Confirmed Trade: [ANA/CBJ] Devin Shore for Sonny Milano

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Shore isn’t a bad player, he’s very meh, but he’s an NHLer. We weren’t going to qualify him so we take a chance on a boom or bust prospect. I like it for Anaheim.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
He was high potential but very raw. Just never developed into the player he could have been.
Yeah at 23 hes not a 70 point guy. The Jackets need to quit throwing young guys out there that have not been developed and expect them to be PPG guys. He has skill but needed more time in lower level. Is it too late for him to bloom maybe. I like to watch the guy though.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
He has skill but needed more time in lower level. Is it too late for him to bloom maybe. I like to watch the guy though.

Not going to address the first part since Viqsi already dragged you on that one, but the second part is also inaccurate.

He spent 1 full year in the OHL before turning pro. If you're going to debate that he should have stayed in Boston College rather than the OHL, then that's a fair criticism, but this was the players choice not the CBJ.

He spent parts of 5 straight seasons in the AHL, including nearly 2 straight seasons in the minors where he didn't even get more than a cup of coffee in the NHL. He was no longer eligible to go to the minors without waivers this year. He's spent 163 games in the minors. How much more time did he need?

Reactions: Viqsi

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
do people post stuff like this with intent to be assholes or what? I genuinely don't see any other reason to make posts like this, especially in a mains thread.

Yeah you are right, was a little tasteless. I apologize. Just don’t see too many OT goals for Anaheim.

sunsetsuperhuman

Mar 9, 2018
do people post stuff like this with intent to be assholes or what? I genuinely don't see any other reason to make posts like this, especially in a mains thread.

I didnt see it that way, but I get it. I hope this trade works out for both teams. It's way too early to be able to tell, but so far Milano looks like he's enjoying the fresh start and taking full advantage.

I sincerely hope Shore does the same for the Jackets.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didnt see it that way, but I get it. I hope this trade works out for both teams. It's way too early to be able to tell, but so far Milano looks like he's enjoying the fresh start and taking full advantage.

I hope Shore is good for you guys also, like I said on the other page hope both players work out for both clubs. Ducks needed a guy like Milano but its only been one game. But so far like what I see.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah you are right, was a little tasteless. I apologize. Just don’t see too many OT goals for Anaheim.

I certainly don't mean it that way, hope you guys are just as happy with the trade as we are :thumbu:

I mean its all fair. I don't really take offense to it, but it does annoy me especially since there really isn't any history between our teams on the ice, in trades, or on HFBoards (that I'm aware of at least) that would call for that.

I'm perfectly fine with being excited about Milano. Hell, I'm excited for you guys and him. I liked that player a lot.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I still don't understand how or why this trade happened

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
just know as a CBJ fan, that ducks fans have been starved for a player like milano, i know most CBJ fans would raise eyebrow's over that, but its true....i hope no ducks fan tries to scoreboard this trade (especially with how the kase deal could turn out) but its was nice for us to see that for the 1st time in a looooong time, even if it was only 1 game

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
just know as a CBJ fan, that ducks fans have been starved for a player like milano, i know most CBJ fans would raise eyebrow's over that, but its true....i hope no ducks fan tries to scoreboard this trade (especially with how the kase deal could turn out) but its was nice for us to see that for the 1st time in a looooong time, even if it was only 1 game
We had to even up the wild bill trade with you guys a few years back.

Reactions: IDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad