Alright, I'll be the one to ask. Why do we hate PLD and Jeff Carter but Laine gets a pass?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
Well he had no intention of staying here and would never admit it. I think most of us felt led on right up until he signed in NY that he could stay.
I have no old articles to go back to as evidence here, but I always had the vibe that he was going to be a free agent. I remember there being a discourse he was going to sign in a bigger market (NY specifically) way before he left. I liked his attitude while he was here, though, all the vibes were good. He could have easily been upset about leaving Kane and Chicago but he didn't pout.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
^Exactly, which is why I got no beef with Bread. He signed in Chicago to play with Kane, which he did for a few years, gets traded to a small market team but gives his all, proving he can be a Batman instead of just Kane's Robin, then he flies the coop to the biggest city and the brightest lights. If he's in Kane's shadow for those two years instead of here, I don't think he gets 11+ million in free agency.

Reactions: ViD

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Well he had no intention of staying here and would never admit it. I think most of us felt led on right up until he signed in NY that he could stay.
Like others, I call BS. Any fan with common sense knew Panarin was leaving when the season was done and he was a UFA. I don't boo the guy, he came, never complained or seemed to dog it here and gave us two super entertaining years. I am very confident Jarmo had been clearly told Bread was not re-signing to stay in Columbus and he rolled the dice for a playoff run and hoped he could change Bread's mind.

In the end...and I am not defending Carter in any way...the blame for the disaster that was the Carter trade has to be shared between Carter who acted unprofessionally and the CBJ front office. Maybe hindsight is 20-20 but considering the situation it seems to me the CBJ should have done more due diligence before making that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad