London, ON
55 6+ 3-
52 3+3-
27 2+1-
2 5+5-
65 5+4-
28 7+4-

Picked 40, 13 and 56 as stars. HM to 15, 21, 8

Hey Loojay. Thanks for playing again. Sounds like Prez wants in on the next game.

We scored several guys very similar tonight:

K 6 -2 vs 6 -3
E 3 -1 vs 3 -3
Q 2 -1 vs 2 -1 (identical :) )
DK 4 -3 vs 5 -4
Its the last 2 we have different BUT same in theory (Zidlicky good night, smith pluses match minuses)
Z 4 0 vs 7 -4
S 2 -1 vs 5 -5
I think Most of smiths game for me was simple and solid tonight. So that minimized his scoring with me. Ill average our scores for the SBDSS totals :)
Thanks again man.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Hart Dats, Pulx, and Sheahan.

Z played well, except one shift where he made two terrible mistakes. I like his linemates too. Kronwall played well, but he needs to STOP SCREENING FRIGGING HOWARD!

E wasn't bad for a change. Neither was Smith. A solid game, now let's beat some REAL opponents.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Did Glendening really play on a line with Datsyuk and Tatar? Do we have another Dan Cleary lovechild on our hands?

I suspect he's keeping Helm's spot on that line warm. Gotta have a bottom sixer who can't make a pass there no matter what, apparently.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hey Loojay. Thanks for playing again. Sounds like Prez wants in on the next game.

We scored several guys very similar tonight:

K 6 -2 vs 6 -3
E 3 -1 vs 3 -3
Q 2 -1 vs 2 -1 (identical :) )
DK 4 -3 vs 5 -4
Its the last 2 we have different BUT same in theory (Zidlicky good night, smith pluses match minuses)
Z 4 0 vs 7 -4
S 2 -1 vs 5 -5
I think Most of smiths game for me was simple and solid tonight. So that minimized his scoring with me. Ill average our scores for the SBDSS totals :)
Thanks again man.

I tried to do it for the third and lasted about five minutes. It is really difficult. I had a real hard time deciding what was an expected good play and what was an abnormally good, good play. I also had a problem figuring out what to do with turnovers in safe areas and some other relatively harmless "bad plays."

As a general matter, I thought we did a great job moving the puck up the ice in large chunks.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I tried to do it for the third and lasted about five minutes. It is really difficult. I had a real hard time deciding what was an expected good play and what was an abnormally good, good play. I also had a problem figuring out what to do with turnovers in safe areas and some other relatively harmless "bad plays."

As a general matter, I thought we did a great job moving the puck up the ice in large chunks.

I think you just pick your own standard and go with it. You might be surprised how similar ours would be.

But for the most part, if one of our defensemen causes a turnover, even a harmless one, i usually ding them with a minus.
Also if they get to the puck in our zone first (by a good amount of time that I think they should have made a play) and then get forechecked off the puck, I give em a minus. Same with Bad penalties etc etc.

As for good play vs "really" good play. Totally subjective as well.

I marked alot of those "short" passes today. I.E. D men under pressure that get the puck to the center who is back by our own face off dot. Technically it is our style, but I am always impressed when its 2-1 or 1-1 high pressure for the D man, and he gets it out relatively easily.
Also really solid passes out of the D zone to a forward i mark. Especially a few of our long bombs today.
Ex. Ericsson's Bank pass off the boards to Tatar for almost a break away.

But who knows man. I invented it as an "eye" test.
Basically i dont award marks for what I think is a routine play. But if you do a score one day or even just one period, we can discuss and see how similar we get :) (plus if 1 or 2 more people do this, you will just be 1/3rd or 1/4 of the score, so it all evens out)

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
If I was able to forget the first 15 min I'd say this was a very good game.

I wanted to pick dats, Sheahan, and pookie. But I accidentally picked tats. In hindsight he had a real good game too, and that turnover he created prior to pookies goal was great. I also thought that howie had a nice bounce back game.

Now, I will almost never say this, but Big E should have ended klinkhammer after that crap on Z. That was a cheap ass play that should never be allowed to go unpunished. Unfortunately it will be used in montages to show how hard hitting hockey is.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Anyone else really liking Cole's Game? He is pretty quick out there. And he is throwing his weight around like Abby.
He also has been hitting several passes, driving the net, and generally providing everything I can ask for considering we got him as a "old" rental player.

Really like his addition to the team.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Its nice having a dangerous 3rd line.

We have enough forward depth to have a good third line without putting stone hands types on the top line.

Anyone else really liking Cole's Game? He is pretty quick out there. And he is throwing his weight around like Abby.
He also has been hitting several passes, driving the net, and generally providing everything I can ask for considering we got him as a "old" rental player.

Really like his addition to the team.

Yep, he's been strong in his first few games. Thumbs up so far.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I am a Glendening fan... I think Glendening has looked serviceable on the top line. He's not turning it over. He's good on the boards. He can make good passes to open guys. And most importantly, he occupies a defender in the crease as often as he can. I don't think he's lost on that line. Better than Jurco, but that's not saying much at this point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Please hurry back Helm. I can't even pretend like thinking Luke Glendening playing with Pavel Datsyuk is acceptable.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Question is though, is Glenny the only player that can play on Datsyuks line if Helm is injured?

I would do

Abby-Z-Nyquist
Tatar-Dats-Cole
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulks
Miller-Glenny-Joker

But, whatever.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Unlike the Preds...the Wings don't go into a prolonged slump when they finally lost back-to-back games in regulation. Sure looked like they were on their way to a slump after that first period.

They have great leadership on the team but they'll go far if they get contributions from every line. It's no different than any of their other title runs or long runs in the playoffs. Scoring depth is so important...especially when the playing field is about as level as its ever been. You can't rely on a single line or a single player.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I would do

Abby-Z-Nyquist
Tatar-Dats-Cole
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulks
Miller-Glenny-Joker

But, whatever.

I thought they'd slot Cole with Datsyuk when he joined the team...especially with Helm out. Abby does well riding shotgun on with Hank and then put a shooter with them...I'm fine with Gus in that role. I think Datsyuk and Tatar are working well together...no sense in splitting them up.

I'm annoyed by the play of Jurco but he can at least lean on his inexperience. Weiss seems healthy and has plenty of experience but he's just not an effective player. He probably needs to be play bigger minutes and be more involved offensively but there isn't a spot for him to do that and he can't carry a line on his own. I certainly have way more trust in Sheahan as a 3rd line center than I do with Weiss.

Glendenning should stay on the 4th line...that's what he's good at. Don't 'Kris Draper' him when he played some with Fedorov for a period of time...that never sat well with me. He's a quality checking line player for this team. You added Cole for a reason and Helm will be back eventually.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Unlike the Preds...the Wings don't go into a prolonged slump when they finally lost back-to-back games in regulation. Sure looked like they were on their way to a slump after that first period.

They have great leadership on the team but they'll go far if they get contributions from every line. It's no different than any of their other title runs or long runs in the playoffs. Scoring depth is so important...especially when the playing field is about as level as its ever been. You can't rely on a single line or a single player.
Well to end a losing-streak it helps that you play the worst team in the league...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Well to end a losing-streak it helps that you play the worst team in the league...

But those pesky Oilers... :laugh:

In fairness to the Preds...most of that losing streak came against playoff or playoff-hopeful teams. Their worst loss was probably against New Jersey.

But like the Wings, the Preds got back on the winning track by beating a tanking team...err...league doormat. The Coyotes aren't going to keep many losing streaks going down the stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad