Proposal: ANA x NYI x VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
To Anaheim:
VGK 1st (whichever they have after this season), Samuel Bolduc, CHI 5th

To Vegas:
Semyon Varlamov
Zdeno Chara

To NYI:
Hampus Lindholm (extended)
Laurent Broissoit

Who says no? And if they do... how far off? Cap all works here... until the offseason at least.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
What’s Lindholms extention details? Also, Chara would probably say no.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Vegas says no. Not giving up a 1st for a goalie they're just going to have to turn around and dump for less in the offseason.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

Reports are that the sticking point between him and Anaheim isn't the AAV, it's the length. We all know Lou is fine to hand out those long term contracts - something like 6.5 x 7 sound about right?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
So, essentially, Islanders trade Bolduc for what they hope he'll become someday. Varlamov alone would return at least a 2nd, possibly a 1st, so they're essentially adding that to the deal.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
So, essentially, Islanders trade Bolduc for what they hope he'll become someday. Nice deal for them.
Big difference between hope and having him in his prime while the Isles' core is intact. The LD free agency market is unfortunately pretty light again this season so I can see Lou trying to get out in front of it

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Chara would say no,
and no sign-then-trade gonna happen in-season or at TDL weekend
(but of course Lou could follow the Pageau script again)

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
So, essentially, Islanders trade Bolduc for what they hope he'll become someday. Varlamov alone would return at least a 2nd, possibly a 1st, so they're essentially adding that to the deal.
I mean Varlamov has first round pick value in this market.

He's not a throw in lol

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Chara would say no,
and no sign-then-trade gonna happen in-season or at TDL weekend
(but of course Lou could follow the Pageau script again)

Chara does not have any type of trade protection, and it's possible he might want to contend for a cup this year. He's also probably the least valuable piece in this deal, just threw him in because I'm not really sure what's going on with McNabb. As far as no sign and trade... why not?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Reports are that the sticking point between him and Anaheim isn't the AAV, it's the length. We all know Lou is fine to hand out those long term contracts - something like 6.5 x 7 sound about right?
Rather use that $6.5m on a forward and a lesser replacement then overpower the back end and still have the same scoring issues. Lou would probably also rather move the cap hit out and not bring back a guy who forces them to play Sorokin 65-70 games a season.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don’t think that’s enough in return for ANA. Bolduc is a really good prospect but I feel ANA should be getting a bit more

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not so sure Chara would object to going to Vegas for 2-3 months for a shot at the Cup.
Chara stated he doesn’t want to leave the east coast. Vegas however isn’t a team I would say gives him a true shot at the cup this season. Colorado is probably his best shot when it comes to the west and that blueline is beyond stacked.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Don’t think that’s enough in return for ANA. Bolduc is a really good prospect but I feel ANA should be getting a bit more

We can throw an extra fourth or something - that would basically bring it to 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th which seems pretty realistic for a very good player who you know isn't going to re-sign

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Sign-then-trade, or trade-then-sign, is common at TDL.
oh, didn't know,
I just can't recall any in NHL
please could you callout some examples of genuine NHL sign-then-trade (signed by previous team just before traded)
much appreciated

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Chara stated he doesn’t want to leave the east coast. Vegas however isn’t a team I would say gives him a true shot at the cup this season. Colorado is probably his best shot when it comes to the west and that blueline is beyond stacked.

I think Vegas has just been banged up, but they're the type of team that I feel like can do anything as long as they're in. Either way, Chara isn't really a huge part of this deal

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Not so sure Chara would object to going to Vegas for 2-3 months for a shot at the Cup.
Unfortunately. It’s for a shot at the playoffs right now. Vegas looks like a mess compared to what they should be

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I think Vegas has just been banged up, but they're the type of team that I feel like can do anything as long as they're in. Either way, Chara isn't really a huge part of this deal

If healthy they could definitely do damage, but the way things look right now they aren't going to have the horses to even get in. For tomorrow's game with Eichel out there is going to be over 40m in cap out of the lineup as opposed to 51m in.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
oh, didn't know,
I just can't recall any in NHL
please could you callout some examples of genuine NHL sign-then-trade (signed by previous team just before traded)
much appreciated
It doesn't work that way. They are traded with an agreement in principal from the new team, which is signed soon after.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Unfortunately. It’s for a shot at the playoffs right now. Vegas looks like a mess compared to what they should be
A good goalie goes a long way toward cleaning up that mess. Vegas is done if they don't acquire one.

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
A good goalie goes a long way toward cleaning up that mess. Vegas is done if they don't acquire one.

No it doesn't. Lehner is a good goalie. Before he got hurt the issues were still the same. Vegas is done if they don't get healthy. Simple as that. They could get Shesterkin for a 7th right now and it wouldn't matter.

Reactions: pbgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad