Claimed off Waivers: [ANA] Gerald Mayhew claimed off waivers by the Ducks from the Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Flyers fans? Anything on him?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Both Left Wingers. Seems to me Anaheim found a deal for Rakell. Incoming news soon. Thoughts? @Zegs2comtois @Leonardo87

Rakell is practicing today. Not sure what to think. I’d prefer to re-sign Rakell, Top 6 is so bare and need more time for the forward prospects to develop. Maybe Verbeek is comfortable with Rakell’s term.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Smallish goal scorer with mediocre defensive abilities. Excellent AHL scorer. Decent wheels.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So someone like Lettieri?

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Rakell is practicing today. Not sure what to think. I’d prefer to re-sign Rakell, Top 6 is so bare and need more time for the forward prospects to develop. Maybe Verbeek is comfortable with Rakell’s term.

Mayhew could be stepping in for Deslauriers replacement I guess also

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mayhew could be stepping in for Deslauriers replacement I guess also

Rakell will likely be traded but some things that make me think he could re-sign. Refused to negotiate with other teams, only wants to with the Ducks, there has been no word except speculation on him, and I think the term he is seeking is something Verbeek is comfortable with.….as I type this watch a trade is called, lol.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Rakell will likely be traded but some things that make me think he could re-sign. Refused to negotiate with other teams, only wants to with the Ducks, there has been no word except speculation on him, and I think the term he is seeking is something Verbeek is comfortable with.….as I type this watch a trade is called, lol.

You weren’t wrong! You just got the wrong player 😂 Giordano to Toronto confirmed

Reactions: Leonardo87

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Smallish goal scorer with mediocre defensive abilities. Excellent AHL scorer. Decent wheels.

Could you see him being a solid depth player on the Ducks? We did lose Deslauriers and I’m curious if Mayhew can replace him in our lineup. Thanks

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You weren’t wrong! You just got the wrong player 😂 Giordano to Toronto confirmed

I actually want to keep Rakell. With how Rico has been this season, don’t mind seeing Rakell past 30 yo, would take the risk. Anything over 5 years would be too much though.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
I actually want to keep Rakell. With how Rico has been this season, don’t mind seeing Rakell past 30 yo, would take the risk. Anything over 5 years would be too much though.

I don’t know what these Swedes problems are. Rakell has been declining. Dude hasn’t posted anything over 42/43 points in years. I really don’t want anything close to 5 years. He hasn’t been the same as usual Rakell since 17-18 season. And this guy is getting top 6 minutes. It’s pretty outrageous

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Lol. Nothing more than AHL regular and potentially a fill in guy for a game or two with the big club. He was on an unsustainable heater for a while but has cooled off tremendously in the past 6 or so games. Maybe only 3 shots in that span of games so he’s not even getting chances anymore. If you’re team is terrible, like the Flyers, you may end up playing him more.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t know what these Swedes problems are. Rakell has been declining. Dude hasn’t posted anything over 42/43 points in years. I really don’t want anything close to 5 years. He hasn’t been the same as usual Rakell since 17-18 season. And this guy is getting top 6 minutes. It’s pretty outrageous

Really depends on the return also. I still think the Top 6 will be very bare, unless Verbeek has a replacement in mind. Rakell is a still a 20+ goal scorer, and that’s something not easy to replace.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Lol. Nothing more than AHL regular and potentially a fill in guy for a game or two with the big club. He was on an unsustainable heater for a while but has cooled off tremendously in the past 6 or so games. Maybe only 3 shots in that span of games so he’s not even getting chances anymore. If you’re team is terrible, like the Flyers, you may end up playing him more.

This feels like a Deslauriers replacement. You were never expecting much from Deslauriers either from a scoring perspective. Who knows. Anaheim does crazy shit with no bodies. I remember when the hockey community thought Cogliano was AHL fodder as well. And he did wonders in Anaheim

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Really depends on the return also. I still think the Top 6 will be very bare, unless Verbeek has a replacement in mind. Rakell is a still a 20+ goal scorer, and that’s something not easy to replace.

Some of the duck fans think we can get Fiala. With all this damn cap, and picks. Verbeek should be able to improve this roster this summer. Hopefully it’s top 6. I just don’t think a 5 year contract is good for Rakell since he’s in decline the last 2 years

Reactions: Leonardo87

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Mayhem is a try hard depth guy with speed. Career ahl guy who can fill in on a modern style fourth line. Decent shot but after years playing in the a he has a little too much confidence in his deke which leads to turnovers.

Reactions: IronMarshal

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Mayhem is a try hard depth guy with speed. Career ahl guy who can fill in on a modern style fourth line. Decent shot but after years playing in the a he has a little too much confidence in his deke which leads to turnovers.

Atleast he has speed. I miss cogliano a lot for that very reason. I’m sure Anaheim fans would love to watch him on the 3rd/Fourth line

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How is Mayhem?

The Flyers had Couts, Laughton and Thompson out with injury on Thursday and iced this lineup

48 Morgan Frost -- 28 Claude Giroux-- 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk -- 19 Derick Brassard -- 89 Cam Atkinson
23 Oskar Lindblom -- 13 Kevin Hayes -- 86 Joel Farabee
71 Max Willman -- 38 Patrick Brown -- 17 Zack MacEwen

As you can see, he was a healthy scratch. So that's 15 guys ahead of him not including Allison and Laczynski who are rehabbing in AHL. So yeah, an AHL.

Reactions: mr4tno

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Flyers fans? Anything on him?
Yeah, he sucks. Can't even call him a "has-been" - he is a "never was". The only reason why you know about him is the Flyers love these no talent players to play instead of an actual prospect. He doesn't even skate - he just literally runs on the ice. Think of when you first learned how to skate - that's him. Case in point, the value to the Flyers is the actual contract slot that is created. Yea, he is worth less than "the player to be named later"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad