Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Even the context of his performance as you explained is not a good take and it's hilariously flawed. You talk about how Kuzy won't be as good without Peterson. I could give you examples such as Drai won't be as good without McDavid, Hughes won't be as dominant without Hronek as a d partner, Matthews won't be as good playing without some top 6 forward etc. What you don't get is the fact Kuzy has a scoring touch and not everyone has that. You don't see his skills so your analysis of a player is flawed. That's what separates a stat nerd from a scout.
I actually said hrs good foe 50 -60,points but wondered if he'd produce that with less talented teammates. Considering he's scored 4 goals this season while firing at a 12.5% accuracy (a percentage which is far more likely to continue than his blaxing 27% of last season). He's on pace to score under 20 goals. The bulk of his points are coming via assists. Not to say that's not valuable. But it's not unreasonable to wonder if fewer of those set up get converted if he's feeding libemates with less finishing ability. Nowhere did I say he's not good. My logic is reasonable.

Now there's to be made that if he didn't have the same quality linemates he may choose to shoot more rather than pass. And that's certainly valid considering he only takes 1.5 shots per game. If he was to score at the same percentage but had a higher shot output then there's a good chance his goal production goes back up.

These aren't unreasonable scenarios to consider that are based on actual output.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Ah so now you’re back tracking.

Not only is your analysis above wrong, you said his deal is terrible. Nice
It is a terrible deal. Canucks could have probably gotten a 1st for Kuzmenko at the deadline last year when he was still on his ELC. Instead they destroyed his trade value by signing him to this deal. Nobody is giving up a 1st or likely even a 2nd for Kuzmenko given his new cap hit and predictable drop off in production.

• Haha
Reactions: CherryToke

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
It is a terrible deal. Canucks could have probably gotten a 1st for Kuzmenko at the deadline last year when he was still on his ELC. Instead they destroyed his trade value by signing him to this deal. Nobody is giving up a 1st or likely even a 2nd for Kuzmenko given his new cap hit and predictable drop off in production.
He is not for sale dude. Never has been.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Got paid on the strength of an unrepeatable season. Now that he's come back down to earth the deal looks terrible

How is 5.5mil for 2 years terrible? He’s still on pace for 60 points, and he has look very good and creative out there, just hasn’t been going his way.

If we paid him the 7.5 mil he was worth based on last years production, sure. But he took less, and is basically paid what he’s worth for short term. I don’t understand the hate.

Plus, this guy is a great personality. Great energy, passion and a good locker room guy.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
IF we want to move Kuzmenko, there had better be a young, skilled power forward winger coming back 1 for 1. After last night's game, I think the team just needs a burly wing to drive the net and open up space for his linemates. Kuzmenko alone could definitely get that guy given his contract, youth and skill.

He is 27 no?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Terrible is probably an overstatement. But anyone expecting him to score at the same pace as last year is in fir disappointment. He had a 27.5% shooting percentage. By comparison Ovechkin, one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the league has a career average of 12.9%.

Kuzmenko isn't going to replicate last year. He's getting points this year by in large thanks to the finishing ability of his linemates Pettersson abd sometimes Miller . He's probably good for 50-60 points a year moving forward and his contract isn't really out of line for that kind of production. But I wonder if he manages even that if he's on a team with less talented linemates.

Not "probably" which is why I and others took issue with your original post on it. 5.5m per says he wasn't paid for his 39 goal 74 point season. If he was paid to flat out repeat that season he'd have been making a good 2m more per season. 5.5m now is the going price for 50-60 point guys so he's kinda right on pace to earn the contract. He's not out performing the contract is about the only thing you could say.

We can agree on the second part I highlighted and I think that's a fair assessment.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I took a lot of heat for saying he wouldn't hit 25 goals this season. Shooting percentages almost always come back to earth.
Anyone with any sense knew this but I def had to argue it out with a ton of people.

Kuz literally had the highest shooting % in like 30 yrs or something. People have a difficult time ever thinking someone will not be as good as they were the yr before when theyre still young.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Terrible is probably an overstatement. But anyone expecting him to score at the same pace as last year is in fir disappointment. He had a 27.5% shooting percentage. By comparison Ovechkin, one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the league has a career average of 12.9%.

Kuzmenko isn't going to replicate last year. He's getting points this year by in large thanks to the finishing ability of his linemates Pettersson abd sometimes Miller . He's probably good for 50-60 points a year moving forward and his contract isn't really out of line for that kind of production. But I wonder if he manages even that if he's on a team with less talented linemates.
In other words: your post was nonsense as per usual whenever you talk about the Canucks.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad