Confirmed Trade: [ANA/DET] Robby Fabbri and 2025 4th round pick for Gage Alexander

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Detroit upgrades a player today for basically the same money. Anaheim gets a hell of a great story, and a player nobody will ever say a bad thing about.

The only thing about Fabbri is, you just can’t trust him to stay on the ice.

I’ve never seen a player not care about his own welfare like Fabbri does. The dude just keep going like the Energizer Bunny, knee after knee replacement. I’ve also never seen someone on their 5th knee, still have the speed he does.

Anaheim will love him this year and flip him for a 3rd Rd pick at the deadline.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I was just thinking that Detroit needs another minor league goaltender.

With only four goalies on their NHL roster, you never know when you might need another warm body.

Couldn't they have just accepted a bag of pucks they might actually use?

Reactions: DamonDRW

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I was just thinking that Detroit needs another minor league goaltender.

With only four goalies on their NHL roster, you never know when you might need another warm body.

Couldn't they have just accepted a bag of pucks they might actually use?

Anaheim likely wanted to move the contract slot by giving a player back. Teams like to keep the number of contracts coming and going out close to even. You only get 50.

Reactions: wings95

jani

Oct 15, 2023
This is so much better for the Ducks than "E. Kane to ANA to reach the floor", which was thrown out there by some.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This version of Anaheim somehow feels like the perfect spot for Fabbri. He will have a couple of really hot months where he is pacing for 30 goals and 60 points, then he will stop scoring entirely and then he will likely miss 20 games. But…the Ducks needed a temp depth solution with a bit of scoring pop on the wing so he will serve a purpose.

Detroit is further ahead in its process and the dumping of guys like Fabbri and Sprong - while useful on the scoresheet in stretches - shows an awareness that it’s time to move on from band-aid solutions.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's funny because I've been thinking this entire offseason that PV would probably love to dump Alexander off somewhere as the Ducks had 7 goalies under contract and he was by the worst one with the lowest upside, didn't think Detroit who also had 6 goalies signed would be the taker though

Reactions: Yemeth

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
It's funny because I've been thinking this entire offseason that PV would probably love to dump Alexander off somewhere as the Ducks had 7 goalies under contract and he was by the worst one with the lowest upside, didn't think Detroit who also had 6 goalies signed would be the taker though

Most likely to place in Toledo in case Bednar moves up a level. Don't see him (Alexander) as one of our goalies in the A.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Imagine that's a paperwork transition to make the roster/cap numbers work.

Don't see him actually playing unless one (or two) of the vets are moved and Cossa ends up in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad