Proposal: ANA - TOR

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Manson I understand, but why is Ritchie untradable?

Not trying to troll, but genuinely asking. Especially with the Contract situation as well.

He's not. Dirk values physical play over all over considerations, and Ritchie is a guy who likes to throw his body around.

In no way is Ritchie an unavailable asset. It just needs to be a deal that makes sense for Anaheim.

Reactions: OVO16

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
As I've said in other threads re:Ritchie. There is no way Anaheim is trading him before seeing him on the ice this season - he changed his off-season up and has spent all off-season working out with Roberts so Anaheim would be incredibly dumb to trade him away before seeing how his new off-season plan translates to the ice and if it has results.

Ritchie doesn't have all that much value anyway, so if he doesn't end up breaking out this season then Anaheim isn't really losing out on much value anyway.

Also this. Very much this.

After all the work he was reported to put in during the off-season, I really want to see how it pays off. One of the biggest knocks on Ritchie was exactly that issue. I'm not against moving him by any stretch of the imagination, but I really want to see if that work he put in can help elevate his play. He's not a bad player, but there is the ability for more there.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd do it, if only for the fact Ritchie provides an element we sorely lack in our lineup. Without being a plug in terms of his hockey acumen (as players we had in the past). I don't know if we can fit him with our cap past his RFA years, but it's still fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad