Anders Lindback

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Preds fan inquiring about Lindy. Loved him here in Nashville, and was very glad to see him get a starting job on a team I like. How is he doing? Obviously he's loving the goal support, but does he look like a legit starter?

Thanks, and best of luck!

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
He's coming along....let's in a softie or two but then again, at times he's been solid. I think the jury's still out at the moment as far as a number one but you don't (usually) become a number one overnight.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
I'm not gonna list a bunch of pros/cons, but I will say I am overall satisfied with the way he has been playing.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Truth be told, hes a little iffy still. I think that might be a product more of coaching rather than ability. I wish we could drop off a truck full of cash for Mitch Korn and bring him to Tampa.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Just to say:
We are currently 6th in GA per game, with 3 teams in front of us with one game less, so I think we should be really happy right now...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just to say:
We are currently 6th in GA per game, with 3 teams in front of us with one game less, so I think we should be really happy right now...
We're tied for 11th with a 2.57 GA/G average. Lindback's GAA is 2.83, though, as Garon was in net against the 1 GA vs Carolina.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
I just want to echo a lot of people's sentiments about Lindback. It seems like every game he lets in a soft goal. However, every game I feel like he makes a save that would've been a goal, so I think it kind of evens out...Once he gets settled in he's a beast, but as of right know he's not really dominating the games as much as our Offense is. I think we're all pleased to see the flashes he shows us on a nightly basis, but we're just waiting for him to put it all together into a complete game.

I couldn't be more happy, last year was atrocious goalie-wise, and another "OK" backup would've been fine with me. I'll take a project like Lindback. He's better than an OK goalie, and he's got a higher upside than most other goalies.

Rayiner

LET'S GO BOLTS!
Feb 19, 2012
Zvolen
He's really good. Yesterdays match against Jets was (again) unlucky for him because he had a lot of great stops including that rob :handclap:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Fell asleep before the start of the third, saw we gave up 3 and 2 on PP. Should he have gotten any of the 3?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
H seems to have one goal against per game that looks weak. But then plays really well the rest of the time. Overall I am liking him. So the answer to your question you did not ask is, no. You cannot have him back.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Good to hear you guys are happy with him. He definetly has some maturing to do, but he's got the tools to be a really good tender.

Oh, and to the poster who wanted Mitch Korn, he isn't for sale :naughty:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I think some harsher criticism is leveled his way due to our team having some awful goaltending the last couple years. I think he's playing just fine in net. Some weaks goals allowed, sure, but he's made some fantastic saves that have kept us in games and allowed the offense to take over. Some of those breakaways and tic-tac-toe plays he's robbed would have been sure goals in the past. I'm liking him and we know he's only going to get better.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Ok, so what's your opinion of Lindback so far? Or rather: Has it changed? I love his size and athleticism but I think just as the whole team he hasn't been very consistent. To be fair, he got hung out to dry a bunch of times but it seems like every game he lets in a soft goal. But then again he comes up with huge sequences like those three or four saves in a row last night against the Panthers or saves that just blow your mind like this one:

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I agree. It's so weird. He will let in some of the softest goals I've ever seen, but then come up with almost unsaveable saves later. It is odd. The soft goals will be weeded out I'm sure. Remember, this is his first season playing more than a game every now and then.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I agree. It's so weird. He will let in some of the softest goals I've ever seen, but then come up with almost unsaveable saves later. It is odd. The soft goals will be weeded out I'm sure. Remember, this is his first season playing more than a game every now and then.

I agree with this. He would probably have been better suited being a platoon goalie this year instead of the #1, and be the #1 next year, but as it stands, he'll be fine.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Right now, I'm not so sure. I had more confidence in him a couple weeks ago but lately we might have won a couple of those games if he didn't let in some softies that cost us. In breakaways and shootouts, he's looked more like Mike Smith. But then again, maybe it's still a defense issue. He's young but as of today, the jury's still out imo.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Hes been mediocre to bad the entire season thus far, sans the Montreal game where he was good.

He makes a great save here and there but lets in way too many easy save type goals, or goals that are horrible no matter what level of hockey you play.

He has the skills, and the physical ability, but right now, no Im not satisfied with him.

The only reason a lot of posters are, is because of what we have had the past almost 10 years. Hes currently the lesser of the evils basically.

I would like to ask though, has he always held his glove high and make a downward motion to make a glove save or is this something new? I think its horrible and has probably cost him about 5 goals this season easily.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Overall he's been good. I'm fine with him continuing the season as our #1 goalie.

Most of his issues seem like stuff that will work itself out as he gets used to being a #1 goalie. This is still only his 3rd year in the NHL, there are quite a few areas that he'll need to improve on, but I like him as our solution in goal for the long run.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
He's always making impressive saves from time to time. Now he needs to put it all together. Fix the five hole and practice penalty shots.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Outsider curious about opinions of Anders Lindback

Hi Tampa fans, so ill start off by saying I've been a bit of a casual fan of your team for a while now and I am normally rooting for you guys as I scoreboard watch, so I hope you will be able to turn around this current slump! So I haven't gotten a chance to watch any of your games this year and I'm wondering what your opinions of Lindback are after 20 or so games into the season here? Are you happy with what you have seen so far? Do you feel that he is the longterm solution to your goaltending? And If not what is your outlook on the goaltending future in Tampa? Thanks!

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i think he is good, and has the skills in there somewhere but so far I don't see him as a franchise goalie that we have been looking for. I see him more as a very good starter down the road. I'm hoping he can prove me wrong, but his mental toughness to power through an entire game hasnt really shown yet. Still lets in a softie, and isnt ready to be relied on to win games. Makes big saves and key times which is good, but the weak ones and overplaying the shooter have been huge weaknesses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad