Value of: Ana - Min

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
What would Minnesota want for Kevin Fiala?

Ana
K. Fiala

Min
R. Rakell
S. Steel

maybe or something like?

A rental (that they probably couldn't keep, given their impending cap pickle to finagle) and a youngster who isn't exactly trending up... where do they sign?

I'd guess at this point they keep Fiala for their playoff push, then possibly (probably?) sell him off in the summer

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
No. Minnesota has zero need for either player. Minnesota can get a 1st and prospect for fiala easily, or use him in a package for top 6c

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
No. Minnesota has zero need for either player. Minnesota can get a 1st and prospect for fiala easily, or use him in a package for top 6c
I'm not as sure GMs are as fond of Fiala as fans are. He is a hard guy to play with and struggles to find linemates and he is known to lose discipline for stretches. If MN could use him as the main piece in a trade for a 1C, I think they already would have done it.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Likely to go in the offseason for the best future based offer.

Not likely to go during the year unless he could be apart of a trade for an upgrade on the roster that has term and could be fit into the cap crunch coming. Or if the team nose dives which doesn’t seem obvious yet.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm not as sure GMs are as fond of Fiala as fans are. He is a hard guy to play with and struggles to find linemates and he is known to lose discipline for stretches. If MN could use him as the main piece in a trade for a 1C, I think they already would have done it.
Boldy seems to work just fine with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Perreault/Pastsjov +2nd has been agreed on n a previous thread.
Not by me. Fiala is worth significantly more, IMO. Whether he is to the Ducks is another thing...I don't think that now is the time for them to spend on a Fiala type player. They aren't even close to being a contender, and should be looking to the future.

OTOH, MN are contenders right now, especially if Boldy continues to be as good as he has shown (I think he is), goaltending stays solid, and they get their top 4 back healthy. This is not the time to trade away a dangerous and talented player for a couple of future maybes. Fiala has his faults, but he has been playing with untalented linemates. I want to see him play with Boldy.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
This really isn’t that bad of a proposal. If Rakell had another year on his contract, I’d probably do it. As it stands right now though, I’m hoping the Wild find a way to extend Fiala on a long-term deal. He just has more value to the team right now with that still being a possibility.

or, just a thought... but maybe i could be adding sarcasm on top of the sarcasm?

Sarcasm can be hard to detect with how insane some of the posters can be on the trade boards :laugh:

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Right now Anaheim's 1st is #17... seems a tad underwhelming to me, but I'm a big Fiala fan. Maybe #17 and a semi-interesting RH RW prospect?

Last edited:
Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
This really isn’t that bad of a proposal. If Rakell had another year on his contract, I’d probably do it. As it stands right now though, I’m hoping the Wild find a way to extend Fiala on a long-term deal. He just has more value to the team right now with that still being a possibility.

Sarcasm can be hard to detect with how insane some of the posters can be on the trade boards :laugh:
indeed i know, but the original post of zegras + was a great troll.

sure or maybe you realize how stupid the post was and you fall back on the "oh it was just sarcasm" defense lol
you can think that i suppose, ill allow you to go through my post history and read what i think fiala is worth. sure wont find me asking for zegras + 1st + anything else... 1st + prospect is the pretty standard ask from most wild fans for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Right now Anaheim's 1st is #17... seems a tad underwhelming to me, but I'm a big Fiala fan. Maybe #17 and a semi-interesting RH RW prospect?
Tracey/perreault /pastujov
2nd
Steel

I feel like if we went 1st it would look more like

1St(w/protection) or at draft and depends where 1st is
Colangelo/lacombe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad