Speculation: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to come back to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I think Akost is a solid NHLer for the right price. Depth scoring and a big body... but this team has enough regular season depth to get to the POs.

Akost's PO stats are pretty bad on a pretty big sample size. Scores at a grinder's pace

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He was making 3 million almost tax free in the KHL.

I imagine he'll need around 3 to come back to the NHL.

1 year, 2.5-3million to play on the third line, and fill in on the top 6 would work I think.
How much of that 3 million tax free money did he see though? It was well documented that many of those players weren't getting paid. Do they get paid in USD or Ruble?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He will sign with Toronto, book it. Babcock will assemble a rag tag bunch of veterans to band aid along while the younger players get experience. Toronto will be the hotbed of recycled vets/oversea players wanting another shot. :laugh::laugh:

You think Babcock would work with a player like Kostitsyn come on... :shakehead

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
This team is so short of talent on the wings, I would love to have him back.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Parenteau
DLR-Eller-DSP
Prust-Mitchell-Weise

Get rid of PAP, get a better RW and bump Gallagher down.

Now we're getting somewhere.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
The league has gotten faster since AK's last stint here.

For those who forget, he isn't the fastest guy out there. Doubt he can be a 20 goal scorer anymore.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Let's sign and welcome back both Kostitsyn. We should offer a contract to Vladimir Putin as well, I heard he can score too!

:sarcasm:

hmmm. Honestly, I'd like Andrei back and maybe even Sergei. They had a few problems on and off ice but I would believe they would make our Top-9 better. I mean, would they be worse than PAP? or Prust? or Weise? or DLR?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
For me, the criticism that AK46 was inconsistent does hold some water, though that is not surprising of a guy who is mainly a skill player and scores about 20 goals a year.

As to comments of him not being physical or soft, bull, the guy hit and played a physical game, when on. He certainly had the skill set and you would think he could produce more.

If you accept him as an inconsistent ( not close to Bourque ) 20 goal skill guy who could play physically, then you are fine with him.

I also don't think he was treated square here. I remember AK getting off to a good start one year and Mr. Personality, JM was asked about his good start, JM replied, .."contract year". Why the hell would a coach say something so stupid about a player playing well ? You tell me how a player is going to do playing for a jack-ass coach who treats him with such disdain, when the player is doing well.

If you remember AK was yo-yoed around the line-up , even when it looked his was a good line, like when he was hooked up with Eller ( poor Eller ).

Did not like losing AK. He provided scoring depth.

The best we did offensively recently was in year one with MT, when we had scoring depth and rolled out 3 lines. Had a bunch of guys on pace for 20 goals. So yes, if AK looks like he can score 20, then yes, bring him back, and give him to Eller. A line of DLR.....Eller....AK46 could be good, as someone suggested, or AK46...Eller....Weise.

Last edited:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Good for him

He ain't coming here, definitely does not fit what Bergevin is looking for in a player and I'm happy he won't be coming back.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Good for him

He ain't coming here, definitely does not fit what Bergevin is looking for in a player and I'm happy he won't be coming back.
I'm sure we wont sign Petry either because Bergevin will offer like $3.75 or something stupid.

Bergevin isn't without mistakes. Sekac did more in 11 minutes last night than Smith-Pelly in 30 games here.

I don't think many people here WANT Kostitsyn. It's that we have Parenteau and Wiese playing top-9 on the right side. He's better than that.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
lol at people not wanting him back. Put him in the lineup and he instantly becomes our second best scorer.

I just don't see how he'll will fit with Therrien system. I just hope Scherback will have a terrific camp and take that spot. I want youth. Also a spot for Hudon on the third. We should stick to main plan: build through the draft. I don't want old UFA's.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
In spite of his bad rep whether its true or false (Inconsistency or/and laziness, bad influences(remember the mob stories?)) I would take a chance on him with a 1yr reasonable contract at 1-2m. If MB can bring back Ryder for a second stint with the team I don't see why he can't take a shot at AK46 when we are so desperate for offense.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Disclaimer: Always was a Kostitsyn fan.

However: His fanning on guaranteed goal one timers used to make me cringe. Never seen a guy with that much talent miss so many one-timer opportunities.

That being said, unlike PAP he wouldn't be entirely useless when he isn't scoring. He isn't terrible at both ends but not great either, but he actually brings size and physicality to the mix. Plus, I've always heard despite media criticism that he was well liked in the lockerroom. Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but I never felt it was a lack of effort, more-so a lack of certain skills like the one-timer I mentioned.

If it's just a one year deal I can't really see it hurting us, he'll be hungry for another contract and play with a chip on his shoulder. Plus from what I've heard he loves this city, I think we'd be at the top of his list of teams.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Disclaimer: Always was a Kostitsyn fan.

However: His fanning on guaranteed goal one timers used to make me cringe. Never seen a guy with that much talent miss so many one-timer opportunities.

That being said, unlike PAP he wouldn't be entirely useless when he isn't scoring. He isn't terrible at both ends but not great either, but he actually brings size and physicality to the mix. Plus, I've always heard despite media criticism that he was well liked in the lockerroom. Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but I never felt it was a lack of effort, more-so a lack of certain skills like the one-timer I mentioned.

If it's just a one year deal I can't really see it hurting us, he'll be hungry for another contract and play with a chip on his shoulder. Plus from what I've heard he loves this city, I think we'd be at the top of his list of teams.

Agreed. I recall Scott Gomez saying something to the effect that AK46 was one of the most liked guys in the room. He could certainly slot into the RW position ahead of Weise and PAP. Absolutely no risk on a 1 year show me contract.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
hell-no-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad