Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I will not apologize. We got out played for all but 10 minutes in the first. Then dominated OT. That’s my frustration with this team the past two games. Big win. Build on it and I’ll regain my faith. But we cannot continue to try beat Florida at their own game. We need to play ours, like we did in OT.
Interesting. I thought the Rangers were the better team for most of the game except maybe 20 continuous min between 1st and 2nd.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rangers really seem to be the NHL version of rope-a-dope. People who don't watch them on the regular don't get that. They tune in and think the Rangers are getting caved in or totally outplayed. Really, they're just biding their time, keeping teams to the outside, and waiting for their spots.

I may be completely off and I was like 16 but when I first started watching over 20 years ago and the Avs were great for some reason it felt to me like they rope a doped a lot.

Reactions: Grifter3511

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You know what, Laviolette is a good coach.

I never say that.

I like the way this team adjusts. It's always for the better.
It's all I've wanted out of a coach. They can't be miracle workers and systems overall are pretty similar team to team with major differentiation coming from talent disparities. But all I've wanted is a coach who has an actual feel for every game and can make in-game adjustments across different scenarios and situations that improve his team's play. Laviolette is by far the best coach at this we've had in decades.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Maybe I’m a little buzzed but I’m a f***ing genius. I knew no commercial breaks in OT only the ice cleaning after 10 minutes and when the whistle went I sprinted and I mean SPRINTED to the pisser. Almost face planted on the stairs, first one there and made it back to my seat with time to spare. God Bless the New York Rangers.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Actually think Maurice is likable. And I do think Carolina was a better team. Doesn't mean we'll win this series but I do think Carolina was better.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
we had the momentun in ot for the last few minutes before we scored. we definitely had them on their heels towards the end, which is so refreshing as we were on our heels for most of regulation.

to reiterate I really hope the ice is better in florida. the ice has caused all sorts of problems for us. i can’t remember the ice being so bad the last couple years. I don’t know if there have been concerts going on or what, as the knicks have been eliminated so it shouldn’t be as big of an issue as it is.

keep it going.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Actually think Maurice is likable. And I do think Carolina was a better team. Doesn't mean we'll win this series but I do think Carolina was better.

Idk, it always felt like we could get a goal against Carolina when we needed it

I didn't think we were scoring again tonight. They block a lot of shots and Bob is tough

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It's all I've wanted out of a coach. They can't be miracle workers and systems overall are pretty similar team to team with major differentiation coming from talent disparities. But all I've wanted is a coach who has an actual feel for every game and can make in-game adjustments across different scenarios and situations that improve his team's play. Laviolette is by far the best coach at this we've had in decades.
I, too, was impressed by the adjustments for the game. He sometimes knows what dials to turn.

Reactions: Jack Hanson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad