Proposal: ANA - EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I wouldn't hate this but I wouldn't be happy. That 1st is likely to be a bottom 4 pick if Gibson plays like he should.
I'm not super excited for Skinner since the Ducks have Dostal as the goalie of the future and I don't view Skinner as being better.

Also, don't the Oilers need to send a longer term cap dump to make this work for next season? If Turris was replaced with Kassian that probably works out better, but then I would want more coming back for having to take on 6+ mil in salary over the next 2 years.
Maybe a conditional 2nd that can become a 1st if the Oilers make the conference final.

To Oilers
John Gibson

To Ducks
2022 1st
Holloway
Koskinen
Kassian
2023 2nd (Becomes 1st if Oilers make conference final)

Last edited:

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
The Oilers can worry about next season in the offseason. Right now they would have the space to add Gibson in but have to figure out how to fill out the roster. They can keep Kassian. I dont want that guy anywhere near the Ducks. Overpaid and completely useless.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't hate this but I wouldn't be happy. That 1st is likely to be a bottom 4 pick if Gibson plays like he should.
I'm not super excited for Skinner since the Ducks have Dostal as the goalie of the future and I don't view Skinner as being better.

Also, don't the Oilers need to send a longer term cap dump to make this work for next season? If Turris was replaced with Kassian that probably works out better, but then I would want more coming back for having to take on 6+ mil in salary over the next 2 years.
Maybe a conditional 2nd that can become a 1st if the Oilers make the conference final.

To Oilers
John Gibson

To Ducks
2022 1st
Holloway
Koskinen
Kassian
Skinner
I feel like you’d def have to add something to the deal from Anaheim…. Or downgrade Holloway a bit

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not a bad trade for both team I think

It helps Ducks quick rebuild and the Oilers finally solve their most pressing issue in the best way possible. Gibson is IMO a top 10 goalie in the league. They can now go on to get one or two good d-men

Yay we finally agree . Now you just have to let us have Chiariot for a 2nd in 2023 .

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Yay we finally agree . Now you just have to let us have Chiariot for a 2nd in 2023 .

Like I said in the Chiarot to Toronto thread, I wouldn't even look at a trade if a 1st isn't include. If none are offered, I'd just resign him

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I meant to remove Skinner!

I would do you proposal deal if Skinner is out and the 2nd is 2024 but wouldn't pass on it if it meant the deal falling apart . I also honest rather go for Hart or Knight base on Gibson recent play .
Either way Gibson+Skinner , Hart +Skinner , Knight+Skinner is worlds better then anything we had since Cujo .

Reactions: Just a Fan

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Like I said in the Chiarot to Toronto thread, I wouldn't even look at a trade if a 1st isn't include. If none are offered, I'd just resign him

Never seen that post . You also have to remember all 1st aren't equal . Edmonton could very well miss the playoffs . I get the ask tho . Lessor players have went for 1st at the trade deadline . I just wouldn't want to pay it to see a player walk in 3 months .

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gibson ain't going to the Oilers.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Never seen that post . You also have to remember all 1st aren't equal . Edmonton could very well miss the playoffs . I get the ask tho . Lessor players have went for 1st at the trade deadline . I just wouldn't want to pay it to see a player walk in 3 months .

The fact that Chiarot's contract end this year is in fact an appeal for some teams (gives them cap versatility for next year) but maybe a sign-and-trade would be better for Edmonton's case

The one d-man you want from Montreal is Edmunson, if he comes back healty.
Not as versatile as Chiarot and not as physical (he could easely be if he wanted, he just doesn't want lol) but he's a ROCK on defense. He's like a smaller but better skating Hal Gill.
He'd help Barrie a lot, I think

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
It would be enticing if you guys drafted Wallstadt instead of trading down like idiots.... So due to your GM/Scouting staff's stupidity, I would like to add Bourgualt to the package

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I would do you proposal deal if Skinner is out and the 2nd is 2024 but wouldn't pass on it if it meant the deal falling apart . I also honest rather go for Hart or Knight base on Gibson recent play .
Either way Gibson+Skinner , Hart +Skinner , Knight+Skinner is worlds better then anything we had since Cujo .
Did you forget about Roloson?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
1st and Holloway is the starting point for Gibson alone, gotta be more than Skinner coming back if we're taking 2 cap dumps
It’s for 14 games, this barely registers as cap dumps, but I would add one of our B prospects like Lavoie, Savoie or Tullio to make this happen.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

To Oilers
John Gibson

To Ducks
2022 1st
Holloway
Koskinen
Kassian
I would do this as well. Losing Kassian long term is worth the extra pick, especially if we make the conference finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad