An actual breakdown on taxes per team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, cause we’re a team that has the advantage.

It had nothing to do with signing, I said it in my original post. It’s about finding the right players, system, etc. And we’re going to become victims of our success. Reino, Stenlund, Lomberg, Montour, OEL, Stolarz, and others are due a new contract. Verhaeghe and Bennett right behind them. Sure, we’ll get a couple on “team/tax friendly” deals, but we’re going to lose a key player or a few.

The tax advantage won’t bring them all back; but I’ll guarantee Zito will look for guys similar to what he’s recently found.

ok? The tax friendly deals are the problem. Because the NHL specifically limited salaries so teams like Florida to compete.

They could easily still win even with normal caps. They are a great team

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Reading this thread, it looks like the only way to make it fair for the Leafs is for them to have $1 Billion cap hit, and all the other teams $25 Million. Then maybe the Leafs would be able to go past the 1st round to make everything fair.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
ok? The tax friendly deals are the problem. Because the NHL specifically limited salaries so teams like Florida to compete.

They could easily still win even with normal caps. They are a great team
Dude. You’re killin me.

Why didn’t the attempted super teams they tried to put together in New York and Toronto not work? Why did they tend to work in Detroit? Was Detroit THAT much more skilled? Or did they have strong leadership and brought in guys who’d fit??

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Dude. You’re killin me.

Why didn’t the attempted super teams they tried to put together in New York and Toronto not work? Why did they tend to work in Detroit? Was Detroit THAT much more skilled? Or did they have strong leadership and brought in guys who’d fit??

Literally zero of this has anything to do with what has been discussed for 20
Pages. I honestly don’t know why you are bringing all this up.

It’s not relevant to the cap.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Literally zero of this has anything to do with what has been discussed for 20
Pages. I honestly don’t know why you are bringing all this up.

It’s not relevant to the cap.
Roster construction has less to do with tax advantages than it does with smartly building the roster. That’s the point,
This is just an excuse. As I said, take it away, plenty will still be looking for excuses. Funny it’s over so many people’s heads.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I agree. It should go from have and have nots to have more and have less. Because teams that pay the bills should get better perks. Just like first class should get perks. But everyone gets on the plane.

But it’s not about what I want. It’s about what’s fair. The NHL chose to implement the cap they way they did. They did it openly talking about competitive balance. They now have tipped the scales and need to make it fair.

No one is saying it is the only reason people sign there. It is why they are getting playerd
To sign for less aav/same take home allowing an unfair advantage.

In the system they created to stop that.

The same teams like Tampa were the ones with the president Campbell crying about it being unfair. Only now to keep their mouths shut when they have the. Hammer
Yep teams that can afford get to spend as much as they want on coaches, trainers/offices staff/ scouts, analytics , GM’s/ executives/ dieticians etc. ,
no cap at all for those.

Obviously the smaller markets don’t have that capability.

So these are the type of things that are high revenue teams like the Rangers and Habs can afford to spend a lot more on, is what you mean.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yep teams that can afford get to spend as much as they want on coaches, trainers/offices staff/ scouts, analytics , GM’s/ executives/ dieticians etc. ,
no cap at all for those.

Obviously the smaller markets don’t have that capability.

So these are the type of things that are high revenue teams like the Rangers and Habs can afford to spend a lot more on, is what you mean.

Every single team can spend the exact same money on these things. These are all billionaires. There is no restrictions. They chose not to.

if the NHL chose to limit these things and cap them and create an artificial parity because Arizona and Tampa cried to the media again.

Then they can. They would just have to make it fair. It’s really simple.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
32 thoughts had a question period. Today called the Montanas thought line.

The question. Can teams trade for cap.

The answer from Friedman: NO.

It is strictly prohibited by the CBA
June 19 2024 the rat pack dragged back to Edmonton.

For @DistantThunderRep and @Golden_Jet

every few months the same tax issue comes up and the same few people spew incorrect information to a new audience. I am cataloging it now for quick reference.

that and the 2004 article leading up the lockout where Tampas president is quoted saying that they need a new system (cap) Because there needs to be a competitive balance should stop this nonsense

But I’m sure it won’t. In a week or 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad