GDT: Anaheim @ San Jose, 7pm Pacific

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Would've liked to have seen Sennecke again.

Why can't the lines just be

Cutter-Leo-Killer
Fabbri-Mac-Terry
Frankie-Z-Strome?

I think Zellweger at least deserves another shot to earn the spot.

Would prefer Colangelo over McGinn but whatever. He can marinate in the AHL I guess.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Would've liked to have seen Sennecke again.

Why can't the lines just be

Cutter-Leo-Killer
Fabbri-Mac-Terry
Frankie-Z-Strome?

I think Zellweger at least deserves another shot to earn the spot.

Would prefer Colangelo over McGinn but whatever. He can marinate in the AHL I guess.
They seem committed to Zegras being in the top 6, I think.

My guess is that Fabbri will only be here for so long. Once he goes, Killorn slides to the left and that's when Colangelo will get a shot in the top 9. I'm not sure Colangelo on the 4th line is the best place for him.

Reactions: 70sSanO

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They seem committed to Zegras being in the top 6, I think.

My guess is that Fabbri will only be here for so long. Once he goes, Killorn slides to the left and that's when Colangelo will get a shot in the top 9. I'm not sure Colangelo on the 4th line is the best place for him.
Fair. I just hate the idea of Stroke at center. My proposal at least gives Z a good player to play with and one passable one on his right wing.

I also thought if we wanted to maximize that Carlsson line, Vatrano seems like a good fit and would be a good place for our 30 goal scorer to be, but I do understand the need for Killorn's veteran presence up there with the duo.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think its important to remember that a lot of guys are still a work in progress. Much like the roster construction.

Some guys have their forever position (Carlsson, McT, Terry, Killer), and others are having to focus on aspects of their game or get their feet under them a bit (Z, Cutter).

Other guys I imagine are still up so that the coaching staff has time to work with them and give them routines and goals to work on, like Sennecke.

Im expecting a decent amount of guys moving around on the roster again this season.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ugh, is Zellweger really going to get sent back down? He has nothing to learn in San Diego - he already dominated there.

I said I'd be shocked if that happened, but I suppose I shouldn't be. Verbeek's infatuation with size is infamous.
The Gulls season ticket holders I know said that he was still pretty iffy on playing defense there. He’s offensively gifted, but he was out of position the way Drysdale was out of position in the preseason games this year. He absolutely still needs to improve at the defensive thing.

Reactions: McDonald19

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, Zellweger turned 21 less than a month ago. Learning the 200 foot game in the AHL shouldn't be considered a bad thing. Same with Luneau if they feel he isn't absolutely ready now.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I think we were all just hoping to see him in one more preseason game.
That’s fair, I respect that. More so aimed at those who think he should be on the team this year. Even outside of putting strength on he’s not ready. If we’re being honest he shouldn’t be in the NHL next year either. Rushing prospects is the worse thing you can do.

That’s fair, I respect that. More so aimed at those who think he should be on the team this year. Even outside of putting strength on he’s not ready. If we’re being honest he shouldn’t be in the NHL next year either. Rushing prospects is the worse thing you can do.
For example, Chicago rushed Kevin Korchinski last year because their D was so bad, and now he’s been assigned to the AHL. Good chance he’ll always be a tweener for rushing his development.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I think Zell needed to show more offensive upside to overcome his defensive liability at this point in time.

I felt he had a tough time against the Kings even in the O zone.

With Minty and Solberg, it is tough to see where Zellweger fits long term. I don’t see hm as a 3rd pair.

John

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like the offensive lines a lot.... essentially perfect with what we have.

I think Zegras w/ McTavish + Fabbri is good, i also think terry having his own line w/ strome and vatrano is the right move.

Defensively, i dont love Luneau w/ Fowler.... Dumo + Mintyukov should be good and lacombe + gudas should be good.

I think Zell needed to show more offensive upside to overcome his defensive liability at this point in time.

I felt he had a tough time against the Kings even in the O zone.

With Minty and Solberg, it is tough to see where Zellweger fits long term. I don’t see hm as a 3rd pair.

John
Idk something like
Mintyukov Luneau
Lacombe Gudas
Solberg Zellweger

Dont really have to lable them 3rd pairing.... having 2 strong 2nd pairs is a good thing.... i dont think trading zellweger is even a thought for the team right now.....hes eventually going to replace fowler.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

For example, Chicago rushed Kevin Korchinski last year because their D was so bad, and now he’s been assigned to the AHL. Good chance he’ll always be a tweener for rushing his development.
I have not seen one person here who think Sennecke should stay with the team for the whole season. At most I've seen people talk about maybe getting him a 9-game tryout, but even that's pretty rare. It would have been cool to see him one more time in the preseason, but he's not ready for the NHL full-time.

Reactions: Kalv

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The problem with Sennecke is that he's several weeks behind everyone else. He'd be playing NHL games while trying to get into shape. No bueno. Back to junior he should go this weekend.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
The problem with Sennecke is that he's several weeks behind everyone else. He'd be playing NHL games while trying to get into shape. No bueno. Back to junior he should go this weekend.
The fact he’s still with the team but not even playing tonight makes no sense to me. Unless they just want to get him a few more days with the team at practice and around the strength and conditioning staff.

The fact he’s still with the team but not even playing tonight makes no sense to me. Unless they just want to get him a few more days with the team at practice and around the strength and conditioning staff.
As I say this, he’s been sent back. Smart move by Verbeen and Cronin, and both Sennecke and the ducks will be better off for it long term.

Reactions: lwvs84 and tomd

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

As I say this, he’s been sent back. Smart move by Verbeen and Cronin, and both Sennecke and the ducks will be better off for it long term.

I was just going to say hes going to get sent back soon. I thought they would keep him a little longer but he got in a game, didnt look out of place but physically isnt there.

Im betting he got sent back with a new diet and lifting plan, and some stuff to focus on in his game. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes teh team next year as long as he adds some size/strength.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Stromer is very underrated. 40+ points the past 5 seasons, can play multiple positions, isnt affraid to drop em, plays tough. He was 5th in points on the team last season.

I dont see how he doesnt fit on this team.
He's a possession liability more shifts than not. That's the problem. No matter what proposed line he's on, at least as I see it, every single one is made awkward by his name being part of a trio. He doesn't really have natural chemistry with anyone and outside a smattering of solid games, most of his points come incidentally as being part of the play.

This would be a bigger problem if we actually expected this team to be a threat to make playoff noise but right now the goal is just getting there or at least getting close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad