Value of: Andrew Cogliano to Minnesota Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He's a heart and soul player, the team's emotional leader and best/most counted upon defensive LW, a position where we are currently lacking. Cogs is worth more to the Ducks than he would be in a trade.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't understand why the Wild would do this.
He's a serviceable player but we have plenty of those.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Don't like idea of trading him and don't see why Wild would be all that interested in him they need more high end scoring.

Desharnais?

No

Likely Corrado. There's a chance someone picks him up. Young and cost controlled.

We have no interest in trading a solid forward for a defenseman we have enough defenseman as is we would actually like to trade one at least. Also what does this have to do with Ducks and Wild trade?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Still pissed the Oilers traded him for a 2nd round pick (Marc-Olivier Roy). Really liked Cogliano.

Tambellini "Mr. Smirky" was an idiot. Preceded by and idiot and replaced by another idiot. Those 3 stooges created the Dark Decade.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Left shot left winger. 29yo. 30points on a good year.

We are stocked on 3rd line lefties. Deal makes no sense for MIN, although Cogliano is a good player.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Still pissed the Oilers traded him for a 2nd round pick (Marc-Olivier Roy). Really liked Cogliano.

Tambellini "Mr. Smirky" was an idiot. Preceded by and idiot and replaced by another idiot. Those 3 stooges created the Dark Decade.

Dark time for sure. However it could of been worse, mike milbury could be GM.

Ducksgo*

What would it take for the Wild to land Andrew Cogliano?

cogliano is the heart and soul of this team. No way shape or form would I ever trade him. He's the hardest working player IMO we have ever had next to Todd Marchant as a character guy on the ice and off the ice to boost morale. No way Jose. He's gonna retire a duck and rightfully so

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducksgo*

Left shot left winger. 29yo. 30points on a good year.

We are stocked on 3rd line lefties. Deal makes no sense for MIN, although Cogliano is a good player.

He's just not a good player. He brings it every single night when most players forgot we had a game today. I wish I had a full roster of Coglianos we may have won multiple Stanley cups the past few years. Lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He's just not a good player. He brings it every single night when most players forgot we had a game today. I wish I had a full roster of Coglianos we may have won multiple Stanley cups the past few years. Lol

Cogliano should be the captain he's the sort of player you want your young guys taking after. Not a superstar the but I can say very few if any players work harder than him.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Wilds needs are #1C and #1RW so why in the world would we want a #3LW?

Cogs is a good player and great at his role but there's no need for him. We have good top 9 LW's already.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild don't need a heart and soul player. The need a cold blooded sniper.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Anaheim wouldn't give a crap about Corrado, let alone at Cogliano's expense. Cogliano only goes if he absolutely has to.

Don't like idea of trading him and don't see why Wild would be all that interested in him they need more high end scoring.

No

We have no interest in trading a solid forward for a defenseman we have enough defenseman as is we would actually like to trade one at least. Also what does this have to do with Ducks and Wild trade?

He probably posted in the wrong thread. There's a waiver wire thread open...

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
No team ever has enough high energy/high character guys so obviously the Wild would have interest. But he's not the kind of player you overspend for. No deal here.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
I remember when he scored 3 OT winners in a row for the Oilers. Our team wasn't built properly for a guy like Cogs to succeed in, so I'm glad he found his niche in Anaheim.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
No team ever has enough high energy/high character guys so obviously the Wild would have interest. But he's not the kind of player you overspend for. No deal here.

I think this is a great point, but also another reason why Anaheim needs him.

He's very valuable to ANA, He doesn't fit any need for MIN. I don't think there's much more to say on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad