Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Igor is the only reason that game went to OT.
Well, Igor AND Bobrovski anyway. You know NYR outshot and outchanced FLA, right?

Chy looks really good. His skating and puck handling are giving us an added dimension.
Couple more games under his belt and he’ll be REALLY good. I liked him getting pissed and slashing the stick out of that douchebag’s hands. He needs that.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yup, he's almost unbeatable down low when he's on his game which he very much is.

They need to be targeting upstairs, especially with movement. Everything has to get up. Hopefully this goal makes them key on it more.
Hank has been saying they need to target high blocker

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I want the Rangers to win the cup but I really want to see the negative takes from fans. It’s phenomenal.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Another f***ing hack. Goes on all video about how the Rangers can't score especially 5 on 5 while the Panthers have the same amount of non-own and non-empty net goals. And the same amount of non-empty net goals as the Rangers. Seriously, wtf is this narrative that the Rangers are this pathetic team? It's f***ing tiring. This isn't even ESPN anymore.

I like it. Makes every victory an even better “f*** you.”

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Our fans or opposing fans? The negativity in the GDT last night was nuclear.
To non-Ranger fans, the team is nothing but an NPC - not real, doesn't exist. If they win, it's because the other team choked. If they lose, well, they were suppose to lose anyway so of course. Absolutely weird. Only fanbase that could be considered mildly pulling for the Rangers are hurt Bruins fans looking for revenge, or Tampa. Which I get.

But let's also not lose sight that mainboards are dominated by Devils and Canes fans hating hard on the Rangers.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
LOL okay we (NYR) played better than Florida in game 1. Your charts say it so it must be true. Strange how people watching the game didn't feel that way at all during it. 😊
I watched, twice, and thought it was pretty even, honestly. I thought both teams could play better and the difference in the final score in game one was basically bounces/posts.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
]
Perfect shot by Goodrow, important that he let it off as Bobrovsky was still getting set.

Goodrow overall these playoffs has been really great. Pretty crazy how much he's elevated his game from the regular season. He's just good in these games where there's not much space and you have to win battles. He's really anchored the 4th line which is not something I think anyone expected. Excellent on the PK, too.
I noticed as the game went on they started shorting immediately when the puck hit their sticks, from everywhere. Not letting Bob get set seems to be their strategy.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I thought it was even and the Messier and Subban takes were embarrassing. We hit 2 posts, Wenn missed an empty net, Mika missed an empty net. We easily could have won game 1.
We sometimes win games we were outplayed in. Win or loss I felt we were outplayed. Even fans of other teams on HF mentioned our lack of effort in game 1.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I watched, twice, and thought it was pretty even, honestly. I thought both teams could play better and the difference in the final score in game one was basically bounces/posts.
I'm not talking about the score. I felt we were outplayed as a team. If we go look in the game thread. Did people think we were playing well?

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm not talking about the score. I felt we were outplayed as a team. If we go look in the game thread. Did people think we were playing well?

Rangers played a gritty game. They had chances and didn’t capitalize. Florida is obviously a very good team with elite players but they weren’t exactly peppering the Rangers. Igor was much better in Game 2.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Cute pic of Lomberg.

Absolutely love PK.

I think I need to... I've been in BP meds about as long as you've known me (10ish years give or take). Usually there is a warning on the bottle if it's not safe.

It was tough. Just glad I made it to the end of the game.
Just google it. If there’s a dangerous interation there will be info line.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I agree. He's not dirty though. I want to hate him, but I kind of respect the guy. He is effective.

I'd love to have him on our fourth line
He leaves his feet on at least half his bigger hits. That IS dirty.
But yes he is effective and I’d love him on our fourth as well.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Definitely don’t hate the Panthers the way I hated the Canes. Except for Lomberg, dude has a very punchable face.

Florida is very beatable, Rangers just have to have clear their defensive zone by handling the puck much better. It’s as simple as that. Numerous times the first two games the Rangers flubbed the puck on simple clearing attempts out of their own zone.

Also don’t love the Trouba-Miller pairing. Put Schneider-Miller back together.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
You're really nitpicking. As @GoAwayPanarin mentioned, it's pretty clear that the coaches have all the D sitting back unless it's an obvious scoring chance. The results have been worth it...we have neutralized Tkachuck's line & we're limiting their SOG overall.
Not worrying about Miller and Trouba pinching for no reason really helps with my blood pressure though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad