3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I want the Rangers to win the cup but I really want to see the negative takes from fans. It’s phenomenal.
The crazy thing is that, let’s say the Rangers lose those series in 6 games you’re going to have several people here saying “I told you so” and pointing to a lack of high end talent as the reason why they lost.

When in reality, IF they lose (they’re gonna win!!!), it’s going to be because of injuries, bounces, or a couple of run of the mill mistakes that happen at the wrong time.

This team 100% is good enough to win the Cup this year. So are the other teams that are left. Only one is going to win and whoever does isn’t going to do so because of a talent advantage.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One thing that hasn't been discussed; we really could benefit should Miller decide to join the party. Did the coaches tell him to be less aggressive offensively? He hasn't done anything in weeks. Last night he joined a rush to make it a 3 on 2 and ESPN gushed about him. And I'm saying "are you kidding". This series is him being at his least as far as joining the rush.

He needs to skate with the puck. His ability to do so will throw off all the forechecking numbers.

Miller and Gus need to get on their horse and lead the rush. They're the only guys we have on the blue line that can do that right now and it will completely decimate Florida's defensive strategy if they're able to do so.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That pretty much confirms the eye test. This series has been dead even. Two evenly matched teams.

Yeah has felt that way. Which is why I was a little annoyed with the negativity. Sure we lost 3-0 game one, but two of those goals I can’t even put into the equation since one was an own goal and the other of the three was an EN.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Looks like a separated shoulder for Vesey. Probably means he's done for the postseason.

This is why getting Chytil and even Wheeler back is so important. We're not dipping into the Hartford contingency of forwards with injuries.

I have a feeling he goes Brodz tomorrow for that 4th line. The 3rd line really turned it on after the 1st where they got manhandled.

Adding Kakko or Wheeler to the 4th and that line is too slow. Maybe he goes back to Kakko, but the lack of footspeed for that 4th line would be very concerning.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I'm not talking about the score. I felt we were outplayed as a team. If we go look in the game thread. Did people think we were playing well?
I thought the play was pretty even. Scoring chances, especially high danger scoring chances, are the biggest, non score, indicators. NYR could have easily won that game. Just having the puck, or having O zone time, is GREAT, but if you aren’t getting the scoring chances, or preventing the opp’s scoring chances, what is it worth? It’s like CAR throwing a million low danger shots at the goal and thinking they deserved to win based on that despite getting out chanced.
I thought NYR (AND FLA both) played okay and (both) could’ve played better.
I thought last night both teams elevated their games, us just slightly more.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like a separated shoulder for Vesey. Probably means he's done for the postseason.

This is why getting Chytil and even Wheeler back is so important. We're not dipping into the Hartford contingency of forwards with injuries.

I have a feeling he goes Brodz tomorrow for that 4th line. The 3rd line really turned it on after the 1st where they got manhandled.

Adding Kakko or Wheeler to the 4th and that line is too slow. Maybe he goes back to Kakko, but the lack of footspeed for that 4th line would be very concerning.

Keep Rempe in? Bring back Kakko or have Wheeler come into the game. Expect Wheeler to be rusty, so that’s a concern. But he has more playoff experience and production than Kakko.

We are now tied 1-1, Lavi has some breathing room if he wants to make some changes.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yeah has felt that way. Which is why I was a little annoyed with the negativity. Sure we lost 3-0 game one, but two of those goals I can’t even put into the equation since one was an own goal and the other of the three was an EN.
The own goal was also at the end of the game when the Rangers were losing their minds to try to press so that's a pretty easy one to discount. The first goal was also a complete flubber that Igor shouldn't be letting in. Not like they destroyed us in chances. Easily could have won that game had the two posts been an inch the other way.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Reading the high stick stuff is wild to me because I don’t recall it even being mentioned on SN. They thought it was being looked at for off sides because they didn’t know why else it would be reviewed.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ferraro used to be one of the best, especially with TSN. I don't know if he himself has changed, or ESPN wants him to do colour in a certain way. But he has been pretty unimpressive during his time there, at least IMO.

ESPN is disaster compared to TNT. Emily is the only good thing they have.

Other than horn dogs you have to be the only person that thinks Emily is good. She's an amateur.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Brodzinski sucks Florida balls. I'd put in Tanner Glass over him, like Tanner Glass from 2024. Kakko has to get back in, he sat a game and now we see if he got the message

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Keep Rempe in? Bring back Kakko or have Wheeler come into the game. Expect Wheeler to be rusty, so that’s a concern. But he has more playoff experience and production than Kakko.

We are now tied 1-1, Lavi has some breathing room if he wants to make some changes.
It'll probably be Kakko, but not taking pre-game was weird. Maybe they wanted to give him a full reset.

They will need some fresh legs. Rempe did play more, but there was more gametime to play. Brodz also can't really play up the lineup where Wheeler and Kakko can and have. Brodz gives you someone that can play C in emergency tho.

Reactions: Leonardo87

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Is Kaapo right back in for Vesey? Or will Wheeler be Weekend At Bernies'd? or will Vesey do a Lindgren and be fine and dandy and good to go?
It is probably Brodzinski. 4th liner for 4th liner. Not sure Kakko wouldn't be a good fit down there.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
You know guys you sometimes run into comedy. The Penguins board is convinced that the Rangers get all the calls. I think I already mentioned this but it needs to be mentioning. The most self unaware fanbase in the world? I feel like in that series we had against them two years ago not only was a BS non-goal took away a win game one, they had something like THREE 5 on 3s in seven games. That's f***ing unheard of. I think at least one or two were for the full two minutes.
The worst fanbase in all of sports.

Avg attendance below 7k before they lost games on purpose to get Mario (prompting the league to instill the draft lottery). Jarg gone, Lemieux waning, and attendance drops below 11k before they got handed Crosby.

And I believe their resume includes history's only NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB team with two bankruptcies.

Sans losing on purpose and a lottery ball, this franchise is a zoo *

* not meant to insult zoos and no animals were harmed in the making of this post

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So, out of curiosity was the stick in the face on the first goal considered a follow through or did we get away with one? Trocheck's stick went up on the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad