Proposal: Ana-Min

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wouldn't surprise me to see Fiala traded in-season at this point, but if it happens Guerin's going to want to address issues with the current roster. That likely means a center coming back, which I don't think Anaheim has.

If they wait until the draft he probably gets traded for futures. Likely for something similar to what Buffalo got for Reinhart.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Wouldn't surprise me to see Fiala traded in-season at this point, but if it happens Guerin's going to want to address issues with the current roster. That likely means a center coming back, which I don't think Anaheim has.

If they wait until the draft he probably gets traded for futures. Likely for something similar to what Buffalo got for Reinhart.
Anaheim is set at center once Getzlaf departs after this season.

The Ducks have Zegras, Lundestrom, Steel, Groulx, Grant (4C) and next season Mason McTavish and Jacob Perreault should also be competing for a job down the middle in Anaheim.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

The Ducks have Zegras, Lundestrom, Steel, Groulx, Grant (4C) and next season Mason McTavish and Jacob Perreault should also be competing for a job down the middle in Anaheim.

And which one of those are they willing to part with that would be an acceptable return for Fiala?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

you can have Henrique :)

only center we prob could move is Sam steel

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And which one of those are they willing to part with that would be an acceptable return for Fiala?
Well zegras mctavish are too much

Lundy is prob fair, but doubt we’d want to do that

Steel/groulx could prob be moved, steel seems more like the odd man out. obviously Anaheim would add a pretty good size + or 2.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well zegras mctavish are too much

Lundy is prob fair, but doubt we’d want to do that

Steel/groulx could prob be moved, steel seems more like the odd man out. obviously Anaheim would add a pretty good size + or 2.

At that point it's not a deal around Steel or Groulx, it's a deal around the other pieces, and then it doesn't really matter if Steel or Groulx are involved or not.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Not a Ducks fan but I can’t see them parting with Zegras or McTavish.

Perreault was drafted as a center but has been playing RW as a professional, probably due to lack of vision as a center and probably poor at the faceoff dot would be my guess, it happens a lot but not a big deal since Perreault has one hell of a shot.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Perreault was drafted as a center but has been playing RW as a professional, probably due to lack of vision as a center and probably poor at the faceoff dot would be my guess, it happens a lot but not a big deal since Perreault has one hell of a shot.

He wasn't even drafted as a center. He was a winger in Sarnia. He's just a winger, that's it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At that point it's not a deal around Steel or Groulx, it's a deal around the other pieces, and then it doesn't really matter if Steel or Groulx are involved or not.
To be fair I don’t think fiala really brings back the type of center minnasota needs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I guess to clarify: Anaheim doesn't have a center they'd be willing to send back that would justify Minnesota trading Fiala right now rather than after the season is over.
you can have Henrique :)

only center we prob could move is Sam steel
Case in point.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
What would you want for Kevin Fiala? Maybe M. Comtois and something?
Fiala has reached to 50 point plateau once in his career and probably would have been more if not for the shorten seasons.

Fiala for Lundestrom would probably be a fair starting point but I believe the Ducks should be adding.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Well you're wrong and still trying to justify wrong information.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I guess to clarify: Anaheim doesn't have a center they'd be willing to send back that would justify Minnesota trading Fiala right now rather than after the season is over.

Case in point.
This is a very important point (IMO), the caliber of C the Wild want typically aren't traded during the season unless it's a deadline deal for an expiring contract, and I would think the Wild would be reluctant to trade for a top 6 C that needs a contract extension given their next 2-3 seasons cap situation. Deals of this ilk are typically done in the off season when teams have a bit more flexibility. If I was the Wild, I would consider a deadline deal for a short term fix if C is a glaring issue at the TDL and then look at making a deal in the off-season.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
49D6F50B-0F96-4D55-BDB1-B6AABB9F605A.png

Elite prospects and hockeydb also originally had him listed as a center, although he is now listed as his correct position at RW on those sights. Not trying to justify anything.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
View attachment 482992
Elite prospects and hockeydb also originally had him listed as a center, although he is now listed as his correct position at RW on those sights. Not trying to justify anything.

That's why it helps to know what you're talking about, rather than just looking at a website like CapFriendly, EliteProspects or HockeyDB for your information.

Reactions: bsu

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
That's why it helps to know what you're talking about, rather than just looking at a website like CapFriendly, EliteProspects or HockeyDB for your information.
Here is Jacob Perreault’s scouting report.
SCOUTING REPORT
It should not come as a surprise that he is a talented sniper, since his father Yanic was one of the most prolific marksmen in CHL history. So, scoring goals runs in the family. Has a strong lower base, so he is not easy to bump off the puck. Can play both center and wing, though his goal-scoring prowess and lack of elite playmaking skills could make him a permanent winger at the highest level. Skates a bit better than his father did, so his transition to the pro game should be slightly more seamless. Displays good hockey sense and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. His pedigree should help him in the pros.
Long Range Potential: Talented, versatile goal-scoring forward with upside.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This is a very important point (IMO), the caliber of C the Wild want typically aren't traded during the season unless it's a deadline deal for an expiring contract, and I would think the Wild would be reluctant to trade for a top 6 C that needs a contract extension given their next 2-3 seasons cap situation. Deals of this ilk are typically done in the off season when teams have a bit more flexibility. If I was the Wild, I would consider a deadline deal for a short term fix if C is a glaring issue at the TDL and then look at making a deal in the off-season.
Agreed. If Guerin really wants to add a center right now it'll probably have to be a rental and it won't be cheap. It's not impossible that he could recoup any spent futures in the offseason by trading a forward or two to make room for Boldy, Rossi, Beckman, etc... but I really don't see the point in pushing the chips in on this team right now. Going into the playoffs with Talbot and Kahkonen in goal should be enough to temper any expectations of a deep run.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
View attachment 482992
Here is Jacob Perreault’s scouting report.
SCOUTING REPORT
It should not come as a surprise that he is a talented sniper, since his father Yanic was one of the most prolific marksmen in CHL history. So, scoring goals runs in the family. Has a strong lower base, so he is not easy to bump off the puck. Can play both center and wing, though his goal-scoring prowess and lack of elite playmaking skills could make him a permanent winger at the highest level. Skates a bit better than his father did, so his transition to the pro game should be slightly more seamless. Displays good hockey sense and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. His pedigree should help him in the pros.
Long Range Potential: Talented, versatile goal-scoring forward with upside.
C1B5EC3B-C17D-4D83-9305-F2971C174D83.gif

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad