Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Just curious, 2 years left (including 23-24 season) at $5,500,000. Has had a bit of a weird start to the season under Tocchet yet he's still able to produce, wondering what Canucks fans would ever look for if they were to shop him?

72474274272.JPG

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Can't see him being available. He only wanted to go to Vancouver or Edmonton and he not only got his top desired location, the Nucks team is doing great and he's fit in well.

Funny take by the poster above me. 5.5m for a player almost pacing 60 points is more than reasonable. It's not even a long term deal.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Can't see him being available. He only wanted to go to Vancouver or Edmonton and he not only got his top desired location, the Nucks team is doing great and he's fit in well.

Funny take by the poster above me. 5.5m for a player almost pacing 60 points is more than reasonable. It's not even a long term deal.
He's also had some pretty tough puck luck too, could have had about 3-4 more goals but has been the victim of a couple posts and a couple robberies by the opposing goalie. While I'd like him to score more, he's doing fine for his cap hit/term.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
IF we want to move Kuzmenko, there had better be a young, skilled power forward winger coming back 1 for 1. After last night's game, I think the team just needs a burly wing to drive the net and open up space for his linemates. Kuzmenko alone could definitely get that guy given his contract, youth and skill.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I took a lot of heat for saying he wouldn't hit 25 goals this season. Shooting percentages almost always come back to earth.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I just don't think there's any realistic world where he's "available". Getting his chemistry with Pettersson and having a 30G+ guy at his very reasonable pricetag is just way too important to the Canucks cap structure.

He's also a guy who specifically chose Vancouver and is part of a whole cabal with some other Russian players and specifically Dan Milstein clients, who currently seem to be a bit of a competitive advantage for the Canucks. It'd be a terrible look to then deal him away against his clear intentions to stay in Vancouver. So that makes it an extra touchy subject to even contemplate.

Not to mention how it'd look to Pettersson. Unless there was some sort of huge, clear upgrade coming back the other way. Which is tough to do, especially without taking on a ton more salary. First line winger for under $6M is great value, even if he doesn't offer a whole huge amount of anything outside of his goal-scoring touch around the net area.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We'd only be interested in a single piece return, that has more value than Kuzmenko does, and would make your teams management look like absolute fools for making the trade.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
How is it terrible?
Terrible is probably an overstatement. But anyone expecting him to score at the same pace as last year is in fir disappointment. He had a 27.5% shooting percentage. By comparison Ovechkin, one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the league has a career average of 12.9%.

Kuzmenko isn't going to replicate last year. He's getting points this year by in large thanks to the finishing ability of his linemates Pettersson abd sometimes Miller . He's probably good for 50-60 points a year moving forward and his contract isn't really out of line for that kind of production. But I wonder if he manages even that if he's on a team with less talented linemates.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Terrible is probably an overstatement. But anyone expecting him to score at the same pace as last year is in fir disappointment. He had a 27.5% shooting percentage. By comparison Ovechkin, one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the league has a career average of 12.9%.

Kuzmenko isn't going to replicate last year. He's getting points this year by and large thanks to the finishing ability of his linemates Pettersson abd sometimes Miller . He's probably good for 50-60 points a year moving forward and his contract isn't really out of line for that kind of production. But I wonder if he manages even that if he's on a team with less talented linemates.
Ah so now you’re back tracking.

Not only is your analysis above wrong, you said his deal is terrible. Nice

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Kuzmenko isn't going to replicate last year. He's getting points this year by in large thanks to the finishing ability of his linemates Pettersson abd sometimes Miller . He's probably good for 50-60 points a year moving forward and his contract isn't really out of line for that kind of production. But I wonder if he manages even that if he's on a team with less talented linemates.

Kuzmenko has played a grand total of round abouts ~15 minutes at even strength with Miller this year and...one single goal was scored. :laugh:

I don't think you know what you're talking about here.

No, Kuz isn't gonna score at that same rate even though he's the sort of player who is naturally going to have a higher than average SH% by virtue of the way he does all his real work within a 12ft tether to the opponents net. Nobody was realistically expecting that.

But more than that...what the heck does it matter what Kuzmenko would do with "less talented linemates" than Pettersson? The reality is...that's what he's paid to be in Vancouver to do. Support Petey. He does it well. The two read off each other extremely well and Kuz has the finishing touch around the net to really help cash some of those setups that are going to come his way.

That's why they ain't trading him. He's worth more to Vancouver in his chemistry with Pettersson than he'd be to any other team trying to trade for him. So among other reasons, that's why he stays.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Got paid on the strength of an unrepeatable season. Now that he's come back down to earth the deal looks terrible
You don't even make sense. Do you trade any player if they have a bad 10 game stretch? Jeez some people are too shortsighted or maybe have ADHD

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Dude you seem so confused and lost. He can score goals and we need his skills. You think if we plug any bum on the top line they could replicate Kuzy? Your take is terrible

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Kuzmenko has played a grand total of round abouts ~15 minutes at even strength with Miller this year and...one single goal was scored. :laugh:

I don't think you know what you're talking about here.

No, Kuz isn't gonna score at that same rate even though he's the sort of player who is naturally going to have a higher than average SH% by virtue of the way he does all his real work within a 12ft tether to the opponents net. Nobody was realistically expecting that.

But more than that...what the heck does it matter what Kuzmenko would do with "less talented linemates" than Pettersson? The reality is...that's what he's paid to be in Vancouver to do. Support Petey. He does it well. The two read off each other extremely well and Kuz has the finishing touch around the net to really help cash some of those setups that are going to come his way.

That's why they ain't trading him. He's worth more to Vancouver in his chemistry with Pettersson than he'd be to any other team trying to trade for him. So among other reasons, that's why hei stays.
The thread is asking about the value of Kuzmenko. I assume that's referring to a trade scenario, so what he's capable of with less talented linemates ,(Pettersson) is actually extremely pertinent to the conversation.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The thread is asking about the value of Kuzmenko. I assume that's referring to a trade scenario, so what he's capable of with less talented linemates ,(Pettersson) is actually extremely pertinent to the conversation.

It really isn't though. Because it basically quashes the concept before it even gets started. If the argument is, "he's worth less because he wouldn't be as good without Pettersson" the obvious follow up is..."they'll happily just keep him and play him with Pettersson then". Which basically nixes any trade discussion or dialogue about "value". They have literally zero reason to move him unless someone absolutely blocks their doors off with an insane upgrade offer.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Dude you seem so confused and lost. He can score goals and we need his skills. You think if we plug any bum on the top line they could replicate Kuzy? Your take is terrible
Again. What did I say that's incorrect? Do you honestly expect him to repeat a season where he scores at a 27.5% efficiency?

He's shooting at a far more realistic 12.5% this year and that's translated into 4 goals in 21 games.

It really isn't though. Because it basically quashes the concept before it even gets started. If the argument is, "he's worth less because he wouldn't be as good without Pettersson" the obvious follow up is..."they'll happily just keep him and play him with Pettersson then". Which basically nixes any trade discussion or dialogue about "value". They have literally zero reason to move him unless someone absolutely blocks their doors off with an insane upgrade offer.
No where in the original post does it say any of that though. It only asks what he'd be worth in a trade.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Again. What did I say that's incorrect? Do you honestly expect him to repeat a season where he scores at a 27.5% efficiency?

He's shooting at a far more realistic 12.5% this year and that's translated into 4 goals in 21 games.
Even if he can't replicate 40 goals he will still be scoring more goals than someone like Garland or Hoglander or PDG. You think there are scoring wingers given for free where Canucks can pick a scoring winger off a Christmas tree? Your take is stupid and we need him. Why would Canucks trade him unless it's an upgrade?

Reactions: biturbo19

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Even if he can't replicate 40 goals he will still be scoring more goals than someone like Garland or Hoglander or PDG. You think there are scoring wingers given for free where Canucks can pick a scoring winger off a Christmas tree? Your take is stupid and we need him. Why would Canucks trade him unless it's an upgrade?
I was replying to the original post asking what he'd becworth in a trade. I didn't suggest a trade or even support a trade. Simply commented on the context of his perfornance. Don't like the concept if the trade? Take it up with the OP.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I was replying to the original post asking what he'd becworth in a trade. I didn't suggest a trade or even support a trade. Simply commented on the context of his perfornance. Don't like the concept if the trade? Take it up with the OP.
Even the context of his performance as you explained is not a good take and it's hilariously flawed. You talk about how Kuzy won't be as good without Peterson. I could give you examples such as Drai won't be as good without McDavid, Hughes won't be as dominant without Hronek as a d partner, Matthews won't be as good playing without some top 6 forward etc. What you don't get is the fact Kuzy has a scoring touch and not everyone has that. You don't see his skills so your analysis of a player is flawed. That's what separates a stat nerd from a scout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad