3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Moneypuck model is heavily swayed by what the series score is and what a team in that situation could be expected to do.

It's not really a quality assessment unless you look at it right at the beginning of the series.

If Florida went up 2-0, we'd be in single digits to win the Cup.

Reactions: DialUp

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
That's not what the data says:

View attachment 875711

I don't know if some variables would change their model but as of now you can extrapolate their thoughts on the chances of each team winning the cup if they win this round, just their probability of winning a cup by their probability of making the final.
If it remains unchanged then ok. Personally I don't like Edmonton and think they are wrong here. I think Florida and the Rangers can beat them. Secondly doms model at the athletic is doodoo and I hate read it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Gustav Forsling is a stud. It is very visible how good he is at suppressing offense, and he just eats pucks and uses his great skating and passing ability. I also think the system he plays in compliments him extremely well, and if we had him, he'd be another Michael Kostka #4.
It’s amazing they landed him and Montour for nothing

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
1716675225042.png

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It is a bit funny we haven't scored more on him. We know he is a bit weak up top. We just haven't been hitting our spots. All Zibad's and Breadman's shots are pad saves. How many glove saves has he had to make? We are overdue to light him up.
He’s had a fair few shoulder saves.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I wasn't expecting much to come of the review but I got super nervous when that vegetable Ferraro chimed in with "they're gonna waive that off."

He was talking about the fact that it was touched by a high stick in the neutral zone. He then said it’s outside the offensive zone so they’ll waive that. He’s not that bad honestly. Beats Pierre by a long shot. At one point someone said “they used to say that was very Ray Ferraro-esque” Ray chuckled and said “no they did not”. Made me laugh. He was a heck of a player.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone else notice waking up this morning felt much better than waking up on Thursday morning. Its obvious why but kind of silly how much 19 guys I have never met chasing a piece of black rubber effects my life. 😂
I drank too much to celebrate the victory so cannot relate

• Wow
Reactions: NickyFotiu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad