has abig PIM history in Owen Sound and about the same +/- stats --everything just about like SHAW in points and PIM's lst year and now he bursts out SCORING (albeit in the OHL) as SHAW did late last season and continuing in the pros now ...MAYBE STAN BOWMAN should try to sign HALMO (he is a year older than Shaw was whenthey drafted Shaw -so he'llbe 21 this summer) -He's passed all the drafts so I gueess that makes him an FA--still a guy who can score and scrap and works hard even if not the biggest guy,the youngest guy, but rather a very late blomer type could be a better propostion than some young guy with "potential" who nevertheless never lives upto the expectations...at the very least he could be useful to the AHL farm club.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I think they are different types of players but noticed that MIKE HALMO the over-ager captain of OWEN SOUND this year--leads the OHL in scoring --Halmo weighs more than Shaw (Halmo listed at 192lbs and nearly the same height --he's 5'11 to Shaw's 6'0) --but the undrafted Halmo ALSO--like SHAW has abig PIM history in Owen Sound and about the same +/- stats --everything just about like SHAW in points and PIM's lst year and now he bursts out SCORING (albeit in the OHL) as SHAW did late last season and continuing in the pros now ...MAYBE STAN BOWMAN should try to sign HALMO (he is a year older than Shaw was whenthey drafted Shaw -so he'llbe 21 this summer) -He's passed all the drafts so I gueess that makes him an FA--still a guy who can score and scrap and works hard even if not the biggest guy,the youngest guy, but rather a very late blomer type could be a better propostion than some young guy with "potential" who nevertheless never lives upto the expectations...at the very least he could be useful to the AHL farm club.

Halmo, IMO, is without a doubt the top overage free agent in the OHL this year. Feisty guy who projects well as an energy guy.

Trae

Calgary
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just found out about this guy. I remember seeing this thread earlier this year and didn't think much of it. But I just noticed this guy's final totals, 12-11-23 in 37 games. A few questions...

Was he a product of linemates, who was he playing with?
What's his projections for next season?
What line will he be playing on next season and at what position?
What is the general consensus on his long-term upside?

Is there another thread discussing this guy at all?

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just found out about this guy. I remember seeing this thread earlier this year and didn't think much of it. But I just noticed this guy's final totals, 12-11-23 in 37 games. A few questions...

Was he a product of linemates, who was he playing with?
What's his projections for next season?
What line will he be playing on next season and at what position?
What is the general consensus on his long-term upside?

Is there another thread discussing this guy at all?

Shaw played on all four lines in his 37 games, but one thing I can tell you for sure is that he was not a product of his linemates (whether he was paying with Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Kane, etc. or not). A ton of his points came from him being in good position offensively or creating the chance himself.

I'd project 15G, 20A for him next year, slotted in a wing spot on the third line.

Long term upside (at least in my opinion) is a winger version of Dave Bolland - agitating, potential for 40-50 points each year, plays a grinding style. Unlike Bolland, though, Shaw's also a willing fighter and is more physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad