GDT: Anaheim @ San Jose, 7pm Pacific

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Now that I can actually see the video along with the radio call, I have no idea how people can listen to this and stay sane. On every… single… shot… Steve Carroll: “and OHHHHHHH!!!!!!” something something….

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
is etem that bad?

i guess it shouldn't be all that surprising considering they put him into the announcer's booth with zero background or experience

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
is etem that bad?

i guess it shouldn't be all that surprising considering they put him into the announcer's booth with zero background or experience
He’s horrible. I don’t hate him at all, actually really liked him as a player, but he’s awful at this. Sounds like he’s playing a part. I can’t recall his actual voice, but he sounds like he should be calling Yankees games in the 1920’s

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
is etem that bad?

I don't think more experience will help his penchant for dogshit takes. Mac line arguably the worst of the four tonight? Etem thinks they're the best line. Mac passes up a glorious point blank chance to try a stupid spin backhand pass that immediately leads to a powerplay turnover Etem thinks it's the "right idea" that just happened to lack execution.

I mean the second one is baffling coming from a former goal scorer. It's exactly the worst and most incorrect idea possible in that situation shy of trying to pick the puck up and throw it at the other end of the ice. Hazy and Ahlers may not be premier broadcasters but at least they have the sense to call a bad play what it is. Etem seems to have this impulsive need to make everything he sees on the ice positive and outstanding, on top of objectively bad analysis. It's hard to listen to.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
is etem that bad?

He's a bad for a game broadcast and when he's trying so hard to be the hype man. He's best when he's interviewing a player on his podcast.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I don't think more experience will help his penchant for dogshit takes. Mac line arguably the worst of the four tonight? Etem thinks they're the best line. Mac passes up a glorious point blank chance to try a stupid spin backhand pass that immediately leads to a powerplay turnover Etem thinks it's the "right idea" that just happened to lack execution.

I mean the second one is baffling coming from a former goal scorer. It's exactly the worst and most incorrect idea possible in that situation shy of trying to pick the puck up and throw it at the other end of the ice. Hazy and Ahlers may not be premier broadcasters but at least they have the sense to call a bad play what it is. Etem seems to have this impulsive need to make everything he sees on the ice positive and outstanding, on top of objectively bad analysis. It's hard to listen to.
This.. Etem is lost.. Hes trying to hard.. Sometimes as a broadcaster.. You gotta be honest dude.

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
I like Etem as a person too but I can't listen. Takes too long to say nothing at all and seems to have nothing actually insightful to say. But the worst is that he tries too hard. At least just be yourself, man.

Reactions: CrazyDuck4u

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad