GDT: Anaheim @ San Jose, 7pm Pacific

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
So this is the Ducks last game until their season opener in eight days, that is the front end of back-to-back road games? Thanks as usual NHL schedulers for crappy scheduling.

Reactions: McDonald19

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I would love to see

Gauthier / Carlsson / Killorn
Zegras / McTavish / Sennecke

if Terry is still out.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I would love to see

Gauthier / Carlsson / Killorn
Zegras / McTavish / Sennecke

if Terry is still out.

I'd like to see Colangelo in that RW2 slot. Sennecke will most likely be returned to junior, especially since he need to put on more mass. With Colangelo, we know he'll be available to the Ducks if they need a top-6 RW this season.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
So this is the Ducks last game until their season opener in eight days, that is the front end of back-to-back road games? Thanks as usual NHL schedulers for crappy scheduling.
They really have stuck it to the team and the fans. This is the second year in a row that every other team will have played its first game before the Ducks. That's garbage.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Zell is tiny. It is what it is. Can’t say I disagree ( and I’m saying that as someone who’s been hyper critical of lacombe )
He wasn’t impactful in the games he’s gotten, he essentially has to be scoring and driving offense much more than other guys. He’s still very young so I think he can improve defensively

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, I think Zell is the odd man out until someone inevitably gets injured.

Luneau came into camp looking like a grown man, and we all know Verbeek is a size queen.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Ugh, is Zellweger really going to get sent back down? He has nothing to learn in San Diego - he already dominated there.

I said I'd be shocked if that happened, but I suppose I shouldn't be. Verbeek's infatuation with size is infamous.

Reactions: DavidBL and Kalv

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
He wasn’t impactful in the games he’s gotten, he essentially has to be scoring and driving offense much more than other guys. He’s still very young so I think he can improve defensively
I agree. I only saw him live in one game, but Zel does not look ready for the NHL. He got pushed around way too much. I don't think it's fair to just label this a PV size thing. Against the Kings he didn't look good.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Wouldn’t surprise me if Zell was traded. PV wants his boys big.

I hope not but wouldn’t surprise me.
Uh, it’s pretty obvious that Zellweger is Fowler’s replacement in a couple months.

The ducks have a good problem right now. Finally

In 3 months the defense will be:

LaCombe-Gudas
Mintyukov-Luneau
Dumolin-Zellweger
Vaakanainen

Or some combination of such

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I agree. I only saw him live in one game, but Zel does not look ready for the NHL. He got pushed around way too much. I don't think it's fair to just label this a PV size thing. Against the Kings he didn't look good.
Agreed. I think Verbeek is/was a lot higher on Zell than Drysdale (I think it’s important to note that Verbeek likely scouted Drysdale heavily leading up to the 2020 draft since Detroit was right in that range which is why I don’t buy claims that he had no assessment yet of that aspect of his game leading up to the trade.) despite Zell being even smaller. He really values his smarts for the game which are undeniable. Pat values size for sure but also smarts, you just can’t be small and have mediocre or questionable hockey sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad