Value of: ANA - CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If you have ever worked in a toxic environment you will know that is 100% false.
You're right but Laine isn't toxic.
Similar offer is funny. Not because they're bad players but because we have enough similar.

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
From CBJ no but have to respect that was fair offer not like 99% here

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Ana
P. Laine

CBJ
M. Comtois
B. Guhle
J. Perrault or B. Tracey
1st draft pick 2022
Laine isn't available unless Columbus is getting a high quality overpayment. This isn't it.

I don't expect you to pay it but something like Dostal, McTavish plus Ducks 1st in 22.

Laine is back on his game. He's the right age for Columbus's rebuild, and Columbus has two firsts this season, and had a high end draft last season. If you don't want to part with premium assets, I can understand that.

Laine isn't available for guys like Comtois, Ghule and Perrault.

Reactions: CBJx614
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I doubt Columbus says yes and Laine is not a good fit for the Ducks. He is not a guys I want to pay 8 mil+ a year to, especially when the Ducks are rebuilding and need their young players surrounded by good influences.
You must not know much about Laine. He is hardworking and good in the locker room.

Reactions: Fro and Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You must not know much about Laine. He is hardworking and good in the locker room.

Yeah I’d love Laine on Zegras wing, can you imagine the production? If I were Columbus would be locking him up. Ducks will need to look elsewhere to get support for Zegras and Terry.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah I’d love Laine on Zegras wing, can you imagine the production? If I were Columbus would be locking him up. Ducks will need to look elsewhere to get support for Zegras and Terry.
We are kind of hoping not to imagine and get a similar situation with Kent Johnson

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The only way Laine gets traded is if he won’t re-sign in Columbus. If he won’t re-sign in Columbus, he won’t re-sign in Anaheim. Both teams say no.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The only way Laine gets traded is if he won’t re-sign in Columbus. If he won’t re-sign in Columbus, he won’t re-sign in Anaheim. Both teams say no.
I agree with the former, I'm not sure you can assume the later though. If he wont sign with CBJ we don't know the reasons behind that as its not even clear he wont. Maybe he prefers California climate. Maybe he wants to play for the same team as a Finnish legend, maybe the Ducks can offer more money, maybe he wants to play with Zegras, maybe none of these.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I agree with the former, I'm not sure you can assume the later though. If he wont sign with CBJ we don't know the reasons behind that as its not even clear he wont. Maybe he prefers California climate. Maybe he wants to play for the same team as a Finnish legend, maybe the Ducks can offer more money, maybe he wants to play with Zegras, maybe none of these.
He wants money, and control of his career, in no particular order - that’s pretty clear based on his contract. This is not the franchise for those expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad