PTO: [ANA] Gustav Lindstrom, Mark Pysyk, and Boris Katchouk sign PTOs with the Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Lindstrom wasn’t half bad with the Ducks last season, was he? +12 in 32 games in a third pair role isn’t nothing.

I’m sure the Ducks would like something more dynamic in a regular starting six role and they will clearly have that with all the youngsters coming up but I think as your #7/8 who sits on the bench much of the time, seems like he is a no-brainer option if you need to keep a few of the kids gaining big minute experience in the AHL…

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Damn, Lindstrom was my top guy for an Oilers PTO. He seemed to get some decent praise from their fans and the metrics + scouting report lined up.

Reactions: Daz28

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lindstrom wasn’t half bad with the Ducks last season, was he? +12 in 32 games in a third pair role isn’t nothing.

I’m sure the Ducks would like something more dynamic in a regular starting six role and they will clearly have that with all the youngsters coming up but I think as your #7/8 who sits on the bench much of the time, seems like he is a no-brainer option if you need to keep a few of the kids gaining big minute experience in the AHL…
Very little room if they want Luneau up (sounds like they do), Fowler/LaCombe/Minty/Gudas/Vak/Dumo/Luneau/Zellweger is 8

SingDomestica

Jul 10, 2008
SoCal

Yeah he was really solid in his role and RHD to boot, but when you only have 3 legitimate NHL defensemen and so many others at the cusp of being so, you’re going to want to give more time to the guys that need it and are expected to be a part of the future, which Lindstrom isn’t. It’s unfortunate, for both sides to some extent, but he’s just odd man out in a numbers game.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Very little room if they want Luneau up (sounds like they do), Fowler/LaCombe/Minty/Gudas/Vak/Dumo/Luneau/Zellweger is 8
Assuming the likes of LaCombe, Luneau and Zellweger (maybe Vaak too) will rotate then depending on form and the org would rather keep all the kids up, training with and getting games with the main club even if none of them are appearing in all of the games?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Mark Pysyk?

ppf-lol.gif

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kind of surprised that Gustav Lindstrom could only land a PTO. He's not a world beater, but i thought he established that he was at least a serviceable NHL depth defenceman, and a RHD with size and decent mobility to boot.

Katchouk also surprises me, in that i get he's wildly inconsistent in his impact...but when he's "on" he's capable of playing a really good "energy role" depth forward role.

Reactions: Daz28

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Kind of surprised that Gustav Lindstrom could only land a PTO. He's not a world beater, but i thought he established that he was at least a serviceable NHL depth defenceman, and a RHD with size and decent mobility to boot.

Katchouk also surprises me, in that i get he's wildly inconsistent in his impact...but when he's "on" he's capable of playing a really good "energy role" depth forward role.
Maybe he only got offers from teams that didn't fit his wish list and thinks he can impress enough as a PTO to get onto a team he likes?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe he only got offers from teams that didn't fit his wish list and thinks he can impress enough as a PTO to get onto a team he likes?

Maybe. Not sure how smart a gamble that is though, in his situation. Not sure he's the sort of guy to really blow people away in camp. At his best, he's basically one of those, "players you don't notice".

But i guess you never know what's going to happen at camp for other teams. There's always injuries and surprises and disappointments who don't perform as expected, so maybe something kicks loose and a team he wants to play for comes knocking. So keeping some flexibility could pay off if that's a priority. It just seems like a big risk to take, if that's what he's doing...without any real security whatsoever. Especially in the case that he is the injury or disappointment.

Reactions: mattihp

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Can't speak to him in Anaheim, but he was the biggest bag of nothing I've ever seen in Montreal. I guess perfectly fine as a #7 but I just really don't think there's any upside there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad