PTO: [ANA] Stu Bickel tryout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
9ajA7.jpg

I'd be sad to if Dan Giradi was getting ice time in a third over time before me.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Hey, as Mike Yeo always used to say when Stu was with the Wild, he's a versatile player that plays forward and D. Granted most fans took that to mean he's as bad at forward as he is at D.

But maybe he's turned a corner, and finally found his scoring touch. He is leading Da Beauty League in scoring...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hey, as Mike Yeo always used to say when Stu was with the Wild, he's a versatile player that plays forward and D. Granted most fans took that to mean he's as bad at forward as he is at D.

But maybe he's turned a corner, and finally found his scoring touch. He is leading Da Beauty League in scoring...

lol never heard of that league that's hilarious! Looks like a few big time guys play in it -- Goligoski, Condra, Jensen, Skjei.

So funny!

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Offering a PTO is the GM equivalent of saying 'Hold my beer and watch this'.

If it works out you can tell all your GM friends how smart you are and if it doesn't you just basically walk around pretending it didn't happen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
For an honest minute there, I genuinely was confusing Stu Bickel with Stu Grimson.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ànaheim can hardly even ice a full NHL-team, so I guess they're desperate.

:cry:

These posts are getting old. Our roster is so much better than you keep making it out to be and the off season still isn't over. Not to mention that this is a PTO, dozens of which will be signed around the league by good teams, bad teams, poor teams and rich teams. Needing a warm body for camp and throwing a bone to one of your AHL vets has absolutely zero to do with the team's financial situation, quit looking for excuses to whine about the Ducks.

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
Another point is every team has to have a certain number of vets in each exhibition game.
Every year teams sign older players to PTO's to fulfil that requirement.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Offering a PTO is the GM equivalent of saying 'Hold my beer and watch this'.

If it works out you can tell all your GM friends how smart you are and if it doesn't you just basically walk around pretending it didn't happen.

Actually, that's what your GM says just before he trades Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
Every team needs depth, and every camp needs warm bodies. There's really nothing about this to question.

I understand that for sure. I was just pointing out that ANA already has a bunch of guys just like Stu or better. It's smarter to attempt to find a diamond in the rough or a vet that you think might still have a rebound year left. With Stu you know he's worthless. I'm not trying to make this a big deal, it's just a PTO. Lots of good players over the years have found a career off a PTO. That was all I was saying. I'm a big fan of undrafted/Euro/College PTO than someone you know can't play well in the NHL.

Ducksgo*

He was brought on to push Guenin in camp.

Or it's Murray doing his old ways once again........ Trying to do bargain shopping after a few Jack and cokes. This has to be the worst off season I have seen under Murray in his entire tenure here.

Just absolutely depresses me and my friends with the crap signings he's done this off season. When he knows we need to fill that LW wing position with a real player.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
These posts are getting old. Our roster is so much better than you keep making it out to be and the off season still isn't over. Not to mention that this is a PTO, dozens of which will be signed around the league by good teams, bad teams, poor teams and rich teams. Needing a warm body for camp and throwing a bone to one of your AHL vets has absolutely zero to do with the team's financial situation, quit looking for excuses to whine about the Ducks.

Is Anaheim's current roster with signed players, "so much better" than I make it out to be? I say it's probably not a playoff team right now. Sure, signings and trades will likely happen, but right now, am I really overreacting?

Garbutt(?)-Getzlaf-Perry

Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg

So far, so good.

Ritchie-Wagner-Raymond

Noesen-Sgarbossa(?)-Boll/Bickel

Fowler-Despres

Vatanen-Bieksa

Theodore-Manson

Gibson
Bernier

Thompson injured and out for at least 3-4 months from what I've heard.
Rakell: not signed
Lindholm: not signed

Is the above a playoff team?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Is Anaheim's current roster with signed players, "so much better" than I make it out to be? I say it's probably not a playoff team right now. Sure, signings and trades will likely happen, but right now, am I really overreacting?

Garbutt(?)-Getzlaf-Perry

Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg

So far, so good.

Ritchie-Wagner-Raymond

Noesen-Sgarbossa(?)-Boll/Bickel

Fowler-Despres

Vatanen-Bieksa

Theodore-Manson

Gibson
Bernier

Thompson injured and out for at least 3-4 months from what I've heard.
Rakell: not signed
Lindholm: not signed

Is the above a playoff team?

Posting our roster without including the RFA's is just dumb, they're obviously going to be on the team. What we have is the entire core returning from the team that won the Pacific division, with the exception of one guy (Andersen).

We have arguably the best group of U25 dmen in the league. We have a legit #1 center, and a Selke caliber #2C. That alone makes this team very competitive at worst, and there's obviously still moves to be made. None of this has anything to do with Bickel getting a tryout, which was the main point of my post. Giving an AHL vet a camp invite is no reason to whine about anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad