Value of: Ana Trade all UFA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
man that was 6 years ago, hardly relevant anymore lol

Perhaps, but you can't say with certainty that it's not. Sure, that interview was almost 5 1/2 years ago, but that interview pertained to the negotiations for his current contract. So, it's at least relevant in that regard. The question then is if he feels he was cheated by Murray and holds any resentment as a result.

Doesn't really matter though, because all I said was that I don't think he was happy about the last negotiations and that if he's not signed by the deadline, they should trade him away. Risking losing him for nothing would be foolish.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Ducks need to trade all UFA what can we get for our players?
Rakell, Deslauriers, Manson all gone at the deadline.
Re-sign Lindholm and Getzlaf and the RFAs
Load up on draft capital and prospects for future trades.
Rakell has seen his value decline. He’s a 0.48 PPG player on an expiring deal. Ducks should have traded him over the past two seasons when he carried more value. Now? Maybe he gets a 2nd from a playoff team (something like the 55-60th OA pick type value.

Reactions: MisterT

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Rakell prob a good option, can play both sides and can slide around the line up

It would be nice if his playoff resume looked a little stronger but I am guessing the greater question is how well he would fit into the group. The Capitals are probably the tightest team in the league. The core has been together longer than any other in the league.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wait to near the deadline and go from there
Ducks are currently 3rd in the Pacific, but have the 7th most points in the Western Conf. But, they've also played the most games at 41. Teams chasing them have upwards of 7 games in hand.

So, it's important for the Ducks to have internal discussions of what their priorities are. Do they eye playoffs or do they value asset management.

Playoffs do matter since they are in a big market and are competing with the Rams, Chargers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Galaxy, LAFC, and USC Football, UCLA sports for coverage and attention.

I would say that Manson and Rackell probably won't be re-signed, so they should be moved.

Lindholm is the big fish. They have Fowler under contract for another 5 seasons, so he eats up 1 of the top LHD spots moving forward. After a few seasons, it seems clear that none of Mahura, Larsson, Guhle are not going to be a top 4 LHD for the Ducks in the near future. So, if they moved off Lindholm, they'd have to find a replacement for his minutes. So, it's a matter of whether the numbers and term make sense to both sides. I think Lindholm wants to stay. So, I do expect them to get a deal done around the $6.75 - $7 mill per season range for the max term of 8 years.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Ducks are currently 3rd in the Pacific, but have the 7th most points in the Western Conf. But, they've also played the most games at 41. Teams chasing them have upwards of 7 games in hand.

So, it's important for the Ducks to have internal discussions of what their priorities are. Do they eye playoffs or do they value asset management.

Playoffs do matter since they are in a big market and are competing with the Rams, Chargers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Galaxy, LAFC, and USC Football, UCLA sports for coverage and attention.

I would say that Manson and Rackell probably won't be re-signed, so they should be moved.

Lindholm is the big fish. They have Fowler under contract for another 5 seasons, so he eats up 1 of the top LHD spots moving forward. After a few seasons, it seems clear that none of Mahura, Larsson, Guhle are not going to be a top 4 LHD for the Ducks in the near future. So, if they moved off Lindholm, they'd have to find a replacement for his minutes. So, it's a matter of whether the numbers and term make sense to both sides. I think Lindholm wants to stay. So, I do expect them to get a deal done around the $6.75 - $7 mill per season range for the max term of 8 years.
I understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad