GDT: ANA vs VAN | Oct 23rd, 2016 5:00 PM PT | Game #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Does bieksa ever get his shot through without getting blocked? embarassing.

When he's shooting from the boards, maybe.

Of course, when he misses the net it ends up clearing the zone.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Only 6 games but Fowler looks like a different player under Randy. Also only 6 games but our advanced stats are through the roof. Early days but maybe he can adapt his system and isn't a complete dinosaur? He still shouldn't be playing Boll though.

I think Cam's biggest improvement this year is what looks like an aggressiveness on offense. Much less timid than in previous years. And I would credit that directly to Cam rather than RC. Cam said he worked hard in the off season on his offense, and I think it shows. He may not have a Weber slap shot, but he's getting it off and through to the net more often. He's not afraid to shoot from in close. In past years he couldn't wait to give up the puck to anybody else. Now he wants it and is creating good opportunities with it. It has only been a small sample size, but if this holds up and is real, I think Cam deserves all the credit.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I think Cam's biggest improvement this year is what looks like an aggressiveness on offense. Much less timid than in previous years. And I would credit that directly to Cam rather than RC. Cam said he worked hard in the off season on his offense, and I think it shows. He may not have a Weber slap shot, but he's getting it off and through to the net more often. He's not afraid to shoot from in close. In past years he couldn't wait to give up the puck to anybody else. Now he wants it and is creating good opportunities with it. It has only been a small sample size, but if this holds up and is real, I think Cam deserves all the credit.

Yeah, credit to Fowler. He's been superb.

Well, now I'm just conflicted.

I think I was way off, Bieksa did score a handful last year. It was Stoner who got 1 goal.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, credit to Fowler. He's been superb.

I think I was way off, Bieksa did score a handful last year. It was Stoner who got 1 goal.

So every time Stoner scores, he celebrates by shooting a bear.

I'm less conflicted now.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm setting up a gofundme to get Bieksa a Halloween costume. It has no bearing on the current conversation.

e2e20e02-945f-4b2d-b8ed-66532971e325_1.c825c85675ad05fc1a646df1713f187a.jpeg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So easy to hate and laugh at the Canucks when you spend even 5 minutes on their board. First few pages of their GDT are just trashing us.

Honestly, after the game went and read what they had to say before the game... damn

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I wonder if Stoner and Bryzgalov would find some surprising chemistry. Bryz wouldn't have to be so afraid all the time with a stone cold bear-hunter defending him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wonder if Stoner and Bryzgalov would find some surprising chemistry. Bryz wouldn't have to be so afraid all the time with a stone cold bear-hunter defending him.

They`d be conflicted

or Bryz would finally feel really comfortable playing behind Clayton

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Only 6 games but Fowler looks like a different player under Randy. Also only 6 games but our advanced stats are through the roof. Early days but maybe he can adapt his system and isn't a complete dinosaur? He still shouldn't be playing Boll though.
Let's not get carried away. We beat an average team and dominated terrible team on a 2nd half of back-2-backs. A lot of shots against Stars and Pens were crap.

Our adv. stats were through the roof last season as well (this is solely based on memory) and it was clear we're not going to make much noise in PO.

Oct 18, 2011
gibson has been good since the dallas game, 9 goals against in 4 outings since then. last 3 games he's given up 2 each game. i would put that as the magic number for this team...i think we'll struggle to win any time the other team scores 3, but anything under they have a good chance of winning. I know you can say that for most teams but my point is the ducks are not going to win very many high scoring games, so they really have to buy into Randy's system

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Let's not get carried away. We beat an average team and dominated terrible team on a 2nd half of back-2-backs. A lot of shots against Stars and Pens were crap.

Our adv. stats were through the roof last season as well (this is solely based on memory) and it was clear we're not going to make much noise in PO.

I'm not getting carried away hence why I said it's only been 6 games. That was more a shot at the crowd who boldly claimed we would get handedly out shot every night with Carlyle behind the bench.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I'm not getting carried away hence why I said it's only been 6 games. That was more a shot at the crowd who boldly claimed we would get handedly out shot every night with Carlyle behind the bench.
I know, my comment was more of an extension of yours, not a direct reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA