GDT: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche 10/18/24 7:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
That was the best 3rd line in Avs history, wasn't that 4th line some combination of Reinprecht/Hinote/Reid/Dingman?

Rhino, Hinote and Dingman were all after that trio played together. Reid came in for one season while that trio was there and Podein moved up to the 3rd line.

Messier-Yelle-Podein were the 4th line for two years and played probably 60-70% of the penalty killing.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I'm probably one of his biggest haters on this board, but I'll give props when it's due. Colton had a heck of a game tonight.
He's been excellent at finding space in the slot over the past few games, and, even more impressively, actually finishing those chances. Would be huge for our power play to have a fourth area that's a genuine threat beside the cross ice MacK one timer, the cross ice Mikko one timer, and Makar up top

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Get a 3C at trade deadline and let Colton do his thing on the wing.
That wouldn’t be a bad idea but if we finally get everyone back including Landy, we gonna have a 3rd line which will have either Landy or Lehky on it on the wing. Probably no room for Colton on the wing. He has to play center

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
My reputation should have you thinking everything is always 100% correct and factual.

i dont believe you.gif

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Puked in my mouth seeing we drafted Ranta and Annunen over Dostal in the third round of 2018.

Even if the drafting after the top picks has improved (I’m not certain it has), we consistently are the bottom half of the league in drafting.
If they drafted Dostal he would be killing it...in Loveland.

Reactions: chet1926

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So 3C and 4C are a need then.

Yup.

1. Goalie

2. 3C
3. Physical #5D
4. 4C.

All of which are important. If we are very healthy and suspension free late in the season, run Colton as 3C as wings are so occupied and bring a top tier 4C.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea but if we finally get everyone back including Landy, we gonna have a 3rd line which will have either Landy or Lehky on it on the wing. Probably no room for Colton on the wing. He has to play center

This. If we are healthy (which we won't ever be).

Reactions: the_fan

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Our guys played a heck of a game yesterday. Dostal was the reason why the game was so close.

I enjoyed what the guys did yesterday. Hope we see more of that.
They did. It was a perfect effort. Except for the goalie that let in 3 so so to bad goals. Should have been a 6-0 laugher their goalie played well so maybe 3-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad