GDT: ANA @ STL • 4 PM PT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
What a pass by Comtois! And there's the good old Silf top-shelf snipe that he hasn't really used anymore in shootouts.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
maxresdefault.jpg

Here for the goals!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lundestrom seems to be around the Puck alot?
I was thinking the same thing. I can't stop being excited about him. Even though he's not on the scoresheet a lot yet, he's always involved in the play and executing very well for a guy his age. He and Comtois are the most noteworthy of the kids right now IMO.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lundestrom seems to be around the Puck alot?
He is so underrated coming out of that draft class... people act like he has no offensive ability or creativity... and every time I see him hes doing creative things/showing offensive skill.

I am constantly reminded of the Rakell pick, who often got seen as a good 2way guy with limited offensive upside.

Oct 18, 2011
He is so underrated coming out of that draft class... people act like he has no offensive ability or creativity... and every time I see him hes doing creative things/showing offensive skill.

I am constantly reminded of the Rakell pick, who often got seen as a good 2way guy with limited offensive upside.
Lundy is your prototypical Swedish center. His play away from the puck is going to create offense

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If it was me Comtois Lundestrom and Sheerwood would stay up with the team. Lundestrom seems like a guy that can play with any line/any style of play... comtois isn't going to get much out of going to juniors and Sheerwood is a great energy guy that can move up the line up when needed.

Steel/terry could def use some time in san diego tho.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
The difference with Comtois is that he has a surprising amount of hockey smarts. Guys like Etem and Holland had raw size and speed, but Comtois actually has the brains of the outfit. His offensive instincts are nothing short of amazing for his age.

Lundestrom has also been good in his "I don't do anything flashy" sort of way. He's not a dynamic forward at all (at least at this point in his development) but he never seems to make a mistake with the puck.

And Sherwood is like a discount Cogs. I'm loving him right now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If it was me Comtois Lundestrom and Sheerwood would stay up with the team. Lundestrom seems like a guy that can play with any line/any style of play... comtois isn't going to get much out of going to juniors and Sheerwood is a great energy guy that can move up the line up when needed.

Steel/terry could def use some time in san diego tho.
Terry especially. Steel is at least occasionally useful and creative, but Terry is just not handling the physicality and pace of the NHL yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The difference with Comtois is that he has a surprising amount of hockey smarts. Guys like Etem and Holland had raw size and speed, but Comtois actually has the brains of the outfit. His offensive instincts are nothing short of amazing for his age.

Lundestrom has also been good in his "I don't do anything flashy" sort of way. He's not a dynamic forward at all (at least at this point in his development) but he never seems to make a mistake with the puck.

And Sherwood is like a discount Cogs. I'm loving him right now.

Erm, I don't know about that. He's pulled off a few slick moves here and there.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad