All-Time Draft #6 (con't)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Oh, never mind, you guys went ahead of schedule... well boo! :P

Where are the results anyway??
I think we still have time to vote. I actually sent my results in Thursday, since I wasn't sure how my weekend would pan out. (I'll resend them just to be sure). But there's still a few hours before the deadline.

I think Elvi set up the Round 2 polls to get the debate going. Let's face it: we knew these matchups a while ago, so I don't see the harm.

I think most of us have busy sched's in December. I know I have to do a month's worth of work in 20 days. This is sort of the trial run for our playoff system. That's not to say we asterisk the champion of this draft. But there will be some kinks to work out. I would like to see a quicker voting procedure, but that's because I don't want to be trying to decide who should win a series between New Jersey and Burnaby (using them as examples) in the middle of December.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
At the same time as I stated in another PM if you stagger the threads there won't be that overload of 8 active threads on the subject which will just bog discussion down. All the real discussion happens within 2-3 days after that it is a broken record from two different perspectives it seems (look at the Leafs series for instance)

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I had to leave early for work today (Due to a combonation of rough weather and errands that needed running.) So, I never put up a last call announcement.

With that said. Please have your votes in by midnight Pacific Time tommorow. I'm going to start writing up and processing the results tommorow, but more votes won't be a problem.

So. Round one votes are Due: Tommorow Night

Thank you, hopefully I can do as good a job as my imagination.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
When are Round Two matchups due? I'll probably be doing them tomorrow afternoon regardless but I just wanna make sure I'm supposed to do them all at once

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Vote for all of the series. They were just trying to stagger the discussions, but there doesn't seem to be too much discussion going on.

What was the final deadline last time? Tuesday midnight?

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Guys, sorry for not being around much the past few days... there were some family issues I had to deal with. I'll try my best to post some commentaries tomorrow or Tuesday.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Guys, sorry for not being around much the past few days... there were some family issues I had to deal with. I'll try my best to post some commentaries tomorrow or Tuesday.

No worries man, it is afterall only a fantasy draft. I've been trying to tell myself that as I attempt to study for exams. Hope everything is ok.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
Let me get this straight. We're only voting for the #2 vs. #3 playoff round (Clippers vs. Whales, Mets vs Blazers, Bruins vs. Maroons, and Spartak vs. Citadelles), or are we also voting for the #1-#4/#5 round?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Let me get this straight. We're only voting for the #2 vs. #3 playoff round (Clippers vs. Whales, Mets vs Blazers, Bruins vs. Maroons, and Spartak vs. Citadelles), or are we also voting for the #1-#4/#5 round?
We're voting for all the series. Or at least the ones we're not involved in. (Speaker, you wouldn't vote in the Boston-Montreal series). The match-up threads were staggered, but the voting was not. Don't forget to include three stars. GMs that have been eliminated are still free to vote.

Nalyd, how many GMs have voted?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Do we still only have half the votes in? Or have a few more votes trickled in?

I believe the number of games required is the first tie-breaker. Not sure how you would calculate that one. I guess tabulate the total number of predicted wins and losses for each team (using Boston-Montreal for example, if someone predicted Montreal in 7, and another person predicted Boston in 6, that would be a 7-6 edge for Boston) and whoever comes out better wins. If their still tied, my suggestion would be the higher seed, but I think I'm in a bit of a conflict of interest on that one.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Total votes is the first factor.

If tied then total wins, 7 game series is 4-3, 6 game is 4-2.

If still tied then the 1st star of the series is the next tie breaker.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Voting is closed, one series uses the 2nd tie breaker. (And only 4 points seperate the 1st and 2nd star, almost needed a 3rd tie-breaker.) 3 series go to 7 games, 2 to 6, 2 to 5 and 1 series is a sweep.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad