GDT: Amerks @ Penguins 7 PM ET - TV: Sabres.com, ESPN+ Radio: WGR550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Looks like our major prospects had some sweet highlights. What were people's overall impressions?
-----------
Sooner than later we're going to have a conversation about Novikov. He had three pretty dynamic activations in that reel, outside of his nasty snipe. He jumped off the screen for me with his size, skating, and appetite for getting forward. He doesn't turn 22 until July...

If his D zone game is at least average, his floor is real NHLer and top 4 with some signature traits seems reachable imo.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Got beat by no regular NHLers and two periods of an ECHL goalie is certainly something.
You’d think one team literally taking their top 27 players out of the equation would be a good time for the other team to get payback on the asskicking they got a few days earlier. I expected a very different result from this game. If the roles were reversed I’d be very annoyed right now.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Looks like our major prospects had some sweet highlights. What were people's overall impressions?
-----------
Sooner than later we're going to have a conversation about Novikov. He had three pretty dynamic activations in that reel, outside of his nasty snipe. He jumped off the screen for me with his size, skating, and appetite for getting forward. He doesn't turn 22 until July...

If his D zone game is at least average, his floor is real NHLer and top 4 with some signature traits seems reachable imo.

I know this seems like a bit of a lazy comparison, but I think it's apt:

Novikov reminds me very much of Zadorov. Good skater, doesn't mind the physical stuff, is occasionally good offensively. I think it's certainly well within the realm of possibility that he becomes a legit 2nd/3rd pairing guy. Maybe not a guy you can always lean on to log big minutes (Zadorov has always been in that ~18 min range)......but a guy that can certainly complement one of our big guns very well at even strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad