Value of: ANA - CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I doubt Columbus says yes and Laine is not a good fit for the Ducks. He is not a guys I want to pay 8 mil+ a year to, especially when the Ducks are rebuilding and need their young players surrounded by good influences.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Adding Laine does not hurt the rebuild. He's younger than Terry. That being said the only way I see him moving on is if he won't sign long term with CBJ.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Because depth wingers and LHD are exactly the things we've been saying we need over and over, right?

Oh, wait, no, sorry, my mistake - we've been saying exactly the opposite of that. That those are the asset types that we already have far too many of and so have zero interest in acquiring. And you want us to give up our best young forward in exchange.

Hey, here's an idea - how about we send you Jack Roslovic, Emil Bemstrom, one of Kiril Marchenko or Trey Fix-Wolansky, and a 1st for Trevor Zegras. I'm sure that's TOTALLY balanced and acceptable to the Ducks, right?

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
We're not trading Laine at the deadline, or probably at all.

If you want a CBJ deadline deal, look to Domi, Korpisalo, and maybe Nyquist and Roslovic. Other than these guys I don't think you'll see much activity from us.

and if you want Laine, wait until the offseason negotiations happen.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I doubt Columbus says yes and Laine is not a good fit for the Ducks. He is not a guys I want to pay 8 mil+ a year to, especially when the Ducks are rebuilding and need their young players surrounded by good influences.
Good influences are overrated. They are adults not children. They have the mental capacity to judge right from wrong as I’d hope you do.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If you have ever worked in a toxic environment you will know that is 100% false.
My 1st job as an apprentice my journeyman slept all shift and smoked weed on the top of the reactor at a oil refinery both would be instant firings. You don’t see me doing that. People can make there own decisions and choices. I don’t think I have ever been influenced negatively by someone in my life unless you consider incorrect information to be in that category.

Reactions: Dumais

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Adding Laine does not hurt the rebuild. He's younger than Terry. That being said the only way I see him moving on is if he won't sign long term with CBJ.

It’s not so much his age, it’s bringing in an enigmatic $8 mil+ winger while the team isn’t close to being competitive.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
If he was guaranteed to produce 40+ goals for the next 5-6 years, yes. But the trade price would be much higher under that assumption.
Like I said. I don't see it happening unless he is refusing to sign long term. Do you include Zegras or Drysdale. That doesn't make sense for the Ducks. Otherwise, adding a player who is clearly a step above ANYONE on the team right now is not a bad idea. Players like that are going to cost money. Can't be afraid to pay them.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
You didn't even have any quarters in that pile of change.

I don't think Laine makes sense for the Ducks, but how is a likely top 10 pick not a "quarter"? I don't think it's far off. Perreault is a really good prospect and Comtois has proven he has top 6 skill, but hasn't had a great year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think Laine makes sense for the Ducks, but how is a likely top 10 pick not a "quarter"? I don't think it's far off. Perreault is a really good prospect and Comtois has proven he has top 6 skill, but hasn't had a great year.

Okay maybe that pick is a "quarter", but it looks more like #15 than #10 and forgive me for not being excited about that in this draft.

The bigger issue is that the Jackets are deep with young players at wing and D and have a lot of picks and recent picks that will be decent players someday, but there's only one guy that can do what Patrik Laine does. Why trade him for more of the same stuff you already have?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Okay maybe that pick is a "quarter", but it looks more like #15 than #10 and forgive me for not being excited about that in this draft.

The bigger issue is that the Jackets are deep with young players at wing and D and have a lot of picks and recent picks that will be decent players someday, but there's only one guy that can do what Patrik Laine does. Why trade him for more of the same stuff you already have?
Only reason to trade Laine has always been because you didn't think he'd sign long term. I really haven't seen any reports 1 way or the other. Imo a deal with the Ducks would likely start with McTavish or at the very least Lundestrom.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad